How to deal with mean in laws?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My mother in law for years have been so rude to me and very nasty she finds ways to belittle me and does it many times when no one sees. Example turn her back to me when speaking with her, if I give her anything she washes her hands immediately after, pretends like she doesn't understand what I am saying, and what annoys me some of my other in laws are doing it to. And worse part is I am pregnant. I feel as if some of my inlaws have such a hatred towards me that I am not even having a baby shower. I am having a small gathering after baby is born. 

I don't return offense with offense I just stay away from them and don't visit as often when I do I talk and communicate cArefully. I feel like I am truly wrestling with a spirit. I have done nothing to these people. I am happy for this experience though because I have a toddler and I believe God is showing me not to trust my toddler around them nor my baby once I give birth.

What should I do different I pray about this often. Some of my inlaws treat me like I am scum and I do not trust them with my kids. And my husband has poor judgment and doesn't believe me so I no longer trust him to bring my kids there by himself. help!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Lizam said:

My mother in law for years have been so rude to me and very nasty she finds ways to belittle me and does it many times when no one sees. Example turn her back to me when speaking with her, if I give her anything she washes her hands immediately after, pretends like she doesn't understand what I am saying, and what annoys me some of my other in laws are doing it to. And worse part is I am pregnant. I feel as if some of my inlaws have such a hatred towards me that I am not even having a baby shower. I am having a small gathering after baby is born. 

I don't return offense with offense I just stay away from them and don't visit as often when I do I talk and communicate cArefully. I feel like I am truly wrestling with a spirit. I have done nothing to these people. I am happy for this experience though because I have a toddler and I believe God is showing me not to trust my toddler around them nor my baby once I give birth.

What should I do different I pray about this often. Some of my inlaws treat me like I am scum and I do not trust them with my kids. And my husband has poor judgment and doesn't believe me so I no longer trust him to bring my kids there by himself. help!

So you have a toxic MIL. Have you sat down with them and had an honest talk about how you feel? Get it out in the open. It is too bad that your husband does not support you because if he did it would make it much easier. If he respected you he would not allow his mother to treat you the way she does. You could put your foot down and have boundaries regarding this situation after you have spoken to them in as kind of a way as possible. You could tell your husband that you refuse to have contact with them until they treat you in a more respectful manner. Pray to God and ask Him to guide and direct you in this.

• Thanks 1