Adultery

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello my dear friends I have committed the worse sin in life. I have had an affair with a married woman and can't get closer to God anymore. I can't pray and I'm down.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, bismark1 said:

Hello my dear friends I have committed the worse sin in life. I have had an affair with a married woman and can't get closer to God anymore. I can't pray and I'm down.

Having an affair with a married woman is not the worst sin in life. Not believing in Jesus Christ is the worse sin in life. You can pray. Get on your knees and if you only say "Lord I am sorry" that is all you need to say. If we are so grieved that we can not speak God knows our heart and the Holy Spirit will speak for us. Now you need to forgive yourself. And not commit that sin again. And move on.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, bismark1 said:

I have seen others who have done such things and it seems that even when you are really sorry and would never do such a thing again, and really ask God for forgiveness he will do so....  what I have seen in others is they really don't get close with the Lord again until they forgive themselves.....     You need to do that or it will eat at your insides until you are just an empty shell.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, other one said:

I have seen others who have done such things and it seems that even when you are really sorry and would never do such a thing again, and really ask God for forgiveness he will do so....  what I have seen in others is they really don't get close with the Lord again until they forgive themselves.....     You need to do that or it will eat at your insides until you are just an empty shell.

But if man would repeat his sinful act and has asked God for forgiveness it does not sound like it was a genuine repentance. If a man is truly sorry and genuinely wants God to help him with this sinful act he will not do it again. God knows the heart. The person who is not genuinely repentant will have to answer to God.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

But if man would repeat his sinful act and has asked God for forgiveness it does not sound like it was a genuine repentance. If a man is truly sorry and genuinely wants God to help him with this sinful act he will not do it again. God knows the heart. The person who is not genuinely repentant will have to answer to God.

what you say is true but I'm not sure it pertains to the person writing the OP.   Sounds like he's pretty upset with himself.

43 minutes ago, other one said:

what you say is true but I'm not sure it pertains to the person writing the OP.   Sounds like he's pretty upset with himself.

Yes he is but he has to know that God forgives all our sins. But God does not want to be mocked. We can not ask for forgiveness and then turn around and commit the same sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

9 hours ago, bismark1 said:

Welcome to the human disg-race. As stated, since it is primarily a sin against God AND yourself, it is hardest to forgive yourself for falling. It is a bit of a trip to 'get back' but many have and will do that. Memorize psalm 51 and know that as MM said, it is no worse a sin maybe than others - but it leaves a very nasty lasting taste. All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of Yahweh.

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes he is but he has to know that God forgives all our sins. But God does not want to be mocked. We can not ask for forgiveness and then turn around and commit the same sin.

who said he had done that?   did I miss something?

5 hours ago, other one said:

who said he had done that?   did I miss something?

I am confused.Did what? Have an affair with a married woman? According to the OP it sounds like that is what he did.

"Hello my dear friends I have committed the worse sin in life. I have had an affair with a married woman and can't get closer to God anymore. I can't pray and I'm down. "

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am confused.Did what? Have an affair with a married woman? According to the OP it sounds like that is what he did.

"Hello my dear friends I have committed the worse sin in life. I have had an affair with a married woman and can't get closer to God anymore. I can't pray and I'm down. "

you were talking about him doing it again.....