4LdKHVCzRDj2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

What happens to a barren tree? The people did leaf...

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Bearing fruit is a result of true repentance which is not preached supposedly enough in these churches so I've been reading.

As a reborn Christian (9/5/17), my life has changed (in a moral sense) and Im striving to love more, eliminate lust, ect. Trying to bear more quantity and quality fruit.

Good post. God Bless

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

29 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

But often, those things that most concern us are simply symptoms of lack of spiritual growth and maturity.

Exactly. People often complain about so many things in their lives, why isn't it like this or like that... When their focus should simply be in Christ.

And people start saying: "Why my life is like this. Nothing works for me".

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:6-7

Well, just by the way they are talking you can see what is wrong.

I just hope people do not need to lose an arm, a leg, or both all together to learn what really matters in this life.

"But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her." - Luke 10:42

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
    Fear God and keep His commandments,
    For this is man’s all.
    For God will bring every work into judgment,
    Including every secret thing,
    Whether good or evil." - Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." - Galatians 6:9

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

There is a hidden movement going on: Unfruitful Christians' movement. I do not know if you have noticed.

It is composed by Christians who do not have any pleasure or interest to cultivate the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." - Matthew 7:19

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." - James 2:26

They usually have very deceiving excuses to justify their pleasure to please Satan.

Yes, they are pleasing Satan because if they're not pleasing God then who are they pleasing?

There is no middle, or you please Satan or you please God. Then if you are not pleasing God you are automatically pleasing Satan and vice-versa.

"But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one." - Matthew 5:37

But why this bothers me so much?! Because it hurts and discourages people in the faith, and give place to Satan to deceive them.

People, and I say people who are supposedly in the faith, I am not talking about ungodly people who are in the world.

They have many excuses ready whenever they are rebuked for their unchristian behavior: hate, bitterness, unkindness, envy, lies, etc.

One of the most common is: "I am not perfect. That is why Jesus paid for my sins because I am unworthy".

"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death,
that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father,
even so we also should walk in newness of life." - Romans 6:4

OK, my friend... But is that what He is really expecting?! Or you're just deceived by Satan?!

Because it is in those things that Satan rejoices, you hurt others in every way by using the excuse of: "I am not perfect. That is why Jesus paid for my sins because I am unworthy".

Or will you say to me: "But the Lord understands me. He knows my heart".

Yes, He knows your heart and He is seeing what is coming out of it as well. Do not be deceived.

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the
evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks." - Luke 6:45

"Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen." - Hebrews 13:20-21

To use the excuse: "Jesus paid for my sins, then I'm going to please Him in every way I can by putting in practice all He taught us".

To do what is good and honorable in His sight no one wants then?!

I still remember when I started following Jesus about 1 year ago, I was so happy, so animated, so full of life and love...

But I have noticed I have been declining since then, then something warned me of this in my heart...

That I should seek to be like when I started, and always seeking to improve, and not to find excuses to quench the Spirit.

Do not be deceived, to think like this: "I am not perfect. Jesus paid for it then I can live hurting others in every way and they have to understand me".

It is a result of a proud heart, and definitely it is bad because the person is content in working against the Lord Jesus Christ - who died for them and rose again.

Jesus said that we should love one another, when we find excuses to harm others and to do what is unpleasing to Him we are not loving others, and much less Him.

"We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." - 1 John 3:14

The way of pride is not good and it blinds ourselves... Then humble yourself and seek to be a better person daily, if indeed you love the Lord Jesus.

Because that is what He wants, that we humble ourselves daily before Him, and to seek to be better and not worse than we have started.

"But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”" - Matthew 9:13

"Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:4

But I see many goes the opposite way and go prideful and just please Satan with excuses, by harming others. And the Lord Jesus becomes distant in their lives.

And not only that, when people in the world see it they just compare and say: "Why would I be like them, there is no difference".

And when there is no difference between the godly and the ungodly... Then it means all became ungodly. What a sad destiny, isn't it?!

"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad." - Matthew 12:30

What the Lord Jesus has said?! What should we imitate?!

"Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God." - 3 John 11

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." - John 13:34

"By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples." - John 15:8

He said that we should love our enemies... Then how much more we should love our brothers and sisters in the faith?!

"But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return;
and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High.
For He is kind to the unthankful and evil." - Luke 6:35

You see, He is kind to the unthankful and evil...

And there are people who are supposedly in the faith who are not even seeking to be kind with their brothers and sisters.

Then, my beloved, let us not seek to find excuses to harm one another...

But let us find reasons to love one another, and we have many more reasons to do that. Don't you think so?!

"and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again." - 2 Corinthians 5:15

"And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”" - 1 Peter 4:8

It is really sad when we see people in the faith dishonoring the Lord Jesus Christ on purpose and using excuses that - in reality - does not excuse anything.

"My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you,
I would like to be present with you now and to change my tone; for I have doubts about you." - Galatians 4:19-20

And it is for our shame that I write this, because I see people blind by pride and does not seek to cultivate the good fruits of the Holy Spirit.

"Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.
Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works,
or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place - unless you repent." - Revelation 2:4-5

But for you who are reading this and really loves the Lord Jesus Christ, just continue in this good path, with sincerity and love - this pleases the Lord.

And you are not wrong, but you are serving as a good example... Do not let Satan deceive you that you should be like those people, we should all seek to be like the Lord Jesus is.

And soon we all will be together with Him.

"And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." - 1 John 3:3

But for you who still insists in finding excuses for your devil like behavior... Because is tired from work, tired from family, tired from everything and does not stop complaining.

Then I strongly suggest you decide what is more important to you. Because many have deviated from Truth due to the cares of this world.

"and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful." - Mark 4:19

Make a choice in your heart and decide for yourself who you are going to love: Satan or Jesus. Because no one can serve nor love both.

"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?" - 2 Corinthians 6:14

And...

"If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. O Lord, come!" - 1 Corinthians 16:22

Glory to God! Amen.

ONWARD in the LORD my friend of many letters.    Yes this was good to hear .    praise the LORD peoples , praise the LORD and lift those hands and just praise the LORD>

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

A lot of very good warnings, 4Ld.   Should cause some to think. Or maybe get saved.

3 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." - Matthew 7:19

3 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

It is composed by Christians who do not have any pleasure or interest to cultivate the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Several very good methods posted above, on how we can produce fruit. My problem is, I cannot. However,
Joh 15:4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Abide; to stay in a given place, dwell, continue, remain, endure, pitch a tent, tabernacle. If I cannot do this, I cannot bear fruit.
Joh 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
So I CAN bear much fruit, but only IF I have been grafter on. A branch by itself bears nothing! A branch grafted on the True vine can bear fruit only IF it abides, as the true vine is Jesus the Christ, and ALL spiritual nutrients flow through the vine into the EMPTY (of self) branch. I live, but not I, but CHRIST in me! The Father (the husbandman-vine tender) will purge/prune me, cutting off all the unnecessary growth, so there will be more nutrients going to the fruit, and very little used for the branch. (More fruit, less me)              

Joh 15:1  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

The fifteenth chapter Of John is a lesson about fruit bearing, not salvation. The second verse says: "Every branch IN me". Both fruit-bearing and non fruit bearing branches are in the True Vine, Christ.  Maybe all did bear fruit in the beginning, I do not have evidence, yet, either way.   Non believers do not get grafted into Jesus.  As to salvation, this what I personally believe. Though the fruit will bless all those receiving, and give great witness to the Vine, the purpose;
Joh 15:8  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
To glorify The Father. When the vine tender sees the branches, He tends them lovingly. But seeing one  continually not bearing fruit, he cuts it off. It was in the Living Vine, God said so. It was part of the Living Vine, but little or no fruit. Worthless, using up nutrients from fruit producing branches. Cast into the fire.
Perhaps you remember this one........
Faith without works is dead....Are your works plentiful, or minimal, or sorta nonexistent?
Branches without fruit ????  I don't know at what point God decides to remove that branch, but He does. Count the cost. I believe some, perhaps many, will enter the presence of God, as by fire. No crowns, no works.

1Co_3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
All that works/fruit done in the flesh, will be burned. Wood, hay, stubble. Not what God wants in heaven.
Just a  few years after salvation, I was struggling, and desperate to do all God's will. I realized I couldn't. No way. And then, like a breath of fresh air, I knew God had said to me "That's right, son, YOU can't, but IN Christ, you CAN do all things."  Abide....stay in a given place, dwell, continue, remain, endure, pitch a tent, tabernacle.

I realized all those "good works" I thought I had been doing were mostly for my ego, my sense of worth. the pat on the back. Look at me. Listen to me. That is the dead works that will burn going through the  furnace before heaven. When I abide, it's no longer I, but Christ who dwells in me. I am a new creature.

Pro 16:9  A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

10 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I still remember when I started following Jesus about 1 year ago, I was so happy, so animated, so full of life and love...

But I have noticed I have been declining since then, then something warned me of this in my heart...

That I should seek to be like when I started, and always seeking to improve, and not to find excuses to quench the Spirit.

Your first love. I understand, I've been there. But it has usually been when I try so very hard, but leaning to MY OWN understanding. My way.  Forgetting to acknowledge my Lord, my Rock, my fortress, my strength, my God. I think your focus has been too much on the lack in others. I have similar problems. But, God holds me responsible for what I do. Or don't do. I try to focus on how marvelously blessed I am, and how merciful is my God.

Psa 48:14  For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

Psa 31:24  Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Psa 27:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

God is still on the Throne! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

There is a hidden movement going on: Unfruitful Christians' movement. I do not know if you have noticed.

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." - James 2:26

They usually have very deceiving excuses to justify their pleasure to please Satan.

Yes, they are pleasing Satan because if they're not pleasing God then who are they pleasing?

There is no middle, or you please Satan or you please God. Then if you are not pleasing God you are automatically pleasing Satan and vice-versa.

"But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one." - Matthew 5:37

But why this bothers me so much?! Because it hurts and discourages people in the faith, and give place to Satan to deceive them.

People, and I say people who are supposedly in the faith, I am not talking about ungodly people who are in the world.

They have many excuses ready whenever they are rebuked for their unchristian behavior: hate, bitterness, unkindness, envy, lies, etc.

One of the most common is: "I am not perfect. That is why Jesus paid for my sins because I am unworthy".

"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death,
that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father,
even so we also should walk in newness of life." - Romans 6:4

OK, my friend... But is that what He is really expecting?! Or you're just deceived by Satan?!

Because it is in those things that Satan rejoices, you hurt others in every way by using the excuse of: "I am not perfect. That is why Jesus paid for my sins because I am unworthy".

Or will you say to me: "But the Lord understands me. He knows my heart".

Yes, He knows your heart and He is seeing what is coming out of it as well. Do not be deceived.

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the
evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks." - Luke 6:45

"Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen." - Hebrews 13:20-21

To use the excuse: "Jesus paid for my sins, then I'm going to please Him in every way I can by putting in practice all He taught us".

To do what is good and honorable in His sight no one wants then?!

Do not be deceived, to think like this: "I am not perfect. Jesus paid for it then I can live hurting others in every way and they have to understand me".

It is a result of a proud heart, and definitely it is bad because the person is content in working against the Lord Jesus Christ - who died for them and rose again.

Jesus said that we should love one another, when we find excuses to harm others and to do what is unpleasing to Him we are not loving others, and much less Him.

"We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." - 1 John 3:14

The way of pride is not good and it blinds ourselves... Then humble yourself and seek to be a better person daily, if indeed you love the Lord Jesus.

Because that is what He wants, that we humble ourselves daily before Him, and to seek to be better and not worse than we have started.

"But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”" - Matthew 9:13

"Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:4

But I see many goes the opposite way and go prideful and just please Satan with excuses, by harming others. And the Lord Jesus becomes distant in their lives.

And not only that, when people in the world see it they just compare and say: "Why would I be like them, there is no difference".

And when there is no difference between the godly and the ungodly... Then it means all became ungodly. What a sad destiny, isn't it?!

"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad." - Matthew 12:30

What the Lord Jesus has said?! What should we imitate?!

"Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God." - 3 John 11

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." - John 13:34

"By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples." - John 15:8

He said that we should love our enemies... Then how much more we should love our brothers and sisters in the faith?!

"But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return;
and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High.
For He is kind to the unthankful and evil." - Luke 6:35

You see, He is kind to the unthankful and evil...

And there are people who are supposedly in the faith who are not even seeking to be kind with their brothers and sisters.

Then, my beloved, let us not seek to find excuses to harm one another...

But let us find reasons to love one another, and we have many more reasons to do that. Don't you think so?!

"and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again." - 2 Corinthians 5:15

"And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”" - 1 Peter 4:8

It is really sad when we see people in the faith dishonoring the Lord Jesus Christ on purpose and using excuses that - in reality - does not excuse anything.

"My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you,
I would like to be present with you now and to change my tone; for I have doubts about you." - Galatians 4:19-20

And it is for our shame that I write this, because I see people blind by pride and does not seek to cultivate the good fruits of the Holy Spirit.

"Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.
Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works,
or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place - unless you repent." - Revelation 2:4-5

But for you who are reading this and really loves the Lord Jesus Christ, just continue in this good path, with sincerity and love - this pleases the Lord.

And you are not wrong, but you are serving as a good example... Do not let Satan deceive you that you should be like those people, we should all seek to be like the Lord Jesus is.

And soon we all will be together with Him.

"And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." - 1 John 3:3

But for you who still insists in finding excuses for your devil like behavior... Because is tired from work, tired from family, tired from everything and does not stop complaining.

Then I strongly suggest you decide what is more important to you. Because many have deviated from Truth due to the cares of this world.

"and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful." - Mark 4:19

Make a choice in your heart and decide for yourself who you are going to love: Satan or Jesus. Because no one can serve nor love both.

"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?" - 2 Corinthians 6:14

And...

"If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. O Lord, come!" - 1 Corinthians 16:22

Glory to God! Amen.

I would really not label them as "Christians".

• Brilliant! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I operate on the principle of trying to grow my own fruit, not concerning myself with the fruits of others.  That's a judgment call and, as such, is the purview of God alone.  Didn't He tell us to remove the plank from our own eye first?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

My friend of many letters.   IGNORE the hate .     To try and do anything to warn , correct ,   its just not received by some .

And they know who they are .   

Some would rather talk about BLOWING PEOPLE away with GUNS , ya know self defense .  They can sit and talk about KILLING

but oh dear they hate this stuff.   YEAH , pay them no mind.  

• Thumbs Up 2