MyLordsServant

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

"They stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit'. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, 'Lord, lay not this sin to their charge'. And when he had said this, he fell asleep."

Such nobility and character. It's hard to forgive people who simply look at us the wrong way. Meanwhile Stephen begs the Lord in sincerity, to forgive those who were stoning him without a cause.

Then Jesus takes his spirit from his body, to relieve him from the pain of stoning. 

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

As men it is practically impossible unless...

And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
(Act 6:5)

And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.
(Act 6:8)

And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.
(Act 6:15)

FOR IN CHRIST JESUS all things are possible for he or she who believes.

And I can do ALL things THROUGH CHRIST who STENGTHENS ME .    With man this is impossible

But not with the HOLY GHOST .   obey the SPIRIT .    Onward in the Lord.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

This verse is widely misrepresented.  "All things" does not mean anything you want, but His will in our lives.  People have to remember to read all of scripture in order to fully understand this one verse.  There will be times when we believe our request will be answered only to discover that God has a better plan.

This verse gets misrepresented along with this other one as well Psalm 37:4 "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Christians I know will say that we will get whatever we want but the opposite is true. If we take delight in the Lord then He will plant he desire in our heart that He wants us to have. Not so that we can get what we want but that we will want what He wants and then He will use it in a great way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, OneLight said:

This verse is widely misrepresented.  "All things" does not mean anything you want, but His will in our lives.  People have to remember to read all of scripture in order to fully understand this one verse.  There will be times when we believe our request will be answered only to discover that God has a better plan.

BELIEVE YOU ME I FULLY AGREE.     all things means all strength to overcome all trials and tempations through HIM.    

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

10 hours ago, OneLight said:

John 5:14

"And this is the confidence that we have before Him: If we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."

• Thumbs Up 2