• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

we can change the world while many say we cannot change the world

I think we can only change ourselves, but we need to study God's word and pray.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

SO what were his solutions.    Lets hear a few .  

I did now catch why he made the comment. No solutions were spoken. He went on to his sermon which was not about his comment. What's you opinion? can the church when the world for God 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

14 hours ago, john1 said:

I think we can only change ourselves, but we need to study God's word and pray.

You have it right. We are not looking to a united world church. The  changed is in us by the holy Ghost. The Bride is waiting for Jesus to return.  Jesus Said there would be many false teachers that would rise up and fool even the very elect.

I live on about thirty five miles from this preachers church. I was of the AOG for about seven years. When I heard him say this something said to me this is wrong. and I wanted to  tell Him. Thank you for sharing and shining light into the darkness.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I did now catch why he made the comment. No solutions were spoken. He went on to his sermon which was not about his comment. What's you opinion? can the church when the world for God 

The whole world will not be won .     We win converts to JESUS saves ONLY .

They make their whole agenda sound good by acting like we winning the world .    But their precepts and the world unity message they preach

aint winning anyone , in fact all who are in the christain realm who are going under this all inclusive mindset aint winning souls to JESUS, they FALLING AWAY from JESUS.

We simply preach the gospel .    Our mission is not world peace unity.    in fact JESUS did not come to give world peace, his gospel will DIVIDE

those who accept will simply be hated by those who do not .   The idea of world unity is not leading anyone to Christ, lest the first name is ANTI

that is who this world peace unity all inclusive is leading the world RIGHT TOO.     Let it sink in.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

[for me anyway] the scripture concludes that this present evil world shall not become better, but shall wax worse and worse, and you know very well that the scripture cannot be broken, no matter what we think: the only thing we can do as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ is to continue living the Gospel, and make the sincere effort to be not overcome of evil; but overcome evil with good as an example and as a witness.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

31 minutes ago, lastofall said:

know very well that the scripture cannot be broken, no matter what we think

Amen and HalleluYAH!    See in Scripture , always,  truth,  the description of ecclesia,   and the description of the world.

i.e. seek out blameless, trustworthy, honest,  truthful,  pure heart,  clean spirit,  right and righteous living, declared by YHWH in HIS WORD and by Yeshua Messiah.

also see in Scripture :  corrupt,  pernicious,  evil,  conniving,  adulterous generation,  dirty,  lying, wrong spirit,  carnal,  worldly,  deceitful,  wrong doing,  condemned,  apostate also declared by YHWH in HIS WORD and by Yeshua Messiah.

His Word is Always TRUTH, and cannot be broken,  not even one little bit.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 1/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Last night I happen on a Christian station. The broadcast was from A large Assemblies of God who's pastor is well known to those of the Assemblies.

He started with a comment that we can change the world while many say we cannot change the world. I say only God can change the world but he won't change what is written.

I would like to here other opinions

I myself passed a couple of milestones quite a few years ago.

1) I'm not changing the world (spiritually). Not only is that a daunting thought but it's not what I was meant to do.

I can't be in relationship with the whole world. But one on one, now that's a different story. I can help change the world of an individual! 

2) The other milestone was the realization that I ain't saving nobody. As Sam Shoemaker said in his poem "So I Stand at the Door "

"The most tremendous thing in the world
Is for men to find that door - the door to God.
The most important thing that any man can do
Is to take hold of one of those blind, groping hands
And put it on the latch - the latch that only clicks
And opens to the man's own touch "
            http://www.thejaywalker.com/pages/shoemaker.html

I've chosen to think about individual lives and accept that only God's Holy Spirit will change or save anyone.

Rom 10:14  How, then, can people call on someone they have not believed? And how can they believe in someone they have not heard about? And how can they hear without someone preaching? 
Rom 10:15  And how can people preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are those who bring the good news!

That's how we "change the world"