• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

Q: Who had created hell? GOD is Love – He couldn’t: Love doesn't create tortures. On the other hand,

All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:3)

So, who had made it?

A: Let's first try to make a right definition.

Hell (a.k.a. sheol, hades, gehenna, bottomless pit) is the spirit area, actually existing and operating in the spirit world. The actual physical position of hell is deep down in the center of Earth globe (by Revelation 9:1-2 & 11:7 it's the bottomless pit.) However, even if some researchers ever get there, nothing of the sort might be found – much the same as a try to see Angels out there in the sky.

Now, we humans are they who made it. All our sins (evil words & actions) are born in and commanded by the mind when we give in to evil thoughts sent out by Satan. Those evil thoughts of humans develop into their evil intentions, attitudes, words, actions and thus echo in the spirit world at some spirit dumping ground – hell. The last is still being enlarged by and actually waiting for the unsaved souls investing into it. For, surely, the total amount of sin done is much more than that repented of, confessed to and forgiven by LORD GOD.

This Scripture (on another subject, but) might serve a good analogy:

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven. (Matthew 18:18)

There are many Parables of Christ helping us to comprehend Heaven.

Why can't we also comprehend hell several ways, compared to a bank wherein there are only negative accounts or debts (see Matthew 6:12) collected?

Speaking of hell, there have always been people who had Visions of hell. The pictures honestly described are fearful, yet, hardly perceivable since they are but symbols. (We have come to the same conclusion discussing the Kingdom of Heaven in Q & A article 153.)

Since the hell is spiritual, the tortures therein are spiritual too.

Holy Scriptures described it as a fire – spirit fire it is. The fearful pain which physical fire does to a human body is compared to the pain, a human spirit suffers in hell. Probably, the second death is nothing but the eternal agony of conscience...

Therefore, to have a personal glimpse into the hell, you and I might just recall any of those bad feelings of remorse, we all have had more than once. Try to imagine a clear total recall and the remorse embracing all our evil thoughts, words, and works. We cannot continue in that state of mind very long, can we? But the condemned spirits will...

Many persons, I am aware, have entered into ingenious debates about the Eternal Fire, by which the wicked will be tormented after the Judgment. But we may conclude from many Passages of Scripture, that it is a metaphorical expression... Let us lay aside the speculations, by which foolish men weary themselves to no purpose, and satisfy ourselves with believing, that these forms of speech denote, in a manner suited to our feeble capacity, a dreadful torment, which no man can now comprehend, and no language can express...

(John Calvin, Commentary on a Harmony of the Evangelists, Matthew, Mark, and Luke, pp 200-201)

Scripture reference:

Psalm 9:15 (the hell is made by sinners);

Isaiah 5:14 (the hell is being enlarged)

2Peter 2:4 (the hell is reserved unto Judgment)

Revelation 14:9-10; 19:20; 20:10; 21:8 (spirit fire, second death); 20:13-14 (the hell becomes second death)

The above is taken from Q & A book, article 8,

http://igor.worthyofpraise.org

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

God did create hell, for the devil and his angels, it is place for those savage spirits that war against God and His creation: 

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.” (Matthew 25:41) 

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.“ (Revelation 20:10) 

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;” (2 Peter 2:4)

And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—“ (Jude 1:6) 

They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.” (2 Thessalonians 1:9) 

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:46)

And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’” (Mark 9:43, 48)

”And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.” (Revelation 14:11)

And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.” (Revelation 19:20) 

“And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:15)

Hell and torment is part of God’s justice. God had to satisfy justice for our sins by dying on a cross, but those who refuse this grace are absorbed to join the fallen angels in the inferno. If Jesus did not punish and send the wicked to the fire then salvation and His death was in vain. If Hitler and the devil got to be with us on the New Jerusalem and heaven that would be unfair to those who stood firm in the faith. 

God created hell initially for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41) because of their abominable behavior (Genesis 6:4-6). He then adds those who take the mark of the beast and who choose to be Jos enemy after he offers grace and love (Revelation 14:11, Revelation 20:15). 

Hell is part of God’s love. Without it, we would be abused to have to live with Hitler and other evil beings. 

Another way way to put it is this. When you have a birthday party do you invite people who love you and care about you or do you invite people who hate you, mock you, and want you to be hurt? The answer is obvious. The same goes for Jesus, He’s having a party (Revelation 19:6-9) and He has sent RSVPs to all people, but the only ones who get into the party are those who RSVP and love Him back and receive His grace through faith. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I looked up the hebrew for destroy and destruction and came up with annihilation.

'its a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God' speaks of the horror of judgement, but to torture someone forever seems strange. An individuals sins of a short life time doesn't compare  well with all of mankind's sins Jesus suffered a few hours for. 

The pilot that was burnd alive in a cage took a few moments to bring death. We were all horrified.

But God is going to extend that burning for all eternity, no letting up and He is not horrified?

So if we are horrified about torture, does that make us unholy? Should we be just fine knowing grandma is screaming in flames of fire?

Jude 1:7 Sodom and Gomorrah......suffered the punishment of ETERNAL FIRE. 

Those cities suffered the results of fire and brimstone.....destroyed eternally. The fires are not still burning but the cities are still gone.....forever. Im sure their smoke is still rising as a testimony.

In Christ only is eternal life. Those that have not Christ, have not eternal life.

Edited by ejected

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

It' s pretty simple.

Hell exists for people who still want to continue to do evil, eternally.

If they were in Heaven,they would try to cause harm to the other people there again, that' s the only reason why the Father cannot let them in.

"The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who DO evil."

"Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

His own children will ask God this separation with the prayer "deliver us from evil"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

There are three places in the Bible that is translated hell...….    to have a discussion on who made it we should define which of those places we are talking about.   The Berean Bible Society has a pretty decent article on the word.

https://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/hell-sheol-hades-paradise-and-the-grave/

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I agree that only by accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior, which then means a lifetime of fighting your sins, only these souls get the gift of eternal life. In my opinion those who reject God because they prefer the pleasures of this world don't get to be immortal. So again IMO these souls are destroyed in the 2nd death, although while in the first hell they do suffer. This is what the whole earthly life is about. God had to find a way to test souls before making them eternal. We aren't plants, it's easy enough to see a weed and separate it from wheat, but we have to be tested. I know that not everyone agrees with this. That's okay I needed an explanation for several puzzling questions and this is what the Lord put in my head. I didn't come to this conclusion quickly nor easily, it took decades of asking God. If I'm totally wrong I'm sure He will let me know. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, JTC said:

I agree that only by accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior, which then means a lifetime of fighting your sins, only these souls get the gift of eternal life. In my opinion those who reject God because they prefer the pleasures of this world don't get to be immortal. So again IMO these souls are destroyed in the 2nd death, although while in the first hell they do suffer. This is what the whole earthly life is about. God had to find a way to test souls before making them eternal. We aren't plants, it's easy enough to see a weed and separate it from wheat, but we have to be tested. I know that not everyone agrees with this. That's okay I needed an explanation for several puzzling questions and this is what the Lord put in my head. I didn't come to this conclusion quickly nor easily, it took decades of asking God. If I'm totally wrong I'm sure He will let me know. 

I don’t believe we need to “spend a life time of fighting sins,” Jesus already nailed my sins to the cross (1 Peter 3:18) and “It is finished.” (John 19:30). Only by the blood of the Lamb can we enter heaven and the New Jerusalem (Hebrews 10:19). No works or fighting sin will prevail (Colossians 2:23), only Christ Jesus and His sacrifice is sufficient to save us. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

“The righteous shall LIVE by FAITH”  not spend a lifetime “ fighting sins”.

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

If Jesus hadn't died for us no sins would be able to be forgiven, but He did die and so our sins can be forgiven. We're all going to commit sins even though we try not to everyday. But we have to keep struggling not to. That's why Paul calls life a race. In every single epistle every one of the apostles says we have to work on not sinning. Jesus stressed living without sins even more. I call this fighting not to sin. Call it what you want just be sure you try your best to not commit sins. This is nothing new.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

God DID  create hell …. for the devil and his angels. - Matthew 25:41

It's God's will that no human should go there.

• Ezekiel 18:23
  • 1 Timothy 2:4
  • 2 Peter 3:9
  • John 3:16
  • There are a multitude of scriptures that show that God is patient and merciful and give people more opportunity than they deserve.

But yet, the lost WILL go there. [Too many verses to count]

Why??

• Because they sinned "bigger sins" than those going to heaven?  No.
  • Because they sinned "too many sins"?  No.

Then why do people go to hell - a place of eternal separation and torment?

• Because they didn't accept God's gift of salvation - the blood of Jesus Christ to cleanse them of their sins.
  • Because they rejected God's sovereign rule and reign over their lives.

And finally, why is the torment eternal?

• Because God Almighty is holy.  He is infinite.  He is eternal.  The offense is eternal.  Ergo, the punishment is eternal.
  • Bringing harm and offense a holy God is not like any other offense to a fellow human being.
  • Once in hell, the lost person does not "turn to God" for mercy.  He/she is in their natural state for eternity.  Eternally the enemy of God

This is a very sobering thought, but it's true.

God goes to great links to bring salvation to people.

Salvation is 100% from God and God alone.  And yet, God gives man the final decision.  Accept Him, obey Him, love Him, live for Him....

….or live out eternity in that lost state, forever in opposition to God and His holiness.

• Thumbs Up 1