IGNORED

What is the meaning of 666 in Rev.13:18?

Quasar93

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 hours ago, ScottA said:

Of course. Just as it is written:

Galatians 4:27

For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

Would you agree that our body is not even our own.    But Gods.

For we have been bought at a price .

Therefore  never render unto a wicked satanic system which hates GOD our temple and take its rfid or like tech in or on Gods temple.

I wonder how do you feel about rfid or said like tech in the skin.      My advice.  NEVER render to ceasar that which is GODS ONLY.

and that satanic system of the world which is run by wicked spirits in high places will ask us to receive this in time .

DO NOT HEED them.    Its not sin till it cuts skin.    We can have it in cards, in phones

but when they want to link us in it by putting it in us.   YEAH NO  I don't need satan to be my provider . GOD IS and even in time

when I wont be able to buy or sell without it.   GOD WILL FEED ME, HE DOES the SPAROWS.   yeah,   THAT is WHERE and WHO MY TRUST IS IN .    do let it sink in . 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Would you agree that our body is not even our own.    But Gods.

For we have been bought at a price .

Therefore  never render unto a wicked satanic system which hates GOD our temple and take its rfid or like tech in or on Gods temple.

I wonder how do you feel about rfid or said like tech in the skin.      My advice.  NEVER render to ceasar that which is GODS ONLY.

and that satanic system of the world which is run by wicked spirits in high places will ask us to receive this in time .

DO NOT HEED them.    Its not sin till it cuts skin.    We can have it in cards, in phones

but when they want to link us in it by putting it in us.   YEAH NO  I don't need satan to be my provider . GOD IS and even in time

when I wont be able to buy or sell without it.   GOD WILL FEED ME, HE DOES the SPAROWS.   yeah,   THAT is WHERE and WHO MY TRUST IS IN .    do let it sink in . 

You lost me at: "rfid."

9 hours ago, ScottA said:

You lost me at: "rfid."

Just remember I warned us all to have nothing to do with putting either a chip or electronic rfid tattoo  in the body.

I would not be surprised at all, if within a short space of time we even start hearing So called,   SO CALLED,   people of God warming to it and preachers

talking about how much good it can do for world peace , poverty , anti terrorism tatics.   Just remember I warned us all, DONT TAKE IT .

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552

25 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Just remember I warned us all to have nothing to do with putting either a chip or electronic rfid tattoo  in the body.

I would not be surprised at all, if within a short space of time we even start hearing So called,   SO CALLED,   people of God warming to it and preachers

talking about how much good it can do for world peace , poverty , anti terrorism tatics.   Just remember I warned us all, DONT TAKE IT .

But I still don't know what a "rfid" is.

10 minutes ago, ScottA said:

But I still don't know what a "rfid" is.

OH.    I thought you did.     if you have heard of that chip , you have seen it , its in that chip.

the one they desire to put in all of us .   Rfid is tied directly into buying and selling, heck its in our phones,  our bank cards etc

and now they want it IN US.   so just say NO when it comes to putting it in the body. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 1/23/2018 at 3:54 PM, Dennis1209 said:

But with blindfold on, what if the tail is placed where it goes :laugh:

It will be placed where it goes at Revelation 6. We will not be here. Many will be deceived and will not know who they are bowing to at the knee until it is too late. Once a person has that MOB it can not be taken away. They are then sealed for Satan. Those who do not take the MOB will either die as a martyr or they will have to go underground. A few will possibly be successful since there will be a very few believers alive at the end of the seven year tribulation. The believers in the seven year tribulation will be treated much like the Jews were treated in WW2 except much, much worse than that.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977

Man is judged on the basis of their accepting the mark. This MUST be by choice. God does not judge anyone based on coercion. I believe the time is coming when many will be forced to receive some form of identification, which will be tied to technology that is capable of shutting down a persons access to buying and selling. This, when reading revelation, is only logical deduction. What is NOT logical is God judging people for being forced to receive it. Injecting any type of ID/chip/whatever by force cannot be the basis for judging those who otherwise may very well be true born again believers in Christ. Thus the mark of the beasts cannot be a mere chip or ID. It goes deeper than that...read again revelation 13...it involves deception, and it involves worship and it involves authority. The chip, or whatever is ultimately designed to control our banking and access to the "system", is merely the means used as an inducement to receive the true mark...or inducement to bow down and worship according to the dictates of man...the 666 system....the global Babylonian ecumenical cartel. And guys and gals, pleeease do some genuine research. The concept of a pre-tribulation rapture...the concept of a 7 year tribulation...the concept of a future individual riding in on a war-horse ravaging God's people is a myth created by the very powers that be whose authority it is most of you already bow down to through worshiping according to their dictates and dogmas. 

Most of the world is already wondering after the beast. Most of the world is already pounding on his door pleading to enter and be in his exalted presence. Most of the world is already fully convinced that his system of governance and worship is the only answer to the world's problems. And that includes the church. 

While y'all wait for the big angry monster/beast  to appear over the future prophetic horizon with guns blazing and aimed at anything and everything Christian in general and at Israel in particular, the true Antichrist is already leaning over the proverbial back fence tantalisingly and lovingly inviting you to his barbecue. And you have already bought into his sophistry and lies, and are promising to attend, even bringing dessert.

Y'all are so confident you know what the mark of the beast is, yet only one or two of you have any clear idea on who the beast is. Listen carefully. a. It was the beast's own idea that there is yet to be a 7 years tribulation.

b. It was the beast's own idea that there is to be a future individual 'beast'/antichrist yet to come.

c. It was the beast's own idea that the church won't be here when he arrives.

d. This entire futurist concept idea came at a time when all of the reformers, again ALL OF THEM, even though they may have disagreed on other things, were unanimous on this one point...the true identity of the real Antichrist who in Paul's day was yet to come, but in John's day whose spirit had arrived preparing the way, and in the days of the early church was even then rising to power as a result of the daily (Roman paganism) being taken away making way for the rise of the Antichrist, the abomination of desolation (Roman papalism).

e. a,b,c above all have effectively hidden the true identity of the true Antichrist/beast from the modern church, thus giving him virtual free reign to do as he pleases...that is to fulfil to the letter the prophecy of 2 Thess...to enter the temple (the church) of God and proclaim himself as God. And unless you open your eyes and hearts to the truth, you will all be deceived and bow down to his authority and receive his mark. 

Only those who have a clear understanding of who antichrist actually is, will understand what his mark is and not be deceived into receiving it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 1/22/2018 at 11:52 PM, Quasar93 said:

At the close of Revelation 13, which discusses thebeast (the Antichrist) and his false prophet, we read, “This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666” (Revelation 13:18). Somehow, the number 666 is a clue to the identity of the beast. Revelation 13 also mentions the “mark of the beast” (verses 16–17), and popular thought often links 666 with the mark; however, the mark of the beast and 666 appear to be two different things. The mark of the beast is something people must receive to in order to buy and sell. The number 666 is somehow associated with the beast/Antichrist as “his” number.

The meaning of 666 is a mystery, and it appears that the apostle John, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, intended it to be that way. Calculating it, John says, requires “wisdom.” Some, using gematria (assigning a number value to each letter of a name or word and then combining the number values to arrive at a total number), have identified the Antichrist as various people in world history. Some of the popular targets have been “Caesar Nero,” “Ronald Wilson Reagan,” “Mikhail Gorbachev,” and various popes in Roman Catholic history. The lengths some will go to in order to get a person’s name to add up to 666 are amazing. Virtually any name can add up to 666 if enough mathematical gymnastics are employed.

Six hundred, sixty-six will somehow identify the beast, but precisely how 666 is connected to the beast is not the main point of Revelation 13:18. The Bible often uses the number 7to refer to God and His perfection. Traditionally, 6 is thought to be the number of man, created on the sixth day and always “falling short” of God. The beast/Antichrist will strive to be like God. He will likely even claim to be God. But, just as the number 6 falls short of the number 7, so will the beast/Antichrist, with his “trinity” of 6’s, ultimately fail in his effort to defeat God.

Addendum: Interestingly, in some ancient Greek manuscripts of the Book of Revelation, the number is given as 616 instead of 666. The manuscript evidence is strongly in favor of 666, but the alternate reading of 616 should give us pause before we start pounding away on the calculators.

In Roman times, the language used was Latin, and Nero was "Nero" ! That is his latin name! Also, in Italian, the name is "Nero"! Many of the romance languages developed from Latin - Italian, French, Spanish.  In Greek and in Hebrew, Nero was Neron

When Nero Caesar's name is transliterated into Hebrew, which a first-century Jew would probably have done, he would have gotten Neron Kesar or simply nrwn qsr, since Hebrew has no letters to represent vowels. "It has been documented by archaeological finds that a first century Hebrew spelling of Nero's name provides us with precisely the value of 666. Jastrow's lexicon of the Talmud contains this very spelling."5 When we take the letters of Nero's name and spell them in Hebrew, we get the following numeric values: n=50, r=200, w=6, n=50, q=100, s=60, r=200 = 666. "Every Jewish reader, of course, saw that the Beast was a symbol of Nero. And both Jews and Christians regarded Nero as also having close affinities with the serpent or dragon. . . . The Apostle writing as a Hebrew, was evidently thinking as a Hebrew. . . . Accordingly, the Jewish Christian would have tried the name as he thought of the name - that is in Hebrew letters. And the moment that he did this the secret stood revealed. No Jew ever thought of Nero except as "Neron Kesar."6

The fragment supports the reading of some Greek New Testament manuscripts that read 616 instead of 666. Why would someone making a copy of the Revelation scroll make such a number change? "Perhaps the change was intentional, seeing that the Greek form Neron Caesar written in Hebrew characters (nrwn qsr) is equivalent to 666, whereas the Latin form Nero Caesar (nrw qsr) is equivalent to 616." A Latin copyist might have thought that 666 was an error because Nero Caesar did not add up to 666 when transliterated into Latin. He then changed 666 to 616 to conform to the Latin rendering since it was generally accepted that Nero was the Beast. In either case, a Hebrew transliteration nets 666, while a Latin spelling nets 616. Nero was the "man" and either 666 or 616 was his number.

Partial source:   http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 202AArPVCp

Quasar93

The number 666 is synonymous with the "Lawless one". The gematria of breaking down the #666 into 6, 60, 600 then taking the Hebrew alphabet letters of each, translates to vsartem. If you take 600, 60, 6 then you get metrasv. But vsartem is correct. There two verses in the Bible that has it. One of them is in proverbs. The other verse is in one Paul's epistles.. he eludes to it anyway. Though it's not the verse where he writes "lawless one".

In other words the 666 is not about the name of a person, it's about their character. Good or evil.

When working out 616 it doesn't mean anything in the Hebrew gematria so that's how to know that it's a dead end.

In writing this I looked for the study I did on it but then I remembered that it's behind a password wall to my old computer account that I can't get to anymore. So I've had to rely on my memory on this. I guess I know now what to spend my time on in looking up all of that information again and compiling it into a new article.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

The number 666 is synonymous with the "Lawless one". The gematria of breaking down the #666 into 6, 60, 600 then taking the Hebrew alphabet letters of each, translates to vsartem. If you take 600, 60, 6 then you get metrasv. But vsartem is correct. There two verses in the Bible that has it. One of them is in proverbs. The other verse is in one Paul's epistles.. he eludes to it anyway. Though it's not the verse where he writes "lawless one".

In other words the 666 is not about the name of a person, it's about their character. Good or evil.

When working out 616 it doesn't mean anything in the Hebrew gematria so that's how to know that it's a dead end.

In writing this I looked for the study I did on it but then I remembered that it's behind a password wall to my old computer account that I can't get to anymore. So I've had to rely on my memory on this. I guess I know now what to spend my time on in looking up all of that information again and compiling it into a new article.

Thanks for an interesting viewpoint.  Keep in mind, Rev.13:18 states the the number of the beast, is a man.  Here is another view:

Is the Antichrist and Number 666 in Hebrew Nero(n)?

THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST in Rev.13:18:

During Roman occupation it was illegal for citizens to criticise the Roman leadership. If the Jews wanted to criticize, they would have to invent a code language. Babylon for instance was the code for the Roman Empire. The Whore of Babylon would be the name for the Caesar. The heads of the beast would be representative of the power structure of the Roman Empire.

666 would refer to Nero Caesar. In the Hebrew Art of Gematria, every letter has a numeric value. If you convert Nero Caesar to Hebrew and convert it to Gematria you will get the number 666. The Letter N in Hebrew has a value of 50. When you convert Nero in Hebrew, it would be Neron, but some jews would say Nero, meaning it could be 616 or 666. Old manuscripts of the book of Revelations also have 616 instead of 666. Again, this need to use numbers instead of names was used in order to avoid directly criticizing the political establishment for fear of being arrested .
If you want a further analysis read the chapter on Revelations in Bart D Ehrman's book: "A historical introduction into early christian writings". Professor Ehrman teaches at the university of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He is a textual critic of early Christian Writings.

SO TO HEBREW GEMMATRIA WE MUST TURN IF WE ARE TO MAKE SENSE OF THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST BEING THE NUMBER OF A MAN... 

If we use a Hebrew Aramaic Gemmatrial system (where each Hebrew Letter has a corresponding NUMBER attached) the system works like this:

ALEPH =1 = (' )
BETH =2 =B
GIMMEL =3 =G
DALED =4 =D
HEH =5 =H
VAV =6 =V and O
TSAYIN =7 = Z
CHET =8 = CH
TET =9 = T
YUD =10 = Y or I
KAPH =20 = K
LAMED =30 = L
MEM =40 = M
NUN =50 = N
SAMEK =60 = S
Q'AYIN =70 = 'Q
PHE =80 = F
TSADEH = 90 = TZ
QUPH =100 = Q or K or hard C
RESH =200 = R
SHIN/SHIN =300 = S or SH
TAV =400 = T or TH

Since the Apocalypse of Yohanon the Elder (Book of Revelation ) has TWO competing gemmatria for the "name of the beast", and was written during the 1st Jewish War against Rome (AD 66-72) the correct individual would presumably have to fit both 616 and 666 found in the 2 competing manuscript families for this marginal insertion...

The Roman Emperor NERO fits the bill nicely (he was the infamous sadistic but "Divine" Emperor-Caesar of Rome in AD 66 when the Revolt in Judaea broke out and used to burn Jews (i.e. Jewish Messianic Christians) in Rome in his gardens by dipping them in tar so they'd be able to light up the courtyard better!)

The Emperor Nero's hidden "gemmatrial" (i.e. Kaballistic-numerological) name in Hebrew Letters (with the letter VAV used for LONG O) would have been either written in Hebrew letters as: N R O N Q S R (=666, add them up) = this is the preferred version as spoken by the Greeks or else as: N R O Q S R (i.e. 616).

NERO was probably the original intent of the writer, but the "Book of Revelation"was re-written so many times in its long literary history, (e.g. in 96 AD (re-edited) with another Emperor (Nero-Domitian) in mind, and the text was applied to every succeeding generation where "persecution of the Elect" was in effect.)

Despite the "rhetoric of hope" for the "Elect" in the Book of Revelation which was meant to strengthen the resolve of those fighting the "Beast" contrary to the hopes of the writer, Jerusalem did not descend from the sky as promised, and 900,000 Palestinian Jews lost their lives in a war which, according to Josephus, should not have been ever fought in the first place...

From:  http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread80914/pg1

This is copyright material and must not be copied in any way until going to the following to obtain the guidelines for its use!

Attribution. You must attribute authorship of the work to "Byrd; a member of AboveTopSecret.com", and include the title of the message thread, 666-where does it come from?; and this full link URL to the post:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... #pid828821. (Unless otherwise noted, photography and other artwork linked within member posts are subject to the usage rights of the individual owners of the linked artwork.)

From another source: 

In Roman times, the language used was Latin, and Nero was "Nero" ! That is his latin name! Also, in Italian, the name is "Nero"! Many of the romance languages developed from Latin - Italian, French, Spanish.  In Greek and in Hebrew, Nero was Neron

When Nero Caesar's name is transliterated into Hebrew, which a first-century Jew would probably have done, he would have gotten Neron Kesar or simply nrwn qsr, since Hebrew has no letters to represent vowels. "It has been documented by archaeological finds that a first century Hebrew spelling of Nero's name provides us with precisely the value of 666. Jastrow's lexicon of the Talmud contains this very spelling."5 When we take the letters of Nero's name and spell them in Hebrew, we get the following numeric values: n=50, r=200, w=6, n=50, q=100, s=60, r=200 = 666. "Every Jewish reader, of course, saw that the Beast was a symbol of Nero. And both Jews and Christians regarded Nero as also having close affinities with the serpent or dragon. . . . The Apostle writing as a Hebrew, was evidently thinking as a Hebrew. . . . Accordingly, the Jewish Christian would have tried the name as he thought of the name - that is in Hebrew letters. And the moment that he did this the secret stood revealed. No Jew ever thought of Nero except as "Neron Kesar."6

The fragment supports the reading of some Greek New Testament manuscripts that read 616 instead of 666. Why would someone making a copy of the Revelation scroll make such a number change? "Perhaps the change was intentional, seeing that the Greek form Neron Caesar written in Hebrew characters (nrwn qsr) is equivalent to 666, whereas the Latin form Nero Caesar (nrw qsr) is equivalent to 616." A Latin copyist might have thought that 666 was an error because Nero Caesar did not add up to 666 when transliterated into Latin. He then changed 666 to 616 to conform to the Latin rendering since it was generally accepted that Nero was the Beast. In either case, a Hebrew transliteration nets 666, while a Latin spelling nets 616. Nero was the "man" and either 666 or 616 was his number.

Partial source:   http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 202AArPVCp

Quasar93

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

But he didn't rise from the dead :blow-up: