IGNORED

What is the meaning of 666 in Rev.13:18?

Quasar93

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

Nero was not the beast who is Abaddon/Apollyon, a fallen angel and king of the abyss

In fact this beast was placed in the abyss after he ruled his 5th kingdom through Antiochus IV just before the first century

This reprobate angel will come out of the abyss during the 70th week decreed for Israel and rule over his next two kingdoms upon the earth, the 6th smaller and 7th larger through the human little horn of Daniel's visions

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

16 hours ago, Quasar93 said:

Thanks for an interesting viewpoint.  Keep in mind, Rev.13:18 states the the number of the beast, is a man.  Here is another view:

Is the Antichrist and Number 666 in Hebrew Nero(n)?

THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST in Rev.13:18:

During Roman occupation it was illegal for citizens to criticise the Roman leadership. If the Jews wanted to criticize, they would have to invent a code language. Babylon for instance was the code for the Roman Empire. The Whore of Babylon would be the name for the Caesar. The heads of the beast would be representative of the power structure of the Roman Empire.

666 would refer to Nero Caesar. In the Hebrew Art of Gematria, every letter has a numeric value. If you convert Nero Caesar to Hebrew and convert it to Gematria you will get the number 666. The Letter N in Hebrew has a value of 50. When you convert Nero in Hebrew, it would be Neron, but some jews would say Nero, meaning it could be 616 or 666. Old manuscripts of the book of Revelations also have 616 instead of 666. Again, this need to use numbers instead of names was used in order to avoid directly criticizing the political establishment for fear of being arrested .
If you want a further analysis read the chapter on Revelations in Bart D Ehrman's book: "A historical introduction into early christian writings". Professor Ehrman teaches at the university of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He is a textual critic of early Christian Writings.

SO TO HEBREW GEMMATRIA WE MUST TURN IF WE ARE TO MAKE SENSE OF THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST BEING THE NUMBER OF A MAN... 

If we use a Hebrew Aramaic Gemmatrial system (where each Hebrew Letter has a corresponding NUMBER attached) the system works like this:

ALEPH =1 = (' )
BETH =2 =B
GIMMEL =3 =G
DALED =4 =D
HEH =5 =H
VAV =6 =V and O
TSAYIN =7 = Z
CHET =8 = CH
TET =9 = T
YUD =10 = Y or I
KAPH =20 = K
LAMED =30 = L
MEM =40 = M
NUN =50 = N
SAMEK =60 = S
Q'AYIN =70 = 'Q
PHE =80 = F
TSADEH = 90 = TZ
QUPH =100 = Q or K or hard C
RESH =200 = R
SHIN/SHIN =300 = S or SH
TAV =400 = T or TH

Since the Apocalypse of Yohanon the Elder (Book of Revelation ) has TWO competing gemmatria for the "name of the beast", and was written during the 1st Jewish War against Rome (AD 66-72) the correct individual would presumably have to fit both 616 and 666 found in the 2 competing manuscript families for this marginal insertion...

The Roman Emperor NERO fits the bill nicely (he was the infamous sadistic but "Divine" Emperor-Caesar of Rome in AD 66 when the Revolt in Judaea broke out and used to burn Jews (i.e. Jewish Messianic Christians) in Rome in his gardens by dipping them in tar so they'd be able to light up the courtyard better!)

The Emperor Nero's hidden "gemmatrial" (i.e. Kaballistic-numerological) name in Hebrew Letters (with the letter VAV used for LONG O) would have been either written in Hebrew letters as: N R O N Q S R (=666, add them up) = this is the preferred version as spoken by the Greeks or else as: N R O Q S R (i.e. 616).

NERO was probably the original intent of the writer, but the "Book of Revelation"was re-written so many times in its long literary history, (e.g. in 96 AD (re-edited) with another Emperor (Nero-Domitian) in mind, and the text was applied to every succeeding generation where "persecution of the Elect" was in effect.)

Despite the "rhetoric of hope" for the "Elect" in the Book of Revelation which was meant to strengthen the resolve of those fighting the "Beast" contrary to the hopes of the writer, Jerusalem did not descend from the sky as promised, and 900,000 Palestinian Jews lost their lives in a war which, according to Josephus, should not have been ever fought in the first place...

From:  http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread80914/pg1

This is copyright material and must not be copied in any way until going to the following to obtain the guidelines for its use!

Attribution. You must attribute authorship of the work to "Byrd; a member of AboveTopSecret.com", and include the title of the message thread, 666-where does it come from?; and this full link URL to the post:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... #pid828821. (Unless otherwise noted, photography and other artwork linked within member posts are subject to the usage rights of the individual owners of the linked artwork.)

From another source: 

In Roman times, the language used was Latin, and Nero was "Nero" ! That is his latin name! Also, in Italian, the name is "Nero"! Many of the romance languages developed from Latin - Italian, French, Spanish.  In Greek and in Hebrew, Nero was Neron

When Nero Caesar's name is transliterated into Hebrew, which a first-century Jew would probably have done, he would have gotten Neron Kesar or simply nrwn qsr, since Hebrew has no letters to represent vowels. "It has been documented by archaeological finds that a first century Hebrew spelling of Nero's name provides us with precisely the value of 666. Jastrow's lexicon of the Talmud contains this very spelling."5 When we take the letters of Nero's name and spell them in Hebrew, we get the following numeric values: n=50, r=200, w=6, n=50, q=100, s=60, r=200 = 666. "Every Jewish reader, of course, saw that the Beast was a symbol of Nero. And both Jews and Christians regarded Nero as also having close affinities with the serpent or dragon. . . . The Apostle writing as a Hebrew, was evidently thinking as a Hebrew. . . . Accordingly, the Jewish Christian would have tried the name as he thought of the name - that is in Hebrew letters. And the moment that he did this the secret stood revealed. No Jew ever thought of Nero except as "Neron Kesar."6

The fragment supports the reading of some Greek New Testament manuscripts that read 616 instead of 666. Why would someone making a copy of the Revelation scroll make such a number change? "Perhaps the change was intentional, seeing that the Greek form Neron Caesar written in Hebrew characters (nrwn qsr) is equivalent to 666, whereas the Latin form Nero Caesar (nrw qsr) is equivalent to 616." A Latin copyist might have thought that 666 was an error because Nero Caesar did not add up to 666 when transliterated into Latin. He then changed 666 to 616 to conform to the Latin rendering since it was generally accepted that Nero was the Beast. In either case, a Hebrew transliteration nets 666, while a Latin spelling nets 616. Nero was the "man" and either 666 or 616 was his number.

Partial source:   http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 202AArPVCp

Quasar93

My information is purely a collection of non qualifiable conclusion that has no support by any articles from any reputable Bible studies from anyone, I really shouldn't have shared it here. I reproach myself for doing it. I've decided not to make it public anywhere else. So it's just as well that you have ignored it.. I hope that everyone does.

Your information about Nero can be found in a number of articles on the internet, so it's well established as a working theology in some church circles.. however, the largest problem that I can see with it when reading the relating prophecies of the Bible concerning it, like Daniel and Revelation in particular.. is that your information is all historically oriented which unfortunately doesn't have any future application. (unless I somehow didn't notice it).

With all due respect, in view of my small insignificant entry which embarrasses me now.. and due to your entry that doesn't have the possibility for thinking that Nero is going to be the future antichrist during the Tribulation.

I will at this time withdraw from any further discussion.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

My information is purely a collection of non qualifiable conclusion that has no support by any articles from any reputable Bible studies from anyone, I really shouldn't have shared it here. I reproach myself for doing it. I've decided not to make it public anywhere else. So it's just as well that you have ignored it.. I hope that everyone does.

Your information about Nero can be found in a number of articles on the internet, so it's well established as a working theology in some church circles.. however, the largest problem that I can see with it when reading the relating prophecies of the Bible concerning it, like Daniel and Revelation in particular.. is that your information is all historically oriented which unfortunately doesn't have any future application. (unless I somehow didn't notice it).

With all due respect, in view of my small insignificant entry which embarrasses me now.. and due to your entry that doesn't have the possibility for thinking that Nero is going to be the future antichrist during the Tribulation.

I will at this time withdraw from any further discussion.

The book o Rev. is of prophecy as recorded in Rev.1:3.  Rev.17:8 and 11 is about the beast/Antichrist who was, now is not, yet willreturn.  Nero is a possibility, not a certainty.

Quasar93

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

Nero is not a possibility .... the  beasts human component is a future individual on the earth, the little horn of Daniel