IGNORED

WorthyNews: California Democrats want some businesses to fork over half tax-cut savings to state

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,278
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Calling the Trump administration’s tax reform plan a “middle-class tax increase,” two California lawmakers introduced a bill that would force large companies to fork over half of their expected savings to the state.

Assemblymen Kevin McCarty and Phil Ting, both Democrats, introduced Assembly Constitutional Amendment 22, which calls for a 10 percent surcharge on companies with a net earnings over $1 million. The plan could potentially raise billions for the state's social services programs.

“It is unconscionable to force working families to pay the price for tax breaks and loopholes benefiting corporations and wealthy individuals,” Ting said in a statement, according to The San Francisco Chronicle. “This bill will help blunt the impact of the federal tax plan on everyday Californians by protecting funding for education, affordable health care and other core priorities.” [ Source: Fox News (Read More...) ]

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Apparently california does not want businesses there. I cannot see any real business owner/ceo thinking lets stay in california. I see a mass exodus from california. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

businesses are fleeing California in droves, as they should. It appears that California does not actually want businesses here, and that of course mean employment will be limited, and more and more people, need help from the government, that has not money to help with. We are a fiscally bankrupt state, that just has not been willing to admit it outloud.

Not to fear though, there is always Oregon (with it's own troubles) and Arizona and Texas to absorb those leaving the state, seeking a chance to prosper. Good luck!

That Exodus, is not about to happen, it has been happening for quite a while. California says proudly "We are the 7th  largest economy in  the World!" Problem is I recall when it was the 5th  largest economy in the world, not that long ago. Now, with the extended drought, are agricultural production is also falling off, and we will not be feeding as much of the country and the world, that we once did. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

33 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

businesses are fleeing California in droves, as they should. It appears that California does not actually want businesses here, and that of course mean employment will be limited, and more and more people, need help from the government, that has not money to help with. We are a fiscally bankrupt state, that just has not been willing to admit it outloud.

Not to fear though, there is always Oregon (with it's own troubles) and Arizona and Texas to absorb those leaving the state, seeking a chance to prosper. Good luck!

That Exodus, is not about to happen, it has been happening for quite a while. California says proudly "We are the 7th  largest economy in  the World!" Problem is I recall when it was the 5th  largest economy in the world, not that long ago. Now, with the extended drought, are agricultural production is also falling off, and we will not be feeding as much of the country and the world, that we once did. 

Oregon has financial problems. Hmmm.... interesting regarding California. Didn't it use to be just the opposite?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

All I ever  thought I knew about Oregon in that respect, was that hippies fled California life, to live in beautiful Oregon, to live peacefully with nature. There, they infected Oregon, and made it more liberal. For example, let's protect all these living beings, the trees!

That of course, created job losses and an industry unraveled. Higher unemployment, means people lose thier homes, and have to sell them. 

Meanwhile, the hippies that stayed in  California, went into politics. There, they made it a magnet for the poor, so come and find menial labor, and get "free" benefits. This cost money.

How to fix? I know, we can raise taxes on businesses and rich people to pay for all of that. This leads to the rich and businesses, leaving the state. Some of them, go to Oregon, bringing money in that helps to prop up local businesses. Since they have money, more than native (Oregonians), the compete with the natives for the housing, driving  the cost or real estate up, causing more natives to leave, for other states to find work, and the cycle goes on.

This is a large problem with liberalism, it is  full of good intentions, but often lacks vision for how things will work out with the law of unintended consequences.

So yeah, now the economy is ruined in California, because we had the bright idea of making everything wonderful, but imposing restrictions on  business, and providing benefits to the underprivileged. Welcome to the impact of the left on the real world.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It seems many Californians are fleeing to Idaho. I don't live in CA so I'm not exactly sure why... :huh: It could be the wildfires but is it something else?

Edited by DollyTheSheep
misspelled wildfires

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

20 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Apparently california does not want businesses there. I cannot see any real business owner/ceo thinking lets stay in california. I see a mass exodus from california. 

The People's Republic of California has be hemorrhaging jobs and businesses for years. This will just speed up the bleeding and won't be sustainable in the long term. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I think Democrats are showing their true colors at this point in California. Trump won a free election and the domino's of losing the minds started to fall in rapid succession. 

This though is beyond. 

I don't blame Californians fleeing to other states. The insurance rates in CA are so high due to natures activities there already. Maybe the Dem's will realize they're going to be hard pressed to tax those that aren't there anymore due to Dem's that tax.