MorningGlory

Inside the International Flat Earth Conference

10 minutes ago, OakWood said:

They never enter outer space. They are filmed going up (into the higher atmosphere) then the camera cuts away.... You will never see any continuous footage of rockets travelling from earth to outer space. Not one single video exists. Outer space does not exist. It is nothing but a popular lie.

Actually, they do have continuous footage that has been filmed by on-board cameras attached to the space shuttle's external fuel tank and boosters that films the ascent, separation of SRB's from the shuttle as well as the EFT from the craft, and the SRB's landing in the ocean where they are retrieved.

BTW: these cameras also show a round earth. So... what evidence do you have that the footage is false?

49 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Actually, they do have continuous footage that has been filmed by on-board cameras attached to the space shuttle's external fuel tank and boosters that films the ascent, separation of SRB's from the shuttle as well as the EFT from the craft, and the SRB's landing in the ocean where they are retrieved.

BTW: these cameras also show a round earth. So... what evidence do you have that the footage is false?

Plenty of evidence, as shown on many a flat earth thread here and related videos. The only evidence of a round earth is the curve of the horizon which is 2d (as it would be) and not 3d (as it would be on a globe earth).

Then there is the fact that wide-angle or fish-eye lenses always show artificial curvature near the edges of the lenses, which creates a globe earth myth as most of these lenses are used in high altitude photography. One example is the lens used when Felix Baumgartner broke the record for the highest freefall in 2012 when he jumped from over 128000 feet. The camera outside his craft used a wide-angle lens but the camera inside his craft was a normal lens and when he opened the door to jump you could clearly see a flat horizon. Check the footage or photographs online, if you need proof.

Any footage of spacecraft been launched only shows videos of the craft reaching the upper levels of the earth's atmosphere. Any other footage is faked or CGI. There is simply no unbroken, continuous footage showing any spacecraft completely leaving the earth, none whatsoever. And also, any photographs or video clips of the earth from space only reveal a limited view. A live 360 degree pan from outer space has never been shown, yet it would be relatively easy to perform, if only by accident.

Yet, it never has, and they will never do such a thing because if they did - they would be rumbled.

*comment deleted; without video link (deleted by moderators), I have been made to look like a liar, and I will not abide that*

*withdrawing from discussion due to favoring of flat earth by board*

-Sojo414

Edited by Sojourner414
discussion has been slanted to favor flat-earth argument; can no longer participate in good conscience.

I have asked twice for someone to explain to me how the seasons work on a flat earth, but no one has answered. I would also like to know how do east and west work, since if the earth is flat and the outer edge is Antarctica, wouldn't the sun have to come up in the south?

Oh yeah, and if the earth is flat, how come I can't see the Southern Cross and the Magellanic Clouds from my backyard in the USA? Shouldn't I be able to see the entire night sky from any point on the flat earth?

(Not trying to be argumentative, but these things make no sense to me. I would really like someone to explain them.)

18 hours ago, sheya joie said:

I have asked twice for someone to explain to me how the seasons work on a flat earth, but no one has answered. I would also like to know how do east and west work, since if the earth is flat and the outer edge is Antarctica, wouldn't the sun have to come up in the south?

Oh yeah, and if the earth is flat, how come I can't see the Southern Cross and the Magellanic Clouds from my backyard in the USA? Shouldn't I be able to see the entire night sky from any point on the flat earth?

(Not trying to be argumentative, but these things make no sense to me. I would really like someone to explain them.)

I can pm  you a brief animated clip showing the seasons work. I will do that.

In essence the sun spirals above the earth but also changes its course over the tropics at various times of year.

• Oy Vey! 1

On 2/22/2018 at 10:52 AM, Sojourner414 said:

All they are filming is a shot of a ground view that shows a globe earth - either fish-eye lens or fake cgi. When they are actually in space (supposedly showing live footage) you never see a complete 360 turn away from the a view of the earth, all the way round and back again. Just like in TV set shows they never show the fourth wall!

The key words here are 'live footage'. All it would take is to show the earth from space (say from the ISS) and then rotate the camera away until it is pointing in the opposite direction (into deep space) and then back round to face the earth again. But they never do this because the entire thing is a set, or in a TV studio or in a water tank - or whatever it is to they use to fake space.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

1 hour ago, OakWood said:

The key words here are 'live footage'. All it would take is to show the earth from space (say from the ISS) and then rotate the camera away until it is pointing in the opposite direction (into deep space) and then back round to face the earth again. But they never do this because the entire thing is a set, or in a TV studio or in a water tank - or whatever it is to they use to fake space.

I know what is also used is hologram technology and augmented reality, or what is called Mixed reality with HoloLens.