IGNORED

Is it strange to not see yourself getting married?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Like... A guy does get lonely. I've thought about what it would be like to have a wife before and the thought certainly isn't unappealing. However, at the same time, the "me" in these thoughts just doesn't really add up to myself. It sounds rather silly, but I think everyone has exaggerated ideas of themselves. Consider it like one of those macho-one-man-army action movies where the muscular actor walks away from an explosion without even blinking and then takes down 50+ other guys using only his left leg. The male fantasy, in a nutshell. In my mind, I can end up being romantic, mysterious, funny... But in a realistic sense, i'm none of those. 

I don't understand the concept of romance. Mysterious is subjective; yeah, I might not talk much, but it's really because I don't know what to say or have anything to say. I'm not good with jokes, and typically, the jokes that make me laugh are a bit... Frowned upon. I don't like to get out much at all and i'm a rather boring person, even by boring standards. This may all sound like i'm putting myself down, but i'm not; i'm alright with how I am.

I'm just always a bit torn on it. I get lonely and feel like a wife would be nice, but at the same time, I just can't see myself with anyone. Not to mention how hard it would be to find someone who's compatible to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Nothing wrong with being single.  It could be that the only woman who would be compatible for you simply hasn't crossed your path yet.  Or it could be that you are simply meant to remain single.  Either way, it is best to be content with where and who you are than to rush into bad decisions as some do.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not one of those that believe there is someone out there for each and everyone of us.

I also don't believe that romance is the jackpot in a marriage. Western society would have you believe romance is to be  sought after at all costs and it will make you happy - that's not reality.

As for marrying to end loneliness.....yay or nay? I do believe Isaac's marriage to Rebeckah filled the sadness from the loss of his mother.

*and no, it's not strange to see yourself living an  unmarried life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

I was married for three years. I got custody of my daughter when she was one. Never remarried.  I think it depends on the person you marry. She can make it like heaven. But I love being single. If you ever get married find a last who loves the lord more the anything. If she don't them it will be not worthwhile. You seem like a good person. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

23 hours ago, GreyDestiny said:

Like... A guy does get lonely. I've thought about what it would be like to have a wife before and the thought certainly isn't unappealing. However, at the same time, the "me" in these thoughts just doesn't really add up to myself. It sounds rather silly, but I think everyone has exaggerated ideas of themselves. Consider it like one of those macho-one-man-army action movies where the muscular actor walks away from an explosion without even blinking and then takes down 50+ other guys using only his left leg. The male fantasy, in a nutshell. In my mind, I can end up being romantic, mysterious, funny... But in a realistic sense, i'm none of those. 

I don't understand the concept of romance. Mysterious is subjective; yeah, I might not talk much, but it's really because I don't know what to say or have anything to say. I'm not good with jokes, and typically, the jokes that make me laugh are a bit... Frowned upon. I don't like to get out much at all and i'm a rather boring person, even by boring standards. This may all sound like i'm putting myself down, but i'm not; i'm alright with how I am.

I'm just always a bit torn on it. I get lonely and feel like a wife would be nice, but at the same time, I just can't see myself with anyone. Not to mention how hard it would be to find someone who's compatible to begin with.

Marriage isnt for everybody. Even Paul in the bible says that if one feels like they can handle celibacy, they should remain unmarried so they can devote themselves to Christ full time and not divide their attention between Christ and a husband/wife

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

23 hours ago, GreyDestiny said:

I get lonely and feel like a wife would be nice, but at the same time, I just can't see myself with anyone.

I know how this is... It is something that goes in my mind every now and then.

With Jesus, living alone for some is very, very easy... But there are times we all feel it could be different.

"but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion." - 1 Corinthians 7:9

To some being single is just natural and they do not suffer as some people may think. But most, if not all, think about it and wish it could be different... I believe it is just natural.

"For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that." - 1 Corinthians 7:7

But just live your lives and wait on God, let His will be done in Jesus' name!

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God" - Philippians 4:6

God bless you!

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I would like to get married again. However, if it is God's will that I remain Single He knows what's best for me. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I have been married twice. Both were abusive marriages. I sure wish I would have had a close relationship with God before I married. There have been consequences to my ungodly choices. By all means please pray to God and let Him be in control of your whole life and that includes who He wants you to spend the rest of your life with. If He chooses that plan for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

On 2/6/2018 at 9:01 AM, GreyDestiny said:

Nothing will solve your dilemma like prayer my man. Pray for the Holy Spirit to illuminate a path to the woman who is right for you. God values your happiness! 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/6/2018 at 2:01 PM, GreyDestiny said:

I just can't see myself with anyone.

Shalom @GreyDestiny

I enjoyed your post (if that's the right word) and wanted to encourage you. 

I'm a weirdo and boring beyond your boring standards, I'm quite sure. However, against all odds, I found someone to marry. 

There are all sorts of people on this earth. Not all women are looking for, or are attracted to, the same thing. I'm sure there is a girl out there who will dig your quirkness, style and jokes and even become fascinated with you. It just probably won't happen as you can imagine. 

If you would like to be with someone and get lonely at times, I'm sure the Father will see it. He might say something like "it's not good for GreyDestiny to be alone..". But then you may to encounter all sorts of animals across your path before you finally meet your Eve!

Have faith, don't follow your eyes alone, don't jump into any relationship too quickly, trust your instincts, and it'll happen my friend.  You cannot be worse than me and yet I'm now happily married (somehow). 

Love & Shalom