MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

I had not heard about the discovery of over 30 skeletons in the same area where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.  Some scientists theorize that these MIGHT be the remains of the Essenes, an ancient sect that is believed to be the authors of the scrolls. According to radio carbon dating, the bones are around 2,200 years old, making them  approximately the same age as the scrolls. The Middle East continues to give up it's secrets.

http://www.newsweek.com/dead-sea-scrolls-qumran-skeletons-human-bones-israel-716320?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=yahoo_news&utm_campaign=rss-related&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

It's amazing isn't it? The archaeological evidence keeps piling up proving the Bible is inerrant and infallible. What's next, the unveiling and plain view or Noah's Ark, the discovery of the Ark of the Covenant?   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

That's so interesting MG!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

It's a fascinating fact you shared. In the Essenes, we can see Messianic expectation and also a foretaste of the exilic life of the End Times.

Guest shiloh357
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, Dennis1209 said:

It's amazing isn't it? The archaeological evidence keeps piling up proving the Bible is inerrant and infallible. What's next, the unveiling and plain view or Noah's Ark, the discovery of the Ark of the Covenant?   

What they really, really, really, really, REALLY want to find, is the ashes of the red heifer.  

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/22/2018 at 10:46 PM, MorningGlory said:

I had not heard about the discovery of over 30 skeletons in the same area where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.  Some scientists theorize that these MIGHT be the remains of the Essenes, an ancient sect that is believed to be the authors of the scrolls. According to radio carbon dating, the bones are around 2,200 years old, making them  approximately the same age as the scrolls. The Middle East continues to give up it's secrets.

http://www.newsweek.com/dead-sea-scrolls-qumran-skeletons-human-bones-israel-716320?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=yahoo_news&utm_campaign=rss-related&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news

Very interesting topic I'm gleaning a little information on bit by bit. 

Back in Jesus' day you had various religious sects; the Pharisees, Sadducee's, Sanhedrin, Essene's, etc. The Essene's seemed to have suddenly disappeared completely during Christ's presence on Earth. I've been listening to some postulation that makes some sense. Whether true or not, I'm hearing the Essene's converted to Christianity and that's what happened and why they suddenly disappeared? It was even stated that it was possible that John the Baptist was an Essene?

I have much literature on the Dead Sea Scroll's I've yet to read, but based on everything I think I know, it makes sense the scrolls were placed there for safe keeping. Probably because of the Jewish rebellions and Rome's impending destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70 I would guess. 

I'm still wondering why it took decades for the transcribers, preservers to release any information on the scrolls?