• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/21/2002

What is life? People talk about being successful and find happiness in life, but in the end, everyone is going to end going through the same place: death. So what is the actual purpose of our existence here?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

14 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

What is life? 

Life is not so much a what, the real answer is to the question who is life?

John 14:6  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

16 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

People talk about being successful and find happiness in life, but in the end, everyone is going to end going through the same place: death.

Now there is a good question, how do you define success?  Happiness is a state of mind, a person can choose to be happy or choose to be miserable, but either is a choice.  As for everyone ending up dead, yes, in the physical form our bodies will eventually die, but that is just the beginning.

Revelation 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

23 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

So what is the actual purpose of our existence here?

Proverbs 19:21  Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 hours ago, FallenAngel said:

People talk about being successful and find happiness in life, but in the end, everyone is going to end going through the same place: death.

Death. It does not take much time to find out that this world is broken: it has plagues, diseases, pests, and all kinds of evil people, and finally death.

In a perfect world nothing of these things should exist, but since this world is not perfect (i.e. full of sins and transgressions) then death is present as well.

It all started in Garden of Eden, when Adam & Eve were deceived and break the commandment God gave to them, by eating of the forbidden fruit:

"And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;
but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”" - Genesis 2:16-17

And from that point, we all sinners, and have broken all laws of God, and as a consequence we all do things that displease Him: hate, bitterness, selfishness, fornication, lies, and all kinds of immorality.

Then we are all sinners, who deserve a punishment for all of our evil deeds.

But God showed His love and mercy by sending His Son - the Lord Jesus Christ to fulfill the law of God, and to offer Him as a sacrifice for our sins so we could all be reconciled back to God and could live with Him in heaven forever: To go back home.

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." - John 15:13

"And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me." - John 12:45

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me." - John 6:38

As the Lord Jesus was buried and resurrected on the 3rd day, all who believe in Him will also resurrect and live together with Him, forever.

"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death,
that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father,
even so we also should walk in newness of life." - Romans 6:4

God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. And He wishes that we all walk in the light as well.

"to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God,
that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me." - Acts 26:18

The Lord loves us so much, and it is so amazing what He has been doing in my life... It is an amazing experience, we have a merciful Father in heaven, and I hope you decide to go back home with us too.

The Lord Jesus is calling you, and He says: Come to me! All you have to do is to go.

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." - Matthew 11:28-29

Blessings to you, in Jesus' name!

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

8 hours ago, FallenAngel said:

What is life? People talk about being successful and find happiness in life, but in the end, everyone is going to end going through the same place: death. So what is the actual purpose of our existence here?

Hi Alinnah! :D

That is a good question.  This whole earth was created by God for one purpose and that was for man.  And you know what God said?  "It was good."  Even if you had been the only one, God lovingly prepared this earth for you.... like new parents preparing a nursery for the birth of their newborn baby.

We exist because He wanted to shower His love upon us, have a loving relationship with us, not that He needed us.  Our lives are to glorify the Living God.  Look at everything around you, the beautiful sky, the trees, the beautiful flowers, the cute animals, all praise our Creator God. 

He wants us to come and live with Him after we die.... everyone like you said have to die but we who believe and have received Jesus as our Lord and Savior will not go through the second death.  Jesus said, that He is preparing mansions for us!  But God is Holy, He cannot have any sin or evil in His presence.  But our loving Father knew we couldn't save our selves from His justice over sin so Jesus took that penalty. 

Alinnah, you are so precious to Jesus!  He wants to just wrap you up in His arms and carry you through your hardships and trials.  Jesus never condemns but leads us into righteousness through repentance. We need a Savior.  That big hole in your heart can only be filled by Jesus.  And He accepts you just as you are, you don't need to get "cleaned up" before you approach Him,  that's His job.  I encourage you to get out a Bible and start reading.  Read it so that you can see if what we say about God is true.  The Bible is the love story from Genesis to Revelation of God for us humans. 

My happiness here in my life now at this stage in my life is pointing people to Jesus!  I just want to shout it so loud that Jesus is Lord and He loves you and me and is SOOOOOOO GOOOD! :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

Hi Angel,

Nothing in this life can give you Peace without GOD. Even so,

Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near...  (Isaiah 55:6)

GOD bless you.

Igor

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

9 hours ago, FallenAngel said:

Life as we know it, is a story. History is His story - God's story.

You have a part in His story, we all do. If you were to read the Bible, it will give you the accounts of people who have had personal contact with God. Each little part added down through all of recorded history is a revelation showing us what God is up to...and yes, what life is all about.

You may have heard the part about where He said, "Let there be light"...well, that's the beginning of our story, like a movie: "Lights, camera, action." Seriously, it's more like a move than you can imagine. He even goes on to say, we are all like an image - He created us in His image.

What makes it a story and not something more than that, is He says that it was all written "before the foundation of the world." He goes on to say that all this is just a manifestation...which means like, made up, like He as much as says it's not the real thing. Which begs the question, If this is not the real thing - what is?

Well, what you come to find out, is - God is what is real...and life is about Him offering us to be real too - no death, but to live forever! The details are a long drawn out tale of how He made the first person who multiplied into millions of people, and how He chose a group of people to reveal just how things work to, a little bit at a time, until finally close to the end everything would be known. So, he finally sends His Son to make a way for us to escape all the limits and pain and death of the world, and not just be born like an image in a movie that dies when the lights go out, but how to be born of the very thing that God is made of which is what is really real - and the coolest part is, all you have to do is do a little investigation into the truth that He has made known down through the ages to see that it is all true - believe it...and you will be born again on the inside - and live forever!

That's what the Bible is, it's your homework, your ticket out...and the story of what life is all about.

Oh, and your part in the story - you get to help write it.

Enjoy!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

As Ecclesiastes says, to serve the lord with gladness.

The teacher in Ecclesiastes tried to find a meaning to life outside of God, he failed because everything that we do on this earth, when it's for our sake is utterly meaningless, as it all ends in death, none of it really matters. 

Essentially it's the story of Sisyphus who had to roll a boulder up a hill only to see it roll back down again, that is man's lot outside of God.

God is the gambit that changes all of that, because there is retention to ours works beyond life through his son, so the teacher in Ecclesiastes ultimately found that God was the only one that added any meaning to life.  

There was a cool little picture that I saw not too long ago that illustrated this point well. While Sisyphus was taking a break, there was a Christian cross holding the boulder up. I wish I had saved that picture as it was quite profound. 

Humans are happiest when they are in a hierarchy, with a functional family inside of the body of God. God is that essence of being a part of something "larger than yourself" which people often say is very integral to happiness, we are as limbs, as toes, as fingernails to his body, and he is our head. 

Edited by secretopossumcabal
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Being reconciled to God will give us peace in our hearts and lives.

Ask for forgiveness, believe on Christ as your Savior, and you will find that peace.  As you read the Bible, you will learn to walk with the Lord.   Also, pray...talk to the Lord about anything, He will help you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

15 hours ago, FallenAngel said:

You ask two different questions: What is life and What is the purpose of our existence.

Life is what was given to us from God, found in every second we are alive.  What we do with this life will answer your second question.

For some, their purpose is to gain all the world at the loss of their soul.  To others, it is giving of themselves in service to others.  To some, it is to seek happiness, even if it is for just a minute, in all they find pleasing to the flesh. The list goes on, depending on who you ask.

For me, my purpose is to know God the best I can with His help.  I believe He created me for a purpose, and if I humble myself in Him by allowing Him to work in and through me with His Spirit, then I am fulfilling my purpose.

Yes, everyone dies at some point.  Yet, not all believe there is still life in the spirit after death.  Only the body dies, the spirit lives on.  What we do as our purpose in this life will determine what happens to our spirit after our body dies.  We are given just so many days, hours or minutes to decide.  We never know when our time here will be up, so procrastination is not the answer.  Seek Him today while you still can.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1