• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

Q:    Brother, can any compromise be possible with unbelieving kin, friends, colleagues?

A:    No, it can't, at least in the matters where our Faith is concerned.

No man can serve two masters… (Matthew 6:24)

Consider the following Matthew 7:21-23.

21 Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he that doeth the Will of My Father which is in Heaven.  22 Many will say to Me in that Day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy Name? and in Thy Name have cast out devils? and in Thy Name done many Wonderful Works?  23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.

Probably it's the most Fearful Scripture in all the Bible, as it arises the same question recorded in Matthew 19:25; Mark 10:26; Luke 18:26who then can be saved?

The Verse 21 is addressed to all Believers. Our Faith should be proven in many ways, including how it's standing against the evil of compromise – one of the most dangerous enemies to the Body of Christ.

The Verse 22 exhibits a negative example of some good-looking resume, which may quite impress anybody but GOD.

The Verse 23 – Warning of Judgment – addressed those who might have had their Christian TestimoniesRevelation Knowledge received, Prayers answered, Miracles happened, Spirit Battles won – that Precious part of every human experience. These Christians are called Apostles, Prophets, Bishops, Pastors, Teachers, &c., &c. Nevertheless, they remain human beings and, notwithstanding their Victories over the devil, should still be Vigilant against compromise, complacency, pride, lust, mammon and so on.

For it is impossible for those who were once Enlightened, and have tasted of the Heavenly Gift, and were made Partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the Good Word of GOD, and the Powers of the World to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto Repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of GOD afresh, and put Him to an open shame.  (Hebrews 6:4-6)

We are going to have to make our choice and pray GOD to give us the Right Words unto others to answer the first Question of GOD written down in the Holy Scriptures:

And GOD saw the Light that it was Good: and GOD divided the Light from the darkness... And the LORD GOD called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? (Genesis 1:4 & 3:9)

Behold, our Lord Himself demands the choice to be made and due steps were taken:

...These things saith the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the Creation of GOD; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My Mouth. (Revelation 3:14-16)

Scripture reference:

Exodus 23:2 (against crowds)

Proverbs 3:5 (mind)

Acts 5:29 (Obedience)

1Corinthians 10:21 (Church)

2Corinthians 6:14 (business)

Philippians 3:18-19 (lost Cross)

Hebrews 6:4-6; 10:26-29 (heavy cost)

James 4:7 (resist!)

1John 5:18 (ditto)

Conventionality is not morality. Self-righteousness is not religion. To attack the first is not to assail the last. To pluck the mask from the face of the Pharisee, is not to lift an impious hand to the Crown of Thorns. These things and deeds are diametrically opposed : they are as distinct as is vice from Virtue. Men too often confound them : they should not be confounded : appearance should not be mistaken for Truth ; narrow human doctrines, that only tend to elate and magnify a few, should not be substituted for the world-redeeming Creed of Christ. There is—I repeat it—a difference ; and it is a good, and not a bad action to mark broadly and clearly the line of separation between them.              

(Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre, Preface, xxxiv)

From Q & A book,

http://igor.worthyofpraise.org

Edited by Igor Evgen
format

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

ONWARD in the LORD , no compromise , LOVE CHRIST above all , ,mother father daughter wife ,all

and by that love which the Holy ghost sheds on our hearts we can then see clearly how to pull the mote out of the others eye.

BY USING JESUS sayings that we love so dear to correct .    Onward through the trenches , valleys and the hills

we shall soon enter the harshest persectuoin we have ever seen.   NO compromising , no fearing what man can do.

JUST onward in the LORD and rejoice IN THE LORD , REJOICE n the LORD people s.  

Brother Giller,

Have you never heard about ex-Christians who were Miracle-working Instruments of GOD, Church Leaders, Preachers, Teachers, etc., but fall away into the bog of sin thereafter? I have. And I believe, GOD could well foresee that evil. Our Spirit War is not about only parades but losses too, you know.

The Word never in Matthew 7:23, can also be quite understood as spoken by GOD the Creator of Time and well independent of the last.

Anyway, thanks for reading! Igor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

There is no compromise when it comes to salvation. Either you genuinely believe in Jesus Christ or you do not. You either go the heaven or you do not.

Brother Giller,

I stand where I stand. Let's avoid the unnecessary arguments and wait patiently for the Day of the LORD to get all the Clarifications we need, OK?

Thanks for your time. Igor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, Igor Evgen said:

Brother Giller,

I stand where I stand. Let's avoid the unnecessary arguments and wait patiently for the Day of the LORD to get all the Clarifications we need, OK?

Thanks for your time. Igor

I personally don't see any "unnecessary argument" here as Giller, like you, is stating that there were those who had followed the Lord, but turned away.  All I see Giller saying is that he sees a difference between never being known at all and not being known at that time.  After all, this is a discussion forum to discuss.