• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them..." —Exodus 20:5. Ok, so then why do so many catholics and the pope  BOW DOWN before a statue of Mary in their worship places?

Exodus 20:4,5 couldn't be any clearer that even BOWING down to a statue is idolatry.  Yet, Catholics foolishly claim that they are not worshipping the statues they are bowing down to.  BUT, God forbids us from even bowing to statues.  In fact, the Bible is so clear on this matter that the Vatican has even REMOVED the second of the Ten Commandments to deceive you.  

Exodus20:4-5. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."  Vs5 "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God." Isaiah 42:8 "I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."

God DID specifically commanded CERTAIN statues to be made. Were they worshipped? No, were they bowed down to? No. Were the cerebrum on the ark of the covenant bowed down to or worshipped? No. Moses' brass snake was to demonstrate Gods healing power, so the people would know that their healing was from God and not just a coincidence, as you well know. Show me where God SPECIFICALLY commands us to make images of Mary and the pope and to bow to them?

catholic_idolaters.jpg

catholics_deceived.jpg

mw41.jpg

pope_worship.jpg

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Oh. This is so very tricky a subject. So difficult to really grasp. So hard NOT to have any idols.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

That second picture, I like that guy on the left. He looks really unsure, lol.

But yeah. this is an issue all across the spectrum. "idolatry' is a rather complex sin, it seems.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Oh. This is so very tricky a subject. So difficult to really grasp. So hard NOT to have any idols.

Since when !?  

Like the rich young man who went away sad because he had many possessions,  the whole world PREFERS (in the flesh) to keep or guard what they think they own as if it is their own.....

So ,  for the world ,  it is NOT DIFFICULT to grasp or understand --- no,  it is not difficult;  it is impossible.  And they don't.

For those JESUS calls to follow HIM?   No problem - those who love their own possessions of the world and claim things as their own, they keep their stuff and do not follow JESUS.   SIMPLE.

Those who give up everything and follow JESUS, as His called and chosen Apostles and faithful disciples did,  no worries - they give up everything ,  IDOLS and ALL, to follow JESUS,  and

unless they act like dogs and go back to their vomit/ corruption/  losing their way on the narrow road to life (in JESUS),

they continue on the narrow way,  following JESUS all their lives,  FREE FROM IDOLS (as all Scripture contends to stay free from) .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Why do so many Protestants bow down to the idol of materialism and wealth (Mammon)? Is any group (RCC/Prots) without guilt on that count?

Our bodies may not bow but our hearts do.

BUT NOT IF JESUS IS IN OUR HEARTS.    AND I KNOW THAT BY EXPERIENCE.     GODS LOVE IS FOR TRUTH ABOVE ALL THINGS.

and HE POURED that LOVE by grace IN MY HEART on day ONE .  their was no hunger left in me for anything BUT TRUTH

THE POWER OF GOD IS REAL it DOES CHANGE .     Now lets all be fast to correct any in error.   And the best way to keep the people fed up and FIRE UP

and sharpend , IS BY reading Sound doctrine and the other gifts as well.   I EXPERIENCED THIS YOWM.  ITS REAL.   a whole new heart whole new desires.

and while the flesh is contrary, We GOT POWER over that flesh IS WE OBEY that POWER that is .     Correct quickly.   let not the lusts of other things CHOKE THE WORD  OUT.

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Since when !?  

Like the rich young man who went away sad because he had many possessions,  the whole world PREFERS (in the flesh) to keep or guard what they think they own as if it is their own.....

So ,  for the world ,  it is NOT DIFFICULT to grasp or understand --- no,  it is not difficult;  it is impossible.  And they don't.

For those JESUS calls to follow HIM?   No problem - those who love their own possessions of the world and claim things as their own, they keep their stuff and do not follow JESUS.   SIMPLE.

Those who give up everything and follow JESUS, as His called and chosen Apostles and faithful disciples did,  no worries - they give up everything ,  IDOLS and ALL, to follow JESUS,  and

unless they act like dogs and go back to their vomit/ corruption/  losing their way on the narrow road to life (in JESUS),

they continue on the narrow way,  following JESUS all their lives,  FREE FROM IDOLS (as all Scripture contends to stay free from) .

JEFF , I see the problem very clear .    The reason why some do not understand what I say about , BUT NOT IF CHRIST IS IN YOUR HEART

my goodness THEY NEVER EXPERIENCED the event I speak of.    That on day one CHANGED EVERYTHING .  

Most know only head knowledge ,   if they had the born again EXPERIENCE of being TRULY BORN AGAIN.   they would KNOW what I say is true when I say

SINCE DAY ONE the whole direction changed  whole new DESIRES  , a whole new EXPERIENCE of being BORN AGAIN.

• Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them..." —Exodus 20:5. Ok, so then why do so many catholics and the pope  BOW DOWN before a statue of Mary in their worship places?

Exodus 20:4,5 couldn't be any clearer that even BOWING down to a statue is idolatry.  Yet, Catholics foolishly claim that they are not worshipping the statues they are bowing down to.  BUT, God forbids us from even bowing to statues.  In fact, the Bible is so clear on this matter that the Vatican has even REMOVED the second of the Ten Commandments to deceive you.  

Exodus20:4-5. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."  Vs5 "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God." Isaiah 42:8 "I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."

God DID specifically commanded CERTAIN statues to be made. Were they worshipped? No, were they bowed down to? No. Were the cerebrum on the ark of the covenant bowed down to or worshipped? No. Moses' brass snake was to demonstrate Gods healing power, so the people would know that their healing was from God and not just a coincidence, as you well know. Show me where God SPECIFICALLY commands us to make images of Mary and the pope and to bow to them?

catholic_idolaters.jpg

catholics_deceived.jpg

mw41.jpg

pope_worship.jpg

BLASHPHEMY .    BLASHPEMY.      and they want me to follow this, to have unity with THIS.    NEVER.  I refuse unity with rome or other false churches

who bow down to idols , which includes covetous idols like money and things too.   

This world is doomed , so many will be doomed.  WE GOT to warn .  we got to exhort and remind daily.    This is such a tragedy .

The CHURCH OF THE ONE TRUE GOD is spread out in places all over the world, and they don't LOVE THIS JUNK.  

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So you have never as a Christian given into the desires of the flesh? ...sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, covetousness, anger, gossip, arrogancy?

YOWN READ WHAT ME SAID .    I said the flesh is contrary.   ITS WHAT POPS THOSE THOUGHTS IN OUR HEAD

WHY on earth would you attack what I even said .    Have you not experienced what I talk about  .  

AND I gave all the credit to GOD , I said HE changed.  not me  ,   not me , I did not change me.  GOD DID .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Why do so many Protestants bow down to the idol of materialism and wealth (Mammon)? Is any group (RCC/Prots) without guilt on that count?

Our bodies may not bow but our hearts do.

Goodness gracious, what is your point here brother.......you defending both idolatrous protestant church and idolatrous Catholic church.......instead shouldn't you be joining in warning against them both!  Notice their common denominator.....they each have different idols but notice that both ARE SOFT ON SIN.  Let's learn from this.

• Thanks 1