• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/01/1961

3 hours ago, listener24 said:

I will not enter in the discussion about the questions itself.

It is a complex question that would deserve attention and cannot just be solved with throwing few slogans.

However, just wanted to point out that the user who opened this thread is being personally attacked for just asking this question and trying to present some ideas that he is considering, and he is being called "non Christian" just because he was reasoning.

So please let's be more careful before throwing judgments about who is a "true Christian".

Each one of us will be judged by Jesus, regardless how happy we are to assign to ourselves etiquettes like "born again" and judge other people's salvation.

So again, let's be careful in throwing judgment on other people's "real Christianity" and therefore salvation. Especially with some people who are just trying to understand more.

I'm so proud of your post, your godly discernment of this spiritual "shunning" and for understanding that this person is seeking and struggling with answers!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:28 AM, spiderman1917 said:

I am born again, have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, praying in tongues, and have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, washed in his blood..yet I see no Justice in punishing somebody forever for not believing the right things about an invisible God.

To many people, they find in the Bible to be irrational and full of contradictions... Just because the Bible is available to them, does not mean they are willingly choosing to reject God.  Jesus said father forgive them for they know not what they do. A lot of people don't know what they are doing

Hi Spider. I just dropped in on this thread and have skipped around others answers. I would like to ask some questions hopefully with out being judgmental. You say you are a Born again believer.

In Hebrews 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. I read that you love God but then you say he is unjust.

what do you think when you read this verse and do you  believe that the Bible is true being Gods word. If you Love God would you challenge God in His word.?

You say God hides in His being invisible. Would you think God should be a visible and sit on a throne upon the earth and think like men. Why do you believe in Jesus. yet challenge that he sits at the right hand of God. Some where you are going to have to come to terms. This same Jesus you say you love says  you cannot walk on both sides of the fence.  He said once a man takes hold of the plow and looks back cannot be his disciple. Luke 9: 62

God bless 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/4/2018 at 4:19 AM, shanee said:

Praying now

Edited by Steve_S
Spacing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 1/24/2018 at 9:40 PM, listener24 said:

I will not enter in the discussion about the questions itself.

It is a complex question that would deserve attention and cannot just be solved with throwing few slogans.

However, just wanted to point out that the user who opened this thread is being personally attacked for just asking this question and trying to present some ideas that he is considering, and he is being called "non Christian" just because he was reasoning.

So please let's be more careful before throwing judgments about who is a "true Christian".

Each one of us will be judged by Jesus, regardless how happy we are to assign to ourselves etiquettes like "born again" and judge other people's salvation.

So again, let's be careful in throwing judgment on other people's "real Christianity" and therefore salvation. Especially with some people who are just trying to understand more.

Thanks for that listener24.

I would say that Yowm addressed most of this question in his very first post.

I would like to add that it appears that spiderman has not completely grasped that all forgiveness for all men for all sin has already been given

Spiderman said....

"Where does the bible say a person cannot repent after receiving the mark of the beast? I didn't say they would receive God's forgiveness.  I'm saying if God wants to, he can forgive a person and remove the mark."

Heb_7:27  He has no need to offer sacrifices every day like high priests do, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he sacrificed himself. 
Heb_9:12  Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with his own blood he went into the Most Holy Place once for all and secured our eternal redemption.

Yowm uses a good analogy of the life guard

Something else to note; believing in God does not guarantee salvation

Jas 2:19  You believe that there is one God. That's fine! Even the demons believe that and tremble with fear. 

Spiderman has confessed Christ as Lord and savior.....I accept that.

There should be a discussion that works through the questions with a view to all of us learning and I frown when someone accuses someone that is asking questions that are very common as being unsaved.

Regarding salvation after death.....how do we explain those that died before 30AD?

What about the dude on the island in the middle of nowhere?

spiderman is asking legitimate questions and I think we should relish the opportunity to work through them without being judgemental

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

First @spiderman1917 that 'humble nice' man in North Korea that you reference is still a sinner, and except he repents will be judged. However, we can trust God that his judgement will be just. Jesus said some will be judged with many stripes' some with few stripes. 

Second, ignore those self-righteous arrogant blow-hards on here who think that they can assess your standing before a merciful gracious God from the other side of a key-board. I am surprised the moderators allow them such licence. 

Third. I happen to agree with you on the matter of eternal torment. The scripture says that the punishment of the wicked is eternal' not the punishing of the wicked. Jesus paid the full price of our redemption. That price was death. For those who do not repent and seek forgiveness' they shall have to suffer that death which could have been Christ's....that death for many, depending on their works, will be slow and painful, for others, not so much...but be assured it will be fair and just. 

You can also be assured that it is eternal torment and the stubborn acceptance of that concept which denigrates the character of God far more than you're questioning of those who misunderstand what it is that Jesus saved us from....and deny the most fundamental and clearest Biblical teachings in the process..."that the wages of sin is death". 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/23/2018 at 6:19 PM, spiderman1917 said:

Can you give me a scripture that says every belief we have must come from scripture?  Scripture says much of what Jesus taught and did isn't even recorded.

To believe every belief must be found in scripture is not taught by the Bible and is an unbiblical man-made Doctrine and error.

Your beliefs have been shown to be directly contrary to teachings in Scripture.  It doesn't matter if something you believe is not in Scripture when what you believe is totally opposed to all Scripture.

On 1/23/2018 at 5:48 PM, spiderman1917 said:

I don't think a Meek, humble, charitable, honest person would reject Christ if they actually got to meet him.

God takes this into account.

There are nice, meek, humble, charitable, and honest people who do not know that Jesus is Lord , or who have already died.  I believe before they are judged, they will be given knowledge of Christ and repent and be saved.

What you think cannot change what God's Word Says Always.  What you think will stay wrong until you read Scripture and start agreeing with God instead of opposing God. 

Why did you choose to believe things totally opposed to God's Word anyway ?  He warns against that frequently.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Oh, btw. As to the title of the thread, why does God require faith? In the beginning Lucifer began a revolution based on lies concerning the character of God. Jesus came to refute those lies, and reveal the love of the Father. Eve believed the serpent above the declaration of God,...that if they disobeyed they would surely not die. Today, most Christians prefer to believe the serpent still. They believe man is immortal, and cannot die. A pagan lie born in Eden. 

But God requires us to have faith because He wants us to believe Him...that what He says is truth. You have opened a can of worms with this thread because many posters here have revealed their lack of trust and belief in the plain words of God. They spiritualise "death" and pretend that separation from the only source of life makes no difference. That men are inherently immortal despite scripture stating clearly that only God has immortality. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 1/23/2018 at 6:51 PM, spiderman1917 said:

People have one short shot at getting to heaven, so why does God hide himself and require faith rather than speak in a way that is clear and can be understood by each individual?

Do you believe that God would burn someone in hell forever for simply not believing in him? I'm amazed at how many Christians (and Muslims) actually believe that.

It is such a depressing belief, I don't know how anyone could call it "good news".

Would you mind telling me what is so horrible about not believing in an invisible entity, that it merits eternal agony?

Eternal suffering for not believing in someone who is invisible and hides himself? Are you kidding? Such a belief is so strangely prevalent. Why?

I love God, but the God I know isn't the epitome of cruel and unjust. God is love. The God I know said to those who crucified him, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".

I am for punishment fitting the crime....if a person doesn't believe in an invisible entity, that doesn't mean they should be tormented forever, and ever, and ever, and ever for trillions of years...not sure why people preach something so unjust that pushes people away.

Scripture says God will reconcile all things to himself.  

God doesn't punish people for not being religious/occult (in fact, no commandment of the biblical God says "you shall practice religious faith") - the divine mechanism of the eternal circle (called "God" in some biblical verses, which is actually a process of struggle between the "Light" and the "darkness") punishes souls for having caused evil to their neighbor/townsman/cohabitant - for example, if angels of satan cause evil to some person (who may not even know where the evil befalling them comes from), the soul of each of them will inevitably be that person (i.e. the victim of their wickedness) in next/future eternities(cycles of eternity) and will inevitably suffer in exactly the same way their victim suffered, because the soul of each of them will be the same person to whom they caused evil - in the course of something like constant re-projection of the same movie in which actors are alternated as to their roles (you know, one destiny for all according to the perfect justice in the vicious circle of being in one universe with indestructible "darkness" which doesn't allow there to be indefinitely lasting life in Paradise throughout the infinity of time) - from this perspective we are something like directors of the movie of our lives

so the ones who cause evil to others should seriously think about whether it is really worth it - especially the ones who commit spiritual lawlessness, albeit in the form of (ostensibly) sacred religion - 'cause God cannot change what is constant (just as the law of mathematical subtraction, addition and multiplication is constant and universal)

Glory be to the One Who created everything good and Who can save us all to eternal life!

Blessings

Edited by ytLiJC