angels4u

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

When we stand before God we won't give account for anyone but ourself.

Over come evil by doing good.

Proclaim the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and even toxic people will be saved and changed.

Hurting people hurt people, Christ came to heal us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:28 AM, angels4u said:

Can any of you relate and can you add advise from experience?

Hi angels4u,

Yeah, sadly my long deceased "Christian" mother at times manifested a toxic personality. Not to speak ill of the dead, and not to add to the "family from hell" genre, but to give this advice from hard earned experience not just with extended family, but on many fronts, especially in business, but also among the brethren & sisteren. (I wish I'd known these things earlier)

• Respond rather than react, ideally by picking whatever fruit of the Spirit is required from the table prepared for you in the presence of your enemies by the Lord.

Psa 23:4-5
(4)  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
(5)  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Gal 5:22-26
(22)  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23)  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
(24)  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
(25)  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(26)  Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

• Refuse to be wounded, tainted, or tempted by the toxic people you encounter.

Heb 12:14-15
(14)  Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
(15)  Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

• Remember to block the inflammatory barbs of the enemy with your faith, which is perfect as a shield, and for quenching flare-ups with its release of living water  

Eph 6:16
(16)  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

• Retreat rather than attack. 

2Th 3:6  Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother that walks disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

1Ti 6:5  Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 1/23/2018 at 10:34 AM, angels4u said:

Do you believe Christians can be toxic?

Yes, and unfortunately, some I've known are high on the 'top ten' list. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

The old man of the flesh getting into the driving seat.

I remember learning about destructive types of personality using military analogies:

• The Armoured Tank - This person thinks they are invincible, barging around with impunity, crushing everyone in their way.
  • The Hand Grenade - This person is easily annoyed, quick to pull the pin, exploding at the slightest provocation.
  • The Sniper -  This person is the hidden rival, waiting unnoticed for an opportunity to inflict maximum damage, striking with deadly accuracy.
  • The Land Mine - This person has buried resentments, appearing untroubled on the surface, blowing up if stepped on in the wrong place.

Maybe these seem familiar... :blow-up:

• Brilliant! 2

3 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The old man of the flesh getting into the driving seat.

I remember learning about destructive types of personality using military analogies:

• The Armoured Tank - This person thinks they are invincible, barging around with impunity, crushing everyone in their way.
  • The Hand Grenade - This person is easily annoyed, quick to pull the pin, exploding at the slightest provocation.
  • The Sniper -  This person is the hidden rival, waiting unnoticed for an opportunity to inflict maximum damage, striking with deadly accuracy.
  • The Land Mine - This person has buried resentments, appearing untroubled on the surface, blowing up if stepped on in the wrong place.

Maybe these seem familiar... :blow-up:

This is an epic post! Really terrific categorizing of personalities here. Thank you!

Maybe these seem familiar... ( yes they do ) :whistling:

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

On a personal note, I have felt that the 'toxic' people often will label you thus without much thought.

I do not like labels and have been the recipient of many. People do have certain tendencies and that is sometimes hard to deal with, but we must not dismiss anyone made in God's Image out of hand.

Unfortunately, this set of labels has been loosely used as a panacea for all that are to some extent considered outcasts, untouchables and evil. I realize all have sinned and fallen short... etc and ANY righteousness is 'as filthy rags'.

Thus, my message to anyone that has been labelled 'toxic' is to take note; take stock and remember labels are for soup cans. God does not do this but considers us all worth dying for.

We are ALL of inestimable value to Him.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

On 1/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, angels4u said:

Do you believe Christians can be toxic?

Now comes the question,what do you think is a toxic Christian?
  • This is Worthy 1

24 minutes ago, angels4u said:
4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Now comes the question,what do you think is a toxic Christian?

I'd say anyone falling into one or more of the above posted list. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

This is an epic post! Really terrific categorizing of personalities here. Thank you!

Maybe these seem familiar... ( yes they do ) :whistling:

Your endorsement is appreciated, David Beaujangles.

I try and balance my being task oriented with a need to also be people oriented. I don't know if you have come across someone who is solely task oriented but history and experience have proven that completely task oriented management leads to disgruntled and disenfranchised employees whose productivity suffers. Better to aim at an equilibrium between the two which encourages co-operation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

I have toxic people in my life. 

My strategy is simple. I avoid them but remain polite and civilised. Some are family so i limit my time with them. These are unbelievers who do not listen, they spread confusion. So i stay away but pray for them. 

I need peace. Only thriugh God can i possibly get it. 

Edited by Melinda12