IGNORED

ONE WORLD RELIGION

Dennis1209

Guest shiloh357
59 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: but if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God (Acts 5.38-39).

LOL, another pagan misuse of Scripture.   Fortunately, we know that God only operates in the confines of the Christian Bible.   So we can already see that those who use other, extra biblical writings as Scripture are adding to the Word of God and are under God's curse.  Those who add to Scripture with other "scriptures"  are enemies of cross and kingdom and are anathema.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Saul, Peter, Yeshua and others were well versed in all scriptures. Check out the many re-quotes found in the NT writings. Saul said all scripture was of benefit. Revelation's 'curses' are for that book, since most of the others were not even collected by then. Check our Theophilus and his inclusion in Luke.

• Brilliant! 1

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Saul, Peter, Yeshua and others were well versed in all scriptures. Check out the many re-quotes found in the NT writings. Saul said all scripture was of benefit. Revelation's 'curses' are for that book, since most of the others were not even collected by then. Check our Theophilus and his inclusion in Luke.

The Bible's 66 books are the only "Scriptures" ever referenced in the Bible.   They quoted from outside texts, but never referred to them as Scripture.   YOU false teachers are the ones trying elevate extra-biblical documents to the level of Scripture in order to give authority to your lies and heresies.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Everything in the bible is inspired and useful for our instruction, reproof etc.  I think it is important to understand that what we have in the bible currently can be counted on and stood upon as solid ground.  BUT when I think about it, that word "canon" is troubling.......since the Catholic Church also has a presumptuous practice of "canonizing" saints.....which essentially deifies them.  And it seems we have just accepted without question this thing called the "canonization" of the bible.  So what the Popes chose to remove from the writings of the faith in their fallen human wisdom and motives makes me wonder.  In later years they tried to also hide from the flock even what they had chosen to include.....punishing or executing people if they were even caught owing a bible.  In other words darkness is the stock in trade of the RCC, so why should we accept anything they do or say.

That said, anyone needs to know the bible and the God of the bible really well, so that they can test anything else they might read against it.  And it is for the Lord to lead us what to read and when, if we are led by the Spirit.  Seeking to satisfy our natural curiosity apart from the Lord can lead astray, so we should just stick close to Jesus and follow Him in all things.....He is the one of whom the scriptures testify.  It is possible even to seek knowledge from the bible with wrong motives and that comes with its own judgment as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

3 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

That said, anyone needs to know the bible and the God of the bible really well, so that they can test anything else they might read against it.  And it is for the Lord to lead us what to read and when, if we are led by the Spirit.

Exactly... That is why submission to the truth, to the Lord and His Spirit is so important. As God resist the proud and give grace to the humble.

"All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father.
Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him." - Matthew 11:27

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44

Only God can show and lead us to the truth, without Him we are in the enemy's hand and his deceiving abilities.

"Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made.
And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”" - Genesis 3:1

"So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world;
he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." - Revelation 12:9

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

7 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Exactly... That is why submission to the truth, to the Lord and His Spirit is so important. As God resist the proud and give grace to the humble.

"All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father.
Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him." - Matthew 11:27

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44

Only God can show and lead us to the truth, without Him we are in the enemy's hand and his deceiving abilities.

"Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made.
And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”" - Genesis 3:1

"So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world;
he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." - Revelation 12:9

Satan cannot deceive us. He deceives  the world. We are not if this world. We belong to heaven.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Satan cannot deceive us. He deceives  the world. We are not if this world. We belong to heaven.

This is a battle we are in, so it doesn't seem to be quite so cut and dried as that.  If we get over confident and take too much for granted we are already deceived.  There is that we need to walk softly and humbly before our God, as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

This is a battle we are in, so it doesn't seem to be quite so cut and dried as that.  If we get over confident and take too much for granted we are already deceived.  There is that we need to walk softly and humbly before our God, as well.

Sister you loved.    be blessed and let us praise the Lord .  

• Praise God! 1