Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Last night I happen on a Christian station. The broadcast was from A large Assemblies of God who's pastor is well known to those of the Assemblies.

He started with a comment that we can change the world while many say we cannot change the world. I say only God can change the world but he won't change what is written.

I would like to here other opinions

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Why ? 

or Why Not simply seek YHWH and ask YHWH and read what HE Says, as recorded in His Word. (if He desires to reveal anything at this time to you).

All the time,   listen, listen close, for the VOICE of the SHEPHERD JESUS.   He is ever-present (He says He will never leave nor forsake His disciples even to the ends of the world),   and as the GOOD SHEPHERD is always guarding us, watching over us,  and speaking to us,  guiding us in the way we should go/ think/ live.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Last night I happen on a Christian station. The broadcast was from A large Assemblies of God who's pastor is well known to those of the Assemblies.

He started with a comment that we can change the world while many say we cannot change the world. I say only God can change the world but he won't change what is written.

SO what were his solutions.    Lets hear a few .  

4 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Let us hear what his solutions were .    This way we can test them.  

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Let me guess, the pastor is going to visualize world peace...

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/AOG.htm

Assemblies of God “Believe” Conference Makes Bold Move – Brings in Contemplative Key Player Ruth Haley Barton

This August, in Orlando, Florida, the Assemblies of God USA will be presenting their General Council Conference, which takes place every two years. The title of this year’s event is ”BELIEVE.” Scheduled to speak to “women in ministry” on one of the nights is Ruth Haley Barton. This is a bold move that the Assemblies of God is making because Barton is a major player in bringing contemplative mystical (i.e., mantra-based) prayer into the evangelical church.

The mission statement for the conference is “Believe we are on the cusp of an unparalleled Spiritual awakening.”1 On the conference website, it states:

GENERAL COUNCIL is the Assemblies of God’s largest gathering. It takes place every two years bringing church leaders together from all around the world.2 Click here to continue reading this article.

Assemblies of God General Superintendent Letter Responds to Lighthouse Trails Article – Defends Contemplative Spirituality

Regarding the Lighthouse Trails article, SPECIAL REPORT: Assemblies of God “Believe” Conference Makes Bold Move – Brings in Contemplative Key Player Ruth Haley Barton,”  the General Superintendent of the AOG denomination, George O. Wood, has issued a response via e-email. Because this response has been sent out to an undisclosed number of people as a form letter, we consider this a public response; thus we are posting the entire response below. Dr. Wood  has included a statement from “Dr. Jodi Detrick, chairperson for the Network for Women in Ministry, which is cohosting this gathering along with the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary.” Lighthouse Trails will be preparing its own public response to Dr. Wood and to Dr. Detrick. However, at this time, we are only posting their letter. We will say this, however: Dr. Detrick has attempted to insert an ad hominem argument of Pentecostalism vs. non-Pentecostalism; Lighthouse Trails will not be engaging in that discussion as the true issue at hand is contemplative spirituality versus  the  Gospel and the authenticity of the Cross. Click here to continue reading.

For other articles related to the Assemblies of God move toward contemplative spirituality, click here.

It also says that the event will inspire encounters with God, shape the Assemblies of God movement, and enhance [AOG leaders]  ”skills and be inspired to advance the kingdom of God.”

While the Assemblies of God denomination has been going in the contemplative direction for some time, especially within the AOG theological seminary, to bring a major contemplative player in as a speaker  to the movement’s main leadership conference illustrates how much AOG has absorbed contemplative spirituality over the last few years especially.

THIS IS PRECISLEY what I thought too.     PRECISELY.   

• Thumbs Up 1

And By new age prayer they get them infected.      I have long warned out against that satanic contemplative prayer. 

but just like other spirits.................most just soak it up and have no discernment.

My advice.   MAY none partake of that type of prayer PEROID .    OPENS the door to the dark realm it does .  and before you know it

its all about emotions , and hugs and unity and etc .     But the unstable always are ready for change.    always ready to hear and EXPERIENCE some new thing .

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Yowm said:

I'm sure glad there are some pastors and watch groups that expose this malarky.

Indeed their are .    always a remnant of true christains throughout the world their has been and is .

And they warn and expose the evil deeds and works of ,   MARLARKY will do just fine .    dung too.  but marlarky fits the bill too.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

A war is won by many counsellors, says the bible.  So this is just what I would bring to the table.......that it's a snare to be looking at earth and the things of it.......this world is appointed to wrath and won't be "changed" until after it has burned up and the Lord changes the earth as a garment, creating a new heavens and new earth.  All scripture and the gospel points to coming out of the world and seeking refuge in the "ark" (Christ) before the wrath of God gets here, it doesn't instruct or show us to be trying to "change" this world.........the church's only mandate is to show the mercy and love of Christ and preach the gospel......be preparing an ark, like Noah did in the midst of a wicked generation, for a hundred years......rather than setting out to change the world.  We just do as Jesus did and He wasn't concerned with changing the world, only with changing hearts of whosever will.  We are just to have our eyes fixed on the unseen, not what is seen........and this echoes what Jesus said about looking UP because our redemption is drawing nigh.  His kingdom is not of this world.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Let me guess, the pastor is going to visualize world peace...

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/AOG.htm

Assemblies of God “Believe” Conference Makes Bold Move – Brings in Contemplative Key Player Ruth Haley Barton

This August, in Orlando, Florida, the Assemblies of God USA will be presenting their General Council Conference, which takes place every two years. The title of this year’s event is ”BELIEVE.” Scheduled to speak to “women in ministry” on one of the nights is Ruth Haley Barton. This is a bold move that the Assemblies of God is making because Barton is a major player in bringing contemplative mystical (i.e., mantra-based) prayer into the evangelical church.

The mission statement for the conference is “Believe we are on the cusp of an unparalleled Spiritual awakening.”1 On the conference website, it states:

GENERAL COUNCIL is the Assemblies of God’s largest gathering. It takes place every two years bringing church leaders together from all around the world.2 Click here to continue reading this article.

Assemblies of God General Superintendent Letter Responds to Lighthouse Trails Article – Defends Contemplative Spirituality

Regarding the Lighthouse Trails article, SPECIAL REPORT: Assemblies of God “Believe” Conference Makes Bold Move – Brings in Contemplative Key Player Ruth Haley Barton,”  the General Superintendent of the AOG denomination, George O. Wood, has issued a response via e-email. Because this response has been sent out to an undisclosed number of people as a form letter, we consider this a public response; thus we are posting the entire response below. Dr. Wood  has included a statement from “Dr. Jodi Detrick, chairperson for the Network for Women in Ministry, which is cohosting this gathering along with the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary.” Lighthouse Trails will be preparing its own public response to Dr. Wood and to Dr. Detrick. However, at this time, we are only posting their letter. We will say this, however: Dr. Detrick has attempted to insert an ad hominem argument of Pentecostalism vs. non-Pentecostalism; Lighthouse Trails will not be engaging in that discussion as the true issue at hand is contemplative spirituality versus  the  Gospel and the authenticity of the Cross. Click here to continue reading.

For other articles related to the Assemblies of God move toward contemplative spirituality, click here.

It also says that the event will inspire encounters with God, shape the Assemblies of God movement, and enhance [AOG leaders]  ”skills and be inspired to advance the kingdom of God.”

While the Assemblies of God denomination has been going in the contemplative direction for some time, especially within the AOG theological seminary, to bring a major contemplative player in as a speaker  to the movement’s main leadership conference illustrates how much AOG has absorbed contemplative spirituality over the last few years especially.

It's so sad what has happened to the pentecostal movement.....but it seems it's all going or gone that way now.  Time to leave that dried up old wineskin.  When you see "Jerusalem" about to be judged......flee to the "mountains".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

visualize whirled peas

There's no telling what pastors will come up with to lead their congregation to believe more money in the offering plate will make a difference to other than that pastor. 

Edited by Rut-Ro