angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,663
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,761
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  28

Can any of you relate and can you add advise from experience?

Life is precious. Yet all too often, we may find that much of our time is spent on negative, toxic people, draining the life right out of us. Sometimes they’re co-workers, friends, or sadly, even family members.

God never intends for us to spin our wheels, waste our days, trying to make others happy who can never be happy. Because in reality, it doesn’t depend on us. It’s not up to you. They may want you to think it does, as if you possess the power to improve the value of their existence, but that’s not a burden meant for you to carry.

God’s greatest desire is to set us free. And sometimes what propels that change is for some brave soul to be willing to say, “Stop, no more.” One who will choose what is better, and learn to set boundaries that will protect and limit the control an unhealthy person might be placing on another’s life.

Sadly, when we look deep into the mirror of our souls, we may realize that we are the ones who have some unhealthy tendencies that God wants to change. Today’s a good day to stop wasting time in toxic patterns of living. For he has better in store for us.

Here are some of the most common types of toxic people we may rub shoulders with every day, or a few we may find in our own lives:

SEE ALSO: How to Break a Toxic Romantic Relationship Cycle with Men

The Controller - This person is a master manipulator and constant controller. They want to be in charge, not just of their lives, but of yours and everyone else’s too. They watch you like a hawk, ready to pounce on your every flaw. They micro-manage down to the last detail. They have trouble letting go, so they don’t, they hold on, too tightly, until it about chokes out all those around them, suffocating others with their drive to be superior.

The Abuser – This person is desperately needy inside, and takes it out on you and the world around them. Through their own experiences of internalized past hurt, they have become angry, vicious, and cruel to those they say they care the most about. These people need help from counseling and outside sources. They need healing from God. If you find yourself in the home of an abuser, get help, now. Don’t stay in a potentially dangerous situation with your false hope that you can somehow change their old patterns of abuse. It is not up to you. Protect your life and the lives of those in your care.

The Too Easily Angered – This person is the one you always feel like you have to tiptoe around. Like you never know what will set them off and fly into a fit of rage. These people become easily irate at even the smallest thing, which is a sure sign, there’s a deep rooted problem inside. They’ve been known to throw things, hit things in their way, or spout off angry words they can never get back. They yell, they scream, they curse. You may see them on the ball fields, the golf course, the stressful office meetings, or even on the highway. Fits of rage not easily soothed, out of control temper tantrums that more closely resemble the patterns of a 2 yr. old.

The Bully - This person can be subtle or outright offensive in their attempts to bully, but either way, their desire is to dominate and make themselves look powerful. They have a strong need to feel better and look better than those around them, so they choose to bully anyone in their path. They use words, they use fists, they use lies, they use fear – but all in all, they want to push others down and exalt themselves and will stop at nothing to achieve their goal.

The Addict – This person is addicted to a substance or to a negative pattern or behavior that has severely affected their well-being as a person. They need help. They need professional help and they need spiritual help. They need people who will be brave to speak truth into their lives and not those who will feed their habit, enable their actions, or ignore dangerous signs of addiction. Recognize that this toxic pattern is bigger than just you. You are not to blame for the problem. But you can be the one who God uses to get them help.

The Negative – This person is the one who rarely has anything positive to say, because they see everything with a negative slant and have no problem telling you why. The sun may be shining, but in their mind, “It’s probably about to rain.” Life is viewed through shaded, cloudy lenses. They tend to be complainers, worriers, and whiners. These people often don’t even realize what they’re doing because it’s become such a natural part of the way they talk. They tend to zap the energy and suck life right out of you if you’re around them too much. They walk in defeat and choose to believe the worst about most things – even you.

The Blamer – This person is never to blame for it is always “your fault.” They will blame everything on others close to them. If they’re having a bad day, it’s your fault. If they’re running late, it’s your fault. If they lose something, it’s your fault. If they fail at something, it’s your fault. You will never “win” around the blamer, because they’re aim is to bring you down through their constant blame game.

The Gossiper – This person is always talking, and usually about someone else. They have an overriding need to be “in the know,” and to pass on the next juicy morsel to an open, listening ear. They can be vicious with their words, and cruel in their hearts towards another’s feelings. They have no regard for the reputation of another. They feed on lies, exaggerations, mere hearsay, and half-truths. They tend to feel better while talking about others so they can somehow feel better about themselves.

The Arrogant – This person is proud, self-serving, and always, always “right.” They never want to made the fool, but have no problem labeling others as foolish. They prey on the weak to make themselves appear better. They are quick to judge, quick to offer their opinions, and are rude to others in more subservient positions. Their goal in life is to be superior to all those around them.

The Victim – Not to be confused with one who really has been victimized in life and who is seeking God’s peace and healing, this person is one who tends to feel they are constantly the victim. In every situation. All throughout life. They are always feeling taken advantage of, always needy, always telling you what another has done to hurt them, or how no one cares. They see themselves constantly as the victim and before long, if you keep lending an ear; you may be the next one they feel victimized by.

What To Do?

1. Recognize the toxicity in others – or even in yourself.

We all have hope to change through the grace and goodness of God. And the first step there is to fully understand that there’s a need. If the problem is with you, admit that you need help. If the issue stems from within a family member or close friend, try talking with them in humility and with honesty, letting them know how these patterns over time have made you feel.

2. Set boundaries with tough love.

Tough love is able to say “enough.” Tough love says, “I care about you, but I care about me too, and I will not allow you to hurt me or those I love.” No other person has the right to trample you down, make you feel inferior, abuse, or bully you. Set limits to protect yourself. If you find yourself in a dangerous, abusive or addictive relationship, get out, and get help – NOW. It is not up to you to change the other person’s behavior. It is up to you to protect your life and the lives of those in your care. You may need to adjust how much time you spend with certain people; you may need to spend time forming new, healthier friendships. Seek out counsel. Find a good support group of those who will encourage you and provide a safe place for you to share and pray.

3. Keep moving forward in your trust in God.

He can accomplish great things through your prayers. He can move mountains. He can change hearts. Anything is possible through his great power. Understand that though it is never up to you to make someone different, he’s set you in their lives for a purpose, for a reason. And maybe the biggest purpose is to be light to them in their darkness, to extend gracious love and forgiveness no matter what, and to show your strength in a mighty God by setting clear boundaries and allowing them to answer to him, for the way they treat you or others.

4. Believe that God is for you.

He loves you, he cares for you, and he has good in store for your future.

“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed” (John 8:36).

https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/women/how-to-protect-yourself-from-these-10-toxic-people.html

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Bless them that curse you;.... In common discourse, or anathematize you in their synagogues:

and pray for them which despitefully use you: so Christ himself did; See Gill on Matthew 5:44.

6:27-36 These are hard lessons to flesh and blood. But if we are thoroughly grounded in the faith of Christ's love, this will make his commands easy to us. Every one that comes to him for washing in his blood, and knows the greatness of the mercy and the love there is in him, can say, in truth and sincerity, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? Let us then aim to be merciful, even according to the mercy of our heavenly Father to us.

--------------------------------

Romans 12:14
Bless those who persecute you. Bless and do not curse.

1 Peter 3:9
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

-------------------------------

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Study Bible
Love Your Enemies
27But to those of you who will listen, I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone takes your cloak, do not withhold your tunic as well.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

We all are sinners fallen short of His grace,

as Christians we are given the spirit of reconciliation and the ability to practice forgiveness.

Sometimes we need to protect ourselves from toxic people, but we also should be there as Christians-if we can, are - emotionally strong enough-  to help or guide anyone who needs help and that includes a toxic person.

Are we not all toxic in some way until Christ begins working in us and still then some of us have far to learn, but all us have till the day we come home to the Lord something to aim to better in ourselves with the help of the Holy Spirit in us and also by christian charity and kindness in the people around us.

Sometimes a kind word can melt away a lot of hurt and be so healing.

We live in a very rough world, and depending on our upbringing, we are the result of our environment as well as the aptitudes we were born with.

God came for those who are sick= that means ALL of us. He made no preference for those He should love more than others, He came with His message of LOVE- MERCY, GRACE to ALL.

We need to learn do the same.

Thankfully their are social programs to help the down and out to find back some kind of life. That is human and Christ loving, even though some people involved in these support programs may not be christian, to care for another is a good thing and should also be a christian thing.

Life, if one does not set oneself up the wright way, sometimes for a lack of being able to do so, they need help.

Just many fall between the cracks and many have no one, no help, not much know how as to how to survive. And these many time die a sad lonely death.

Forgiveness is KEY for His Healing to come through to us and others.

Prayer:

Father God, thank you for today, thank you for your plan of Mercy and Grace through Your only begotten Son Christ Jesus, Father God I come before you in the name of Christ Jesus,

I realize that I have judged___-so and so-_________________, and I have made inside me a root of bitterness. I am sorry for this, and i don't want that awful thing anymore.  ___-so and so-________________, i forgive you for (the offense ).  Lord  God almighty, I ask You to forgive me for this root of bitterness. Forgive me for taking Your place as the Judge. I ask You to come into that place in me, remove that ugly thing from me and wash me clean with your Holy Redeeming Blood, cleanse me in every place where that bitterness existed. I ask that You come into that place, to fill all those places with Your presence, with Your Holy Spirit. Dear Father God, i ask that you would bless ___-so and so-___________ with You plan of Mercy and Grace. Amen! Amen! Amen!

Here enclosed is a wonderful christian video that speaks about breaking the roots of bitterness in us and allowing forgiveness to come forth. You can listen to it by typing in the following title on you tube:

Dark Roots..... Bill Schnoebelen

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

Set personal boundaries. Pray to God and ask Him for guidance and direction in these boundaries. I am not sure about tough love but a person must be honest with that person. A person needs to be kind yet assertive. Some people will walk all over you if you do not set personal boundaries. If at all possible have very limited contact with that person.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Bless them that curse you;.... In common discourse, or anathematize you in their synagogues:

and pray for them which despitefully use you: so Christ himself did; See Gill on Matthew 5:44.

6:27-36 These are hard lessons to flesh and blood. But if we are thoroughly grounded in the faith of Christ's love, this will make his commands easy to us. Every one that comes to him for washing in his blood, and knows the greatness of the mercy and the love there is in him, can say, in truth and sincerity, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? Let us then aim to be merciful, even according to the mercy of our heavenly Father to us.

Romans 12:14
Bless those who persecute you. Bless and do not curse.

1 Peter 3:9
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

-------------------------------

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Study Bible
Love Your Enemies
27But to those of you who will listen, I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone takes your cloak, do not withhold your tunic as well.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

How would you deal with it Jeff? Did you ever have toxic people around you?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

14 hours ago, angels4u said:

Life is precious. Yet all too often, we may find that much of our time is spent on negative, toxic people, draining the life right out of us. Sometimes they’re co-workers, friends, or sadly, even family members.

God never intends for us to spin our wheels, waste our days, trying to make others happy who can never be happy. Because in reality, it doesn’t depend on us. It’s not up to you. They may want you to think it does, as if you possess the power to improve the value of their existence, but that’s not a burden meant for you to carry.

God’s greatest desire is to set us free. And sometimes what propels that change is for some brave soul to be willing to say, “Stop, no more.” One who will choose what is better, and learn to set boundaries that will protect and limit the control an unhealthy person might be placing on another’s life.

Sadly, when we look deep into the mirror of our souls, we may realize that we are the ones who have some unhealthy tendencies that God wants to change. Today’s a good day to stop wasting time in toxic patterns of living. For he has better in store for us.

Here are some of the most common types of toxic people we may rub shoulders with every day, or a few we may find in our own lives:

The Controller - This person is a master manipulator and constant controller. They want to be in charge, not just of their lives, but of yours and everyone else’s too. They watch you like a hawk, ready to pounce on your every flaw. They micro-manage down to the last detail. They have trouble letting go, so they don’t, they hold on, too tightly, until it about chokes out all those around them, suffocating others with their drive to be superior.

The Abuser – This person is desperately needy inside, and takes it out on you and the world around them. Through their own experiences of internalized past hurt, they have become angry, vicious, and cruel to those they say they care the most about. These people need help from counseling and outside sources. They need healing from God. If you find yourself in the home of an abuser, get help, now. Don’t stay in a potentially dangerous situation with your false hope that you can somehow change their old patterns of abuse. It is not up to you. Protect your life and the lives of those in your care.

The Too Easily Angered – This person is the one you always feel like you have to tiptoe around. Like you never know what will set them off and fly into a fit of rage. These people become easily irate at even the smallest thing, which is a sure sign, there’s a deep rooted problem inside. They’ve been known to throw things, hit things in their way, or spout off angry words they can never get back. They yell, they scream, they curse. You may see them on the ball fields, the golf course, the stressful office meetings, or even on the highway. Fits of rage not easily soothed, out of control temper tantrums that more closely resemble the patterns of a 2 yr. old.

The Bully - This person can be subtle or outright offensive in their attempts to bully, but either way, their desire is to dominate and make themselves look powerful. They have a strong need to feel better and look better than those around them, so they choose to bully anyone in their path. They use words, they use fists, they use lies, they use fear – but all in all, they want to push others down and exalt themselves and will stop at nothing to achieve their goal.

The Addict – This person is addicted to a substance or to a negative pattern or behavior that has severely affected their well-being as a person. They need help. They need professional help and they need spiritual help. They need people who will be brave to speak truth into their lives and not those who will feed their habit, enable their actions, or ignore dangerous signs of addiction. Recognize that this toxic pattern is bigger than just you. You are not to blame for the problem. But you can be the one who God uses to get them help.

The Negative – This person is the one who rarely has anything positive to say, because they see everything with a negative slant and have no problem telling you why. The sun may be shining, but in their mind, “It’s probably about to rain.” Life is viewed through shaded, cloudy lenses. They tend to be complainers, worriers, and whiners. These people often don’t even realize what they’re doing because it’s become such a natural part of the way they talk. They tend to zap the energy and suck life right out of you if you’re around them too much. They walk in defeat and choose to believe the worst about most things – even you.

The Blamer – This person is never to blame for it is always “your fault.” They will blame everything on others close to them. If they’re having a bad day, it’s your fault. If they’re running late, it’s your fault. If they lose something, it’s your fault. If they fail at something, it’s your fault. You will never “win” around the blamer, because they’re aim is to bring you down through their constant blame game.

The Gossiper – This person is always talking, and usually about someone else. They have an overriding need to be “in the know,” and to pass on the next juicy morsel to an open, listening ear. They can be vicious with their words, and cruel in their hearts towards another’s feelings. They have no regard for the reputation of another. They feed on lies, exaggerations, mere hearsay, and half-truths. They tend to feel better while talking about others so they can somehow feel better about themselves.

The Arrogant – This person is proud, self-serving, and always, always “right.” They never want to made the fool, but have no problem labeling others as foolish. They prey on the weak to make themselves appear better. They are quick to judge, quick to offer their opinions, and are rude to others in more subservient positions. Their goal in life is to be superior to all those around them.

The Victim – Not to be confused with one who really has been victimized in life and who is seeking God’s peace and healing, this person is one who tends to feel they are constantly the victim. In every situation. All throughout life. They are always feeling taken advantage of, always needy, always telling you what another has done to hurt them, or how no one cares. They see themselves constantly as the victim and before long, if you keep lending an ear; you may be the next one they feel victimized by.

What To Do?

We all have hope to change through the grace and goodness of God. And the first step there is to fully understand that there’s a need. If the problem is with you, admit that you need help. If the issue stems from within a family member or close friend, try talking with them in humility and with honesty, letting them know how these patterns over time have made you feel.

Tough love is able to say “enough.” Tough love says, “I care about you, but I care about me too, and I will not allow you to hurt me or those I love.” No other person has the right to trample you down, make you feel inferior, abuse, or bully you. Set limits to protect yourself. If you find yourself in a dangerous, abusive or addictive relationship, get out, and get help – NOW. It is not up to you to change the other person’s behavior. It is up to you to protect your life and the lives of those in your care. You may need to adjust how much time you spend with certain people; you may need to spend time forming new, healthier friendships. Seek out counsel. Find a good support group of those who will encourage you and provide a safe place for you to share and pray.

He can accomplish great things through your prayers. He can move mountains. He can change hearts. Anything is possible through his great power. Understand that though it is never up to you to make someone different, he’s set you in their lives for a purpose, for a reason. And maybe the biggest purpose is to be light to them in their darkness, to extend gracious love and forgiveness no matter what, and to show your strength in a mighty God by setting clear boundaries and allowing them to answer to him, for the way they treat you or others.

https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/women/how-to-protect-yourself-from-these-10-toxic-people.html

EXCELLENT!!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  932
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,319
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, angels4u said:

Can any of you relate and can you add advise from experience?....( Rest of quote deleted)

From experience?  Well no not really, except to say that light scares away darkness; put light onto the various persons being described here as toxic, and they tend to flee away seeking more comfortable for themselves company in darkness elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 2

I believe we all experience toxic people around us ,it could be people who are angry all the time,there are so many ways that we could be toxic if we don't live through the Holy Spirit,Christians can be toxic by putting other Christians down and make them feel awful, this whole world is toxic and it's only by Gods grace that we can make a diffirence for the people around us if we live in the Spirit,I believe we can curse people easely if we're not watching our tongue,really we all need to examine ourself how we walk with the Lord,is it humble or is it to be recognised by other Christians, Christianity is not always what is looks, let revival start and please God let it start with us.

A person who is always negative spreads negativity   , do we get yourself in check how we act to the people around us? ( Are we toxic?)

We know who we are in Christ and run the race with endurance, not counting our loss but looking for the goal we live like Jesus instructed us to live.

And if we fail,we can go to Jesus and He will forgive us our sin .. we all do fail as long as we live in this world.

Do you believe Christians can be toxic?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Very good post. This is something I have struggled with my whole life. Growing up, I just wanted to fit in and worried so much about what others thought about me.

Now that im in my 30s. I look at these people amd realize, nothing has changed with them. They are not living for God and are not benefiting me in any way. So, who needs em...

• Thumbs Up 3

• 7 months later...
Guest Desperately_seeking_Abba
On 1/23/2018 at 2:28 AM, angels4u said:

What To Do?

the only problem with painting others with broad strokes is that as a Christian,  we are not to judge each other and love each other, regardless.  

How can one hope to be Christ like if one avoids the very type of person one finds difficult or desperate? ?