Does Sheol/Hades still exist?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I was reading this thing recently that said all of the wicked dead currently exist on the one end of Sheol that is a place of torment, and the other side that was made for the righteous dead has been empty since Christ's death and resurrection. All the wicked dead go to Sheol to await the White Throne, and only THEN will they be sent into the lake of fire.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

There is quite a lot of disinformation around regarding this subject. I suggest you listen to a few of Michael Heiser's videos to get a better Hebraic and Mesopotamian feel for this.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

9 hours ago, GreyDestiny said:

I was reading this thing recently that said all of the wicked dead currently exist on the one end of Sheol that is a place of torment, and the other side that was made for the righteous dead has been empty since Christ's death and resurrection. All the wicked dead go to Sheol to await the White Throne, and only THEN will they be sent into the lake of fire.

If there was ever a man that deserved to go straight to heaven at the point of death it was Jesus. Yet on resurrection morning Jesus said to Mary Magdalene, "Touch Me not, for I am not yet ascended to My Father"; John 20:17. He who is our example in all things died, was buried, and then after He was resurrected went to heaven. So it is with the saints:

Death
Burial (Sheol)
Resurrection
Then go to heaven

Edited by Hobie_

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, GreyDestiny said:

You can learn more regarding these events in Revelation 20, where you will find two resurrections mentioned in that chapter.  The first resurrection happens before the millennium, and it includes all those in Christ.  The second resurrection occurs at the end of the millennium, and it includes all those who lived during the millennium, along with all those who have died outside of Christ from the beginning.

Revelation 20: 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Note in the above passage that this is the second death, which only happens to those who are outside of Christ.  This is when Hades (hell) is done away with, so that should be fairly clear it still exists today.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/3/2018 at 6:38 AM, GreyDestiny said:

Actually this is spot on. Luke 16:19-31 / Ephesians 4:8-10 / 2 Corinthians 5:8 / Revelation 20:10-15. It all adds up.

Take the Word of God over any of mankind's teaching. Acts 17:11. Deuteronomy 29:29. Proverbs 25:2.

Heed God's warning about his Word in the Law (Deuteronomy 12:32) the Writings (Proverbs 30:5-6) the Prophets (Revelation 22:18-19).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 2/3/2018 at 8:38 AM, GreyDestiny said:

That is correct. The side meant for the righteous dead was emptied out when Christ was crucified. The only partition remaining is the one for the damned

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Is it in the bible?  If not i wouldn't believe it

• Praise God! 1