• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I think the one taken out of the way is Michael the angel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Davida said:

You may believe what you like --I Do NOT agree and Won't because the Bible is is clear.

Imo , your understanding and handling of the scripture is in great error. It is obvious that the restrainer is and CAN only BE the Holy Spirit.  It is only  GOD in the HOLY SPIRIT that that Now RESTRAINS or holds back EVIL.  It is the Holy Spirit within the True believers that will be taken away when the Church is raptured. Read carefully as Every translations states it. 

Davida

I am not giving a private interpretation, I am just giving what Paul is speaking about. 

We don't need a thousand translations to understand.  Follow through Davida;

2 Thessalonians 2:1   Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

That day when Christ comes for his saints...

2 Thessalonians 2:2   That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Christ was not returning in their day....Not until....

2 Thessalonians 2:3   Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Christ is not returning until the falling away comes first....during the end times....when the churches fall away from the truth ...then "that man of sin" will be revealed to the world......shortly after he's finished his job.

2 Thessalonians 2:4   Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This same man....

2 Thessalonians 2:5   Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

2 Thessalonians 2:6   And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

What withholds the Coming, and the gathering of the saints?......this....the FALLING AWAY must come FIRST, then... the Son of Perdition coming, and being revealed. 

THIS IS WHAT WITHHOLDS THE COMING & the GATHERING, ALL THIS MUST COME FIRST.

Don't be deceived as Paul warns.  He's explaining the timing.

2 Thessalonians 2:7   For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Only God can say when,...and give his permission for this man to do his job.....EVIL WILL CONTINUE to DECEIVE until this "man" is taken out of the way, at the Coming.

2 Thessalonians 2:8   And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

I had a closer look at this;

EVIL will be REVEALED on the day of the Lord's coming.  Christ will be so bright, he will show the world the darkness they have been under, which is the evil, from the evil one.  EVIL WILL BE CONSUMED ON THIS DAY BY CHRIST.  All the existing WICKEDNESS on this earth will be punished and destroyed AT HIS COMING.

2 Thessalonians 2:9   Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Even HIM will be revealed, this Son of Perdition, the one with all the miracles, and one everyone trusted in,..Satan's brainchild.  He'll Be destroyed also.  HE IS THE FALSE PROPHET WHO DECEIVES.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

Those who think that believers on this side of the coming tribulation period will be subjected to it are teaching falsehood

The tribulation period of 7 years begins here and it is the Lord who will bring it upon an unbelieving world

Revelation

6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

1 hour ago, Davida said:

The Bible says that Archangel Michael stands guard over Israel and he doesn't arise until Daniel 12:1 The Time of the End
Daniel 12:1-4 The Time of the End
      1“Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued. 2“Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. 3“Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. 4“But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.”

yep sounds like the rapture to me

That scripture that was quoted earlier in this thread from 2 Thessalonians 2:6,7 to me is speaking of the church being the one hindering the anti-Christ from taking over the world.  

"And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work:  only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way."

What this is saying to me is that the church must be taken out of the world, by way of the catching away (rapture), before the anti-Christ can be revealed.  In verse 3, it does say, 

"Let no man deceive you by any means:  for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition."  

That does come before verses 6 and 7, but then you go down to verse 8, and it says,

"And then that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming."

The mistake being made here is going at this like we are following an exact sequence of events, while ignoring the fact that "he who now letteth" is taken out of the way before we see the Wicked being revealed later in the passage.  

It is kind of like that passage in Matthew 24.  You have Jesus first describe all the signs of the end, including the anti-Christ in the temple, and then it goes back to before the tribulation in verse 36 and describes the rapture.  Some have mistakenly taken the rapture to be the second coming.  

The only ones I worry about having a false sense of security are the backslidden church that thinks they will be raptured out.  Like the virgins that let the oil run out of their vessels, they won't be taken in the rapture.  If people wish to prepare for the days immediately before the rapture, which won't be pleasant either, by stockpiling supplies, that might be a good idea, but if you are watching and waiting on the Lord's return, you won't have to be here for the great tribulation period.  It goes without saying we should always be living right.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/26/2018 at 9:03 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Any man who truly seeks the truth shall be given it.

Yes,  that is YHVH'S PROMISE.   (there may be some conditions also - YHVH'S conditions written in His Word)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

On 1/24/2018 at 5:38 AM, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

No bunkers.

No food caches.

No guns.

No gold.

No Bitcoin.

7 TIPS FOR PREPARING FOR THE GREAT TRIBULATION

1.       Cleanse yourself of every defilement of body and spirit, as necessary.

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before Him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and He knows everything. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do what pleases Him. (1 John 3:19-22 ESV)

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9 ESV)

2.       Put on the whole armor of God.

…Be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might…

Take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day,

and having done all, to stand firm.

Stand, therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth,

and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.

In all circumstances, take up the shield of faith,

with which you can extinguish the flaming darts of the evil one;

and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God… (Ephesians 6:10, 13, 14-17 ESV)

3.       Pray. (For yourself, and for your brothers and sisters in Christ.)

To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints…

(Ephesians 6:18 ESV)

“But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to happen, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:36 ESV)/"Watch ye, therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man." (KJV)

4.       Trust in the Lord.

(Take Him at His word, prove it for yourself, and stand on it---as though your LIFE depends upon it.)

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is in the LORD.

He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream,

and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green,

and is not anxious in the year of drought,

for it does not cease to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7,8 ESV)

5.       Prepare your mind to suffer for Christ’s sake---and look forward to the joy and rest to follow!

…Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2 ESV)

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when His glory is revealed. (1 Peter 4:12,13 ESV)

“Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy.” (John 16:20 ESV)

6.       Cast all your anxieties upon the Lord. (1 Peter 5:7)

When I am afraid, I put my trust in You. (Psalm 56:3 ESV)

When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul. (Psalm 94:19 ESV)

7.       Keep a loose hand on everything you have (your possessions, your loved ones, and your own life)---and prepare to lose it all for Jesus.

“Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it.”

(Luke 17:33 ESV)

"Whoever loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me."  

(Matthew 10:37 ESV)

If anyone is to be taken captive, to captivity he goes; if anyone is to be slain with the sword, with the sword must he be slain.

Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints. (Revelation 13:10 ESV)

----

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,

Nor the heart of man imagined,

what God has prepared for those

who love Him.”

(1 Corinthians 2:9 ESV)

----

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro

throughout the whole earth,

to give strong support to those whose heart

is blameless toward Him.

(2 Chronicles 16:9 ESV)

You missed one. Prepare for God's truth for this time: you WILL BE overcome. Don't even think that believers in Jesus Christ will live through this time. God's word for this season is that the saints will be overcome. We see them in the first part of chapter 15, those beheaded appearing in heaven.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Butero said:

That scripture that was quoted earlier in this thread from 2 Thessalonians 2:6,7 to me is speaking of the church being the one hindering the anti-Christ from taking over the world.  

"And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work:  only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way."

What this is saying to me is that the church must be taken out of the world, by way of the catching away (rapture), before the anti-Christ can be revealed.  In verse 3, it does say, 

"Let no man deceive you by any means:  for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition."  

That does come before verses 6 and 7, but then you go down to verse 8, and it says,

"And then that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming."

The mistake being made here is going at this like we are following an exact sequence of events, while ignoring the fact that "he who now letteth" is taken out of the way before we see the Wicked being revealed later in the passage.  

It is kind of like that passage in Matthew 24.  You have Jesus first describe all the signs of the end, including the anti-Christ in the temple, and then it goes back to before the tribulation in verse 36 and describes the rapture.  Some have mistakenly taken the rapture to be the second coming.  

The only ones I worry about having a false sense of security are the backslidden church that thinks they will be raptured out.  Like the virgins that let the oil run out of their vessels, they won't be taken in the rapture.  If people wish to prepare for the days immediately before the rapture, which won't be pleasant either, by stockpiling supplies, that might be a good idea, but if you are watching and waiting on the Lord's return, you won't have to be here for the great tribulation period.  It goes without saying we should always be living right.

Good point. If we examine 2 Thes. 2:3b, we see Paul wrote that at that moment in time, in his argument, the man of sin IS REVEALED - meaning, according to verses 6-8, that the restraining force has not been removed. Therefore, somewhere in verse 3a the restrainer has been "taken out of the way."