• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/14/1989

Hello all.....

At work today, a discussion came up which was about a man paying the school fee of a woman all through her education ( from high school to university). The woman promised to marry the man but when she graduated from the university, she told the man that she can't marry him because she doesn't love him and he is not up to her standard. Some people said if they were the one, they will cause trouble and so on. I told them that probably the purpose why God brought the man into the Lady's life was to help her through education and not marry her. Some of my colleagues and interns at work thought my answer was spiritual. My question is must everyone you help give you something back? Will you blame the man or the woman? What really should that man do to move on? Do you believe that we all have purpose in the life of everyone we meet? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I'd agree with Yowm. She was dishonest, but at least she didn't string him along forever.

It's a bit like welfare. Some of our money goes towards those who truly need it, but likewise, some of it goes towards people who would rather abuse the system. We help people either way. We can only dislike what someone chooses to do, after all, rather than the person. 

As for a purpose in people's lives, I don't think so. Think about all the kids in your graduating class you never spoke to and who's names you don't recall. Why, I never knew my year had a Chinese exchange student. We were probably in a class together and I just never noticed her. It would be rather pointless if her purpose in my life was for me to look in an old yearbook and be perplexed at her presence. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, God'sOwn said:

Hello all.....

At work today, a discussion came up which was about a man paying the school fee of a woman all through her education ( from high school to university). The woman promised to marry the man but when she graduated from the university, she told the man that she can't marry him because she doesn't love him and he is not up to her standard. Some people said if they were the one, they will cause trouble and so on. I told them that probably the purpose why God brought the man into the Lady's life was to help her through education and not marry her. Some of my colleagues and interns at work thought my answer was spiritual. My question is must everyone you help give you something back? Will you blame the man or the woman? What really should that man do to move on? Do you believe that we all have purpose in the life of everyone we meet? 

First of all a person should never make that kind of promise unless he or she definitely knows that the Holy Spirit is in this. Many can not be trusted. The man got the short straw on this one. The consequence of his actions. If the man wanted to help the woman with no strings attached then he was being generous and that is the right path he should take. The man and the woman were not Christians? A born again Christian should give asking nothing in return. A worldly person would probably want something in return.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

6 hours ago, God'sOwn said:

My question is must everyone you help give you something back?

If I give something to someone or loan them something I don't expect it back.

John chapter 14 verse 27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

I think I do not give as the world gives works.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

27 minutes ago, john1 said:

If I give something to someone or loan them something I don't expect it back.

John chapter 14 verse 27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

I think I do not give as the world gives works.

When you give expecting nothing back.  great is your reward in heaven.

When you give , give to those who cannot pay you back

you will be recompensed AT THE RESSURECTION of the Just .    our heart should never be on giving to receive .  we should just give because we love the other.

No earthly desires for giving to receive as much again, or as the false prosperity preachers say.............HEY GIVE and ya get ten fold.

GEE,   any one wonder what the one who does that true love is.............a hint . WHAT THEY WANTING MORE OF.    MONEY .   love of money .  

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

When you give expecting nothing back.  great is your reward in heaven.

When you give , give to those who cannot pay you back

you will be recompensed AT THE RESSURECTION of the Just .    our heart should never be on giving to receive .  we should just give because we love the other.

No earthly desires for giving to receive as much again, or as the false prosperity preachers say.............HEY GIVE and ya get ten fold.

GEE,   any one wonder what the one who does that true love is.............a hint . WHAT THEY WANTING MORE OF.    MONEY .   love of money .  

Be blessed john.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

God wants us to go to Him for our needs rather than the lender Proverbs 22:7. We are to repay our debts Psalm 37:21. A gift may be better and a loan.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

God wants us to go to Him for our needs rather than the lender Proverbs 22:7. We are to repay our debts Psalm 37:21. A gift may be better and a loan.

Miss muffet you loved.     something I learned by grace be content with such things as you have ,  and yeah lets not store up either.  always give to those in need.

You loved sister.    It don't bother me one bit that the pope considers you a jihader.   but then he did say preaching the gospel is like jihad.  SO I guess I right their with ya. 

be blessed sister. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

13 hours ago, God'sOwn said:

My question is must everyone you help give you something back?  

II Corinthians 9:7  Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Will you blame the man or the woman?

Personally, I don't blame either.  I can understand the man being upset at the outcome, but really it was an unwise decision and a person should never risk more than they can afford to lose.  Hard to really comment on her, considering we don't really know when she made her decision.  If she made it early on, then yeah, she took advantage of him.  If she made it later on, because of his behavior, then maybe her choice is one anyone would have made.

What really should that man do to move on?

He needs to forgive and get past any hard feelings he has.  He can't force her to marry him, and is probably better off that she didn't if she was just using him.

Do you believe that we all have purpose in the life of everyone we meet?

Probably not everyone, maybe not even most, but a good count I reckon.

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

A bargain was struck up. They made a deal. Like financing the development of a silver mine, and expecting the agreed upon return. She agreed, then broke her agreement. She should pay the guy back his investment. With interest.
I don't think God would set up this for the woman to be educated, if she was not a child of God. If she was, she should pay back and ask forgiveness, from the man, and from God.
If this was a charity case, out of the kindness of the man's heart, he would have done it without strings, as unto the Lord. It wasn't, obviously. Like Yowm said. He's better off, returned money or not.

• Thumbs Up 1