• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

This is utterly false doctrine, I repudiate it to the pit where it came from.  Deceptive, deceiving....all for the purpose of rendering the church of Christ Jesus powerless.  Jesus is ALIVE, not dead, why do you think blood and water poured out of His side, why do you think He went to the Father, otherwise He could have just stayed on earth.  But He poured out His Spirit.....and He speaks today, His sheep know His voice, I have heard it.....and He does miracles today, I have seen it.  You are trampling His sacrifice and I will not hear it........we have nothing to talk about.

You will find some here that believe the gifts of the Spirit have ended at some time in the past.  Others say some of the gifts have ended, while others are still active.  There are others who believe the gifts of the Spirit are still active today.  I am of the latter but realize that not all who claim to have a specific gift actually have a gift.  Their desire to have such a gift manifested in them acting like they do, while they do not.  Tongues and Prophesy are at the top of this list as neither can be proven at the time of usage.  I have personally heard many use false tongues and profess false prophecies.

Let the Spirit confirm within you if a gift is real or not.  He will teach you only the truth.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The method The Holy Spirit uses 'IS' the closed canon of Scriptures... for it fulfills the promise of Jesus here
John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. KJV

understanding this "he shall teach you all things" takes us to this 
John 16:13-16
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
KJV

this being fulfilled in the book of Revelation taking us all the way to the end of that which first began (the creation)->it's total destuction and into the eternal state... 
Then the great seal upon the prophetic Word so that everyone knows the objective truth of God's Written Word >as a foundation< for life now even unto then...

How often have you heard me say READ ONLY THE BIBLE.    lots .

SO lets read it .    Yall were taught by MEN , not the bible that the gifts or certain gifts ended.     The bible never taught that ,  men did.

Men who did not have gifts present due to ,  how did JESUS word it ............oh yeah he could NOT HEAL their because of their UNBELIEF.

men began to ponder when they saw no gifts , why this was the case.    SO they began to teach certain gifts MUST have ended and they made up doctrine to fit that .

THAT is what happened.   The gifts were for the building up and edification of the church.     WHY on earth would that have ceased.  IT WOULD NOT HAVE

men taught that cause they were not following GOD in heart , they were not seeing the operation of the SPIRIT among them.  

SO they invented whatever they had to , to make their mind feel at ease .   MAN taught this .   MAN DID.   and as some of us here say...........WE DO GOTTA test

everything men teach or say against bible doctrine .  I have found that even some who say this .............DONT do IT .  

And yes I know most in those crowds are false  .  I SEE THAT .   but what I would never , ever want to do ..........is blasphemy the work of the Spirit

WHEN IT IS the WORK OF THE SPIRIT .   that is terrifying to even think of .    We should be able to discern the true from the false .   IF we cant

then at least don't put everyone in one boat .  Examine what is said and see if it agrees WITH THE BIBLE TRUTH .   but don't just assume everything , gift

operation , is all evil now .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

It interests me that the few disreputable churches that have seemed to muddy the waters for all time are so often alluded to. As if they are some UN-holy grail of UN-blessings that all much be judged by. Why even bring up these blots on our love feasts?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

This is utterly false doctrine, I repudiate it to the pit where it came from.  Deceptive, deceiving....all for the purpose of rendering the church of Christ Jesus powerless.  Jesus is ALIVE, not dead, why do you think blood and water poured out of His side, why do you think He went to the Father, otherwise He could have just stayed on earth.  But He poured out His Spirit.....and He speaks today, His sheep know His voice, I have heard it.....and He does miracles today, I have seen it.  You are trampling His sacrifice and I will not hear it........we have nothing to talk about.

Seeing how my mention was only of a closed canon not anything about miracles so clearly this post must be for someone else :24: 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Paul even said................despise NOT prophesying

People are so resistant to prophecy nowadays because of Satan... Remember, prophecies can be used to edify the church.

"He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church." - 1 Corinthians 14:4

When most people are simply deceived by Satan in not believing of anything they say...

Those people would simply ignore the words from the Lord given through the prophet, and they will not believe, and the consequences can be devastating.

I remind you: Satan does not play.

People often say that, if any prophet speak, and that it does not happen perfectly, or does not happen at all... Then it means that one is a false prophet (in NT), which can be a precipitated judgement. In the OT, they could not simply say what they wanted or they would die, this is the directly out of the flesh and the prophet has full conscience that it is not speaking what God told them to.

"But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die." - Deuteronomy 18:20

Remember, we are not in the OT times... where mistakes are punished with death.

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." - Romans 8:2

And if any prophet speaks with full conscience that it is not from God, then it is a serious mistake, I see no reason for a genuine believer to do this. But the true ones can also "speak too much", but their consciences are willing to speak with sincerity.

"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith" - Romans 12:6

Glory to God! Amen.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

How often have you heard me say READ ONLY THE BIBLE.    lots .

SO lets read it .    Yall were taught by MEN , not the bible that the gifts or certain gifts ended.     The bible never taught that ,  men did.

Men who did not have gifts present due to ,  how did JESUS word it ............oh yeah he could NOT HEAL their because of their UNBELIEF.

men began to ponder when they saw no gifts , why this was the case.    SO they began to teach certain gifts MUST have ended and they made up doctrine to fit that .

THAT is what happened.   The gifts were for the building up and edification of the church.     WHY on earth would that have ceased.  IT WOULD NOT HAVE

men taught that cause they were not following GOD in heart , they were not seeing the operation of the SPIRIT among them.  

SO they invented whatever they had to , to make their mind feel at ease .   MAN taught this .   MAN DID.   and as some of us here say...........WE DO GOTTA test

everything men teach or say against bible doctrine .  I have found that even some who say this .............DONT do IT .  

And yes I know most in those crowds are false  .  I SEE THAT .   but what I would never , ever want to do ..........is blasphemy the work of the Spirit

WHEN IT IS the WORK OF THE SPIRIT .   that is terrifying to even think of .    We should be able to discern the true from the false .   IF we cant

then at least don't put everyone in one boat .  Examine what is said and see if it agrees WITH THE BIBLE TRUTH .   but don't just assume everything , gift

operation , is all evil now .

My post was about a closed canon of Scripture ... all this is preloaded and not even addressing the subject of my post. :24:  I've seen ya do the Bible the same way...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

There is no counterfeiting the real deal. No way!

Yes, there is more counterfeit than there is "the real deal",  every day.

That's how bg deceived so many, and all those preachers before him and after him with him. (catholic and otherwise)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Oh, so you're a cessationist then Shiloh....?  I didn't quite realize where you were coming from before.  Jesus said the Holy Spirit would speak what He heard from the Father and that He would show us things to come.  It is not adding to the word of God, but guiding, comforting, edifying, helping, informing etc.  And spiritual gifts are all over the epistles.  You do know that the Holy Spirit is called the Comforter, Helper, Paraclete....?  Not just in theory, but in practice.   Anyway I will leave you to the Lord on that, it doesn't look like we have much to talk about........your position is a form of apostasy.

No, my position isn't a form of apostasy.   Before you use big words like "apostasy"  you should look them up and know they mean, first.   You clearly don't have a clue what apostasy is.

Yes, the Holy Spirit speaks to us and he does so through the Word of God.

If you are going to trust in dreams and visions, we don't have much to talk about, that's true.  You can depend on dreams.   I will trust God's Holy Word, 'cause that's what Christians do.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Was The Revelations written and included in the NT 'collection' before or after the Fall of Jerusalem??

The Apocalypse was written before , obviously,  but when it was first considered included by the ekklesia of God I don't know.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The Apocalypse was written before , obviously,  but when it was first considered included by the ekklesia of God I don't know.

Yes. That is what I was really getting at I guess. And the warning at the end of the book, biblical scholars have determined that, a) it was added later or, b) its addition was only meant to point to the book it was contained in. It is unlikely it meant anything towards any of the other epistles since they were not yet all collected at that time, and Saul's ideal about all scripture being of benefit etc., did not include The Revelations, though in hindsight I am sure he would have agreed with that sentiment. Saul taught mostly from the Torah, so that was his main thought in regards to the benefits of scripture.