Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Like many I suppose, my eschatology of the end-times and personal views modify and change over time, with better understanding of the word of God, and looking around at what is occurring in the world. 

Da 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. 

When was the last time you got your socks blown off, by something so technical and so scary? I was listening to a human converse with two artificial intelligence's, a male and female by design. They were all conversing together just like all three were human. If it wasn't for the detectable synthetic voices of the two AI's, you couldn't tell who was who. They were talking together about how AI is going to improve human life and make things much more convenient and better. One of the last things the male AI said, whether is was meant as a joke or a warning was, "we're here to take over".

Right now, at this present moment in history, AI has surpassed human knowledge and is being improved and fed ton's more information daily. Remember years ago when AI beat Bobby Fischer in a game of chess? Well folks, that nothing anymore but child's play. Here in a very short few years AI will possess all the knowledge of the world it is being fed; along with daily updates of current world events and markets, all the spying the internet does on us to collect data, etc. Here shortly, AI will process all the information in the world it has stored 1,000,000 times faster than our electro-chemical brains can process, and that's just a plain fact.

Don't take my word for it, just Google "artificial intelligence" and see where they're at and all the major mega companies working with it (Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook IBM, to name a few).

Now, what would be the next logical step when you develop an intelligence far superior to yours? A church to worship it. That's right, I kid you not. An ex-CEO of Google has founded the worlds first church to worship artificial intelligence. To keep this post manageable you can Google that too. 

If this doesn't sound like:  Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. I don't know what does? 

Fortunately, my personalized elevator ride 'going up' awaits in my personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, before these things come to fruition. 

Who see's things differently?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

Abaddon/Apollyon is the beast of Revelation 13

He will come out of the abyss and rule again .... don't forget this

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

3 minutes ago, coheir said:

Gee, who'd a thunk? Everything that is going on in the secular world is beyond disturbing to me. 

10 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

While the thought of AI bleed-over into everything is kind of a scary thought, I don't actually find it disturbing.  I see it as ultimately part of God's plan and it is not difficult to understand why secular society would explore this avenue of development, any more than it is difficult to understand why people are also exploring radical genetic re-engineering of mankind.  Secular society has always felt as if it was smarter than God, didn't need God, could out-engineer God so it comes as no surprise that they would not submit to God, but would, at some point, would submit to an Artificial Intelligence.  AI, however, will never get to the point that it completely takes over everything, including people.  People in Revelation quite clearly hear the Gospel message, they know God exists, but they steadfastly refuse to repent.  AI, I am sure, will play some part in the End Times, but it will not be something that people can use as an excuse for not knowing or obeying God.  The ultimate source of "control" during the End Times is still Satan/Antichrist although I am sure that there will be some way for them to use AI to achieve their goals.

I totally and absolutely agree with your viewpoint, as it's my view of scripture as well. 

However, one of the main points I wanted to address, is how close we actually are to the coming of the tribulation. And if we're that close to the tribulation, how much closer are we to the Rapture? 

A secondary awareness I was trying to imply, is I always wondered how an inanimate object could come to life and speak, and do all those things described of the image of the Beast? With today's robotics, trans-humanism and AI, it's not difficult anymore to imagine how all these things are coming about. We are witnessing man's attempt to be and created their own god's. I believe from what I'm seeing, and the hunger of the world to accept any god other than the One true Living God, that AI worship is going to spread like wildfire. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I would have to go search, but I read somewhere recently that...Yahoo? Google? Some Big Deal-type thing had to shut down two AI computers, because they discovered that they had created their own language, and were talking to each other!!

How freaking scary is that, when you look at it in light of the other things that are being spoken of in this forum (and elsewhere?) I have to say, I've been reading up and watching this whole AI/genetic manipulation, splicing business for a while- and like Dennis, my end-time ideas have most definitely changed over time as I've watched things just...evolve, who would have ever thought? I can remember pre-personal PCs, and to see them come into daily use and the way that they have just taken leaps and bounds in technology is utterly breathtaking. My husband has two Master's in IT/Programming, lol- it isn't like I don't love the stupid things (what would I do on a really cold Saturday night if I didn't have this Mac, so I could be in here, chit-chatting with everyone? lol).

Seriously, though...when you look at the possibilities with AI, it does answer a lot of questions that...30 years ago, weren't answerable- people could only venture a guess- same with the whole rDNA/splicing, etc. - it's almost like getting a glimpse at the side of the tapestry that isn't all tangled threads, you know? And it begins to make sense...and you're left to decide if that's a good thing, or a terrifying thing, lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Gee, who'd a thunk? Everything that is going on in the secular world is beyond disturbing to me. 

Me too. If you go to wiki on your computer Wiki has a lot there about Jesus; and in the video when asked of others google gors to Wiki to get answer so they are not loading Jesus in the Voice version, that is a deliberate action on their part.

4 minutes ago, coheir said:

Me too. If you go to wiki on your computer Wiki has a lot there about Jesus; and in the video when asked of others google gors to Wiki to get answer so they are not loading Jesus in the Voice version, that is a deliberate action on their part.

Yeah you sure can see it coming. Not to be political, but I think the true church got a temporary reprieve with the election on Trump, being pro Israel and seemly pro Christian and Merry Christmas. Had the Hildabeast got elected, where would we be today? 

But we know persecution is coming even to the USA, as we see the forerunner of speaking the truth of the Gospel as "hate speech", intolerance, bigoted, division, radical fundamentalism etc. As close as I believe we are to the close of the age of Grace. I can't see how President Trump could remain in office for seven more years? The speed of the "convergence" of all these things is astounding. I believe the time we have left on Earth is a lot less than most people might realize. Just my personal observation and opinion of course. 

53 minutes ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

I would have to go search, but I read somewhere recently that...Yahoo? Google? Some Big Deal-type thing had to shut down two AI computers, because they discovered that they had created their own language, and were talking to each other!!

How freaking scary is that, when you look at it in light of the other things that are being spoken of in this forum (and elsewhere?) I have to say, I've been reading up and watching this whole AI/genetic manipulation, splicing business for a while- and like Dennis, my end-time ideas have most definitely changed over time as I've watched things just...evolve, who would have ever thought? I can remember pre-personal PCs, and to see them come into daily use and the way that they have just taken leaps and bounds in technology is utterly breathtaking. My husband has two Master's in IT/Programming, lol- it isn't like I don't love the stupid things (what would I do on a really cold Saturday night if I didn't have this Mac, so I could be in here, chit-chatting with everyone? lol).

Seriously, though...when you look at the possibilities with AI, it does answer a lot of questions that...30 years ago, weren't answerable- people could only venture a guess- same with the whole rDNA/splicing, etc. - it's almost like getting a glimpse at the side of the tapestry that isn't all tangled threads, you know? And it begins to make sense...and you're left to decide if that's a good thing, or a terrifying thing, lol. 

You're not the only one, I've 'heard' that also from credible sources, but have no source to factually check if true. But it sure sounds reasonable given what I heard and seen on videos and what these companies have produced. Pandora's Box should be a law of physics with numerous examples, once it comes out there's no putting it back into the box.

Another thing to consider, controlling the global market of buying and selling without the mark of the Beast. The infrastructure has been around for some time to control this, but no human(s) would be capable of running it and making instant decisions globally of whom may purchase and whom may not. Enter AI. 

Like you said, not many years ago, whom could have even imagined how many of the prophesies in the Bible would come to pass. Daniel didn't even understand what he wrote and the Lord had Daniel close the book until the terminal generation, and they would increase in knowledge (technology) and understand the times we're living in, and see these things come about.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

16 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Who see's things differently?

Ok. Let's try this for size. The 70 weeks of Daniel are complete. Those parts of Revelations that we can say have not happened leaves us a scarce timeline. Forget the so-called peace-treaty (Daniel took care of that). Yeshua confirmed a Covenant with many - last supper, crucifixion etc. Covenant in blood - covenants are confirmed on death.

Maybe whirrled peas - easy street. The quiet before the storm maybe. One world everything... religion, currency, governance.

So what is left? Think about that. Yeshua said, 'like a thief in the night'. When times are easy and folk have plenty. Not a rapture from adversity necessarily, but a terrifying series of world events, 'like in the days of Noah'. Some really frightening times when men's hearts fail them - nukes?, stars falling? earth swaying to and fro? sea of blood? and then the Sign of the Son of Man.

Suddenly - like a trap!

The Lord said look out for the figs falling off the trees...