Question

the bible commonly says in hell there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.... but nowhere claims the punishment will be unbearable, as fanatics like to say.  so what is the biblical definition of hell

24 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Scripture teaches that the people who knew each other on Earth and end up in Hell will know each other there. 

"For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but THEN shall I know even as I am known" (1 Cor. 13:12). 

We are told in 1 Cor. 15:25-58. and Phil. 3:2021, that every person will be resurrected with the same kind of body that was sown in the ground and every person will have "his own body"; so naturally if we know each other here we shall know each other in Heaven or Hell. In Luke 16:19:31, the rich man while in Hell knew Lazarus; so will anyone else know whomever he sees whom he knew on Earth.

All good points Hazard.  In your opinion, would you say that hell would be unbearable?  I can't understand why feeling that way would make you a fanatic?  For someone to say that, it almost looks like they are considering going there.  

Hell will be the most unbearable place and was created for the devil and his angles and also his followers from the human race.

I don't understand this comment of yours? I have no desire or intention of ending up there.

"

I can't understand why feeling that way would make you a fanatic?  For someone to say that, it almost looks like they are considering going there."

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Hell will be the most unbearable place and was created for the devil and his angles and also his followers from the human race.

I don't understand this comment of yours? I have no desire or intention of ending up there.

Why would anyone ask if it will be unbearable, and then say fanatics are the ones that teach it is?  I am referring to the OP. 

"The Bible commonly says in hell there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth....but nowhere claims the punishment will be unbearable, AS FANATICS LIKE TO SAY.  so what is the Biblical definition of hell?" 

To me, weeping and gnashing of teeth seems unbearable.  

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

Why would anyone ask if it will be unbearable, and then say fanatics are the ones that teach it is?  I am referring to the OP. 

"The Bible commonly says in hell there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth....but nowhere claims the punishment will be unbearable, AS FANATICS LIKE TO SAY.  so what is the Biblical definition of hell?" 

To me, weeping and gnashing of teeth seems unbearable.  

I agree :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1