• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Folks!

In another thread I posted something about names and name meanings and how it spelled out a sentence in Genesis. That got me thinking and wondering about something (name meanings), and if it might be applicable to today. So I started to do a little cursory checking to see if it was possible. 

We know the Lord even uses heathens and unbelievers for His purpose, whether they know it, consent to it or not. Would everyone agree to that without naming all the Darius's, Nebuchadnezzar's, etc. 

From before the foundation of the Earth, could God have planned a name for each and everyone of us, unbeknownst to our parents who named us, and submitted to His will without even knowing?

I started checking the proper first names of some famous evangelists and preachers for their proper and historical meanings. And so far I'm a little surprised. To keep it very brief, here's just two samplings I did.

Dawson (son of David) Trotman, Charles (man-army-warrior), there are many Charles's in the service to the Lord. 

So far, everything I'm checking can have a biblical application and meaning. Do you suppose there could be something to this?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

I believe so, John's name was given by the spirit, as well as Jesus, before either was born.

As well If God can use a Roman like Palite to write the first written words of the NT on a notice above the crucifix of Jesus then anything is possible.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Would everyone agree to that without naming all the Darius's, Nebuchadnezzar's, etc. 

Proverbs chapter 16 verse 4

The LORD works out everything to its proper end-- even the wicked for a day of disaster.

It could be.