Fear of being the antichrist p2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

You have probably read my other posts and if not, I have OCD and for six months I've been scared I might be the Antichrist. I just see coincidences like when I look at the phone, the battery is 66%, etc. I'm scared I may have my gifts because I am the Antichrist and am scared to ask for forgiveness because I worry that my gifts could be taken. As I was a child I showed signs of intelligence and wanted to become a priest at 5 years. I love God and I love going to the Church. I always loved Him. When I ask for forgiveness, I begin having something like a paranoia and think that God took my gifts. Then, when the intensive thoughts come back, my paranoia goes away. What can I do? Am I the Antichrist?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Most will disagree with me here, but the Antichrist is NOT an individual but a succession of rulers over an Antichrist system, which is the roman Papacy. You are definitely not the antichrist.

The true Antichrist began its illustrious career of usurping  the authority  of Christ, trampling upon the saints, introducing paganised counterfeit Christianity into the church when she gained autonomy in 538AD. If however you are a part of that system, you need to come out.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

6 hours ago, brakelite said:

Most will disagree with me here, but the Antichrist is NOT an individual but a succession of rulers over an Antichrist system, which is the roman Papacy. You are definitely not the antichrist.

The true Antichrist began its illustrious career of usurping  the authority  of Christ, trampling upon the saints, introducing paganised counterfeit Christianity into the church when she gained autonomy in 538AD. If however you are a part of that system, you need to come out.

I think Revelation 17:10 is reffering to the Roman Catolic Church as the one who already "is", and not as the one who will come.

So it is unlikely for the Catholic Church to be the Antichrist.

Edited by mat007

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

1 minute ago, mat007 said:

I think Revelation 17:10 is reffering to the Roman Catolic Church as the one who already "is", and not as the one who will come.

So it is unlikely that the Catholic Church is the Antichrist.

Satan has been preparing his counterfeit systems for 1000s of years. It began at Babel, and has been developing ever since. All the world powers that grew as depicted in Daniel 7 were precursors to the final composite that will find its ultimate expression in Babylon the Great, Mother of harlots. Babylon, Meda-Persia, Greece, pagan Rome, papal Rome. When John was writing, the "now is" was pagan Rome. It was pagan Rome that Paul spoke of as being "he that letteth" but would be "taken out of the way" to make room for the coming "man of sin". When Constantine moved the capital of the empire to Constantinople (a move that todays historians still find inexplicable) this opened the way for Papal Rome to rise to power through corrupt power hungry worldly bishops who sought earthly authority over heavenly. At first though the early popes were under authority of others, such as the Ostrogoths, but through edicts of the eastern emporors such as Vespasian, and the defeat of the Ostrogoths by Belisarius, they finally found their autonomy. Their church/state union ruled Europe for 1260 years. (Sound familiar?). Then in 1928 Mussolini returned the civil power once again to the Vatican, which power they lost in 1798. Now, they've gone global in thier aspirations, and are finding success through the ecumenical movement. All the powers since Babel were Antichrist...beasts every one....just as the final beast will be ruled by a woman. The state beast ruled by the church. The final fully developed antichrist system developing exponentially before our very eyes. Never mind looking to some weirdo entering Jerusalem to take over some fictitious temple. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

13 hours ago, mat007 said:

You have probably read my other posts and if not, I have OCD and for six months I've been scared I might be the Antichrist. I just see coincidences like when I look at the phone, the battery is 66%, etc. I'm scared I may have my gifts because I am the Antichrist and am scared to ask for forgiveness because I worry that my gifts could be taken. As I was a child I showed signs of intelligence and wanted to become a priest at 5 years. I love God and I love going to the Church. I always loved Him. When I ask for forgiveness, I begin having something like a paranoia and think that God took my gifts. Then, when the intensive thoughts come back, my paranoia goes away. What can I do? Am I the Antichrist?

No, you aren't the a/c.  A couple of weeks ago, something came up as 666 that I was looking at....I  just thought "oh", but didn't think about it anymore.  My cousin, Rachel, once had 666 in her phone number and asked me if she should change it....I told her don't worry about it.

Since you are now suffering from this OCD problem, whenever you start to get bothered by it....realize what it is and then try praying right at that moment.  Your mind can't think on two things at one time, so pray instead.   Ask the Lord to help you.  I believe God will help you out of this eventually.

I understand OCD is a way of dealing with anxiety.  It sounds to me like you are in a vicious circle of the OCD creating more anxiety in you.  So I would pray each time you are getting anxious.   It's good you love going to church...I hope it's a church where you will be able to find quietness with the Lord....this would help lessen your anxiety, too.  Remember, the Lord loves you.... don't let yourself feel guilty over unnecessary things as that will create more anxiety.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

20 hours ago, mat007 said:

Praying for you. I hope you are getting treatment for your OCD brother.  It must be hard to cope with it. May God bless you.