• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It's not an opinion.   The SDA teaches a false gospel.   

And you know this how?

Because I was raised Methodist 

And I didn't fall off any wagon 

Because Man says?

Or the word speaks for itself?

I'm not upset or angry 

I actually appreciate the conversation 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Ellie White was a nutter, and didn't abide by the same onerous rules she makes every other SDA live under.

And even disregarding all the other weirdness the denomination demands, the fact they think abortion on demand is just swell--and their hospitals willingly perform these abominations--would cause me to run away from that bunch like my hair was on fire.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Charles Vail, a mason, writes The eye is the symbol of higher clairvoyance and the Master Mason 
always possessed this sight. It was always placed in all Egyptian Temples and represents the 
ancient never sleeping eye of God', Masonic author J D Buck writes 'about the all seeing eye that 
a real Master (of the Lodge) has the eye of Siva, active in him, the vibrations of his brain 
correspond to the synthesis of light and sound '. 

One former witch and another Freemason comments To 'open ' the eye a little bit is to experience 
psychic powers, To open the eye completely is to flood yourself with the pure consciousness of 
Lucifer himself. (The eye is opened by the rituals of Freemasonry). " 

MRS WHITE AND THE ALL-SEEING EYE 

Ellen G. White: "There is need of each one in every school and in every institution, being, as was 
Daniel, in such close connection with the Source of all wisdom, that his prayers will enable him to 
reach the highest standard of his duties in every line, that he may be able to fulfill his scholastic 
requirements not only under able teachers, but also under the supervision of heavenly intelligences, 
knowing that the All-seeing, the Ever-sleepless Eye was upon him. "Special Testimonies on 
Education, " October, 1893. {FE 230.2} 

Ellen G. White: "Many shepherds of the flock, who professed to love Jesus, said that they had no 
opposition to the preaching of Christ's coming, but they objected to the definite time. God's all- 
seeing eye read their hearts. They did not love Jesus near. They knew that their unchristian lives 
would not stand the test, for they were not walking in the humble path marked out by Him. These 
false shepherds stood in the way of the work of God. The truth spoken in its convincing power 
aroused the people, and like the jailer, they began to inquire, "What must I do to be saved?" But 
these shepherds stepped in between the truth and the people, and preached smooth things to lead 
them from the truth. They united with Satan and his angels, crying, "Peace, peace, " when there was 
no peace. Those who loved their ease and were content with their distance from God would not be 
aroused from their carnal security. I saw that angels of God marked it all; the garments of those 
unconsecrated shepherds were covered with the blood of souls. " {EW 233.2} 

Ellen G. White: "God's all-seeing eye notes the defects of all and the ruling passion of each, yet 
He bears with our mistakes and pities our weakness. He bids His people cherish the same spirit of 
tenderness and forbearance. True Christians will not exult in exposing the faults and deficiencies of 
others. They will turn away from vileness and deformity, to fix the mind upon that which is 
attractive and lovely. To the Christian every act of faultfinding, every word of censure or 
condemnation, is painful. " - 5T 94-96255, Counsels for the Church (1991), page 177, paragraph 

Found this on the net.

Ellen white used satanic symbolism

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/24/1966

I was raised SDA, and while I can't deny the miracles I witnessed at their Southern California camp and retreat, Pine Springs Ranch, I do know that they teach salvation by works, that the dead sleep until the second coming and, that the wicked will be destroyed before the earth is restored. Not one of them I have ever known follows all of the teaching of Ellen G. White, whom they claim is a prophet. Go to any church buffet and look for cheese in the dishes offered. Yet one thing E.G. White says in "Councils on diet and food." is "Cheese is wholly unfit for food." That's just one small example.

I left because I disagree with some of the teachings of the SDA church. I won't condemn them as a cult but, what they teach is not entirely Biblical either. Keep your eyes and heart open to God and, let Him show you the truth.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

19 minutes ago, BlueMoods said:

I left because I disagree with some of the teachings of the SDA church. I won't condemn them as a cult but, what they teach is not entirely Biblical either. Keep your eyes and heart open to God and, let Him show you the truth.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:45 PM, IvyLynn said:

Let me explain...

I don't actually believe I'm in a cult, I just have days that I struggle with...And was hoping to discuss these struggles with others that may be going through the same personal battles that we all face day in and day out...

Thanks!!

Yes ,  there are worse places to be in,   and there are better places to be in......   there are battles every day - we are at war -

The spirit and the flesh are always at war, every day;  and

most groups don't fight the war every day, nor teach anyone how to fight , how to have victory (IN JESUS),

how to be healed,  how to have joy, and how to have peace and righteousness.  

Yet as witten,  the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink, but righteousness, peace and joy.  

(where is this ever realized?  Most groups have no idea)

Abide in Jesus,  no matter what group you are in, anyone, anywhere.  Trust the Heavenly Father for your life every day.

HE IS TRUSTWORTHY !

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have read through this thread and returned to your original two question and will answer according to the entire thread:

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, IvyLynn said:

Anyone out there a women of SDA or former???

What is the concern of a works based salvation according to The Bible:
Before the arrest of Jesus 'the night of' Jn 17 and the accounts of Jesus' in the garden' requesting of The Father another way sheds intense light on the truth of salvation... The Son pleading with His Father bleeding from ruptured capillaries so His sweat became blood is known as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematidrosis and yet the resolve was not to give heed to His Own very much wanted desire but to do what His Father willed Him to do! Jesus was sent yet willingly with unity of The Godhead to the cross. The cross is where God witnesses His work alone to justify a righteous holy God the ability to forgive sin in sinners and provide new life in unredeemed flesh... humanity is not even involved except for the greatest leveled assault on a human Being to bring about hatred within that Being for the actions being done to said Being= Jesus 'The Son of Man / The Son of God'! The process of the cross is the fulfillment of the prayer in Jn 17 and the victory cry 'It is finished' followed by The Son committing Himself to The Father by dismissing His Spirit in death. All sin was placed upon The Son in death and 3 days later The First Born from that victory over sin and death was Jesus Himself... Now where are you going to find room for our works in this?

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, IvyLynn said:

I'm hoping to find out why I'm just not "good enough"

because you cannot not be a sinner ... you were born in sin and everyone sins and the standard to live with a perfect sinless God is sinless perfection and anyone claiming they have that =calls God a liar

1 John 1:7-9
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
KJV

Simply God had to give us His righteousness in The Person of Christ so that The Holy Spirit could once again be united with our dead spirit through regeneration and now the finished work of The Son we are made able to be born again unto a living hope eternal with God in the new heaven and new earth in the eternal state... never by works of anykind
Eph 2:4-9
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
KJV
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 2/8/2018 at 11:45 AM, IvyLynn said:

Let me explain...

I don't actually believe I'm in a cult, I just have days that I struggle with...And was hoping to discuss these struggles with others that may be going through the same personal battles that we all face day in and day out...

Thanks!!

Rom 6:22  ESV But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life.  Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the free GIFT of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 5:6  For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.  Rom 5:7  For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—  Rom 5:8  but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 5:9  Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.  Rom 5:10  For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. Rom 5:11  More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

Salvation is a free gift through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus.  We are right now reconciled to the Father when we receive His gift of salvation. No more works are necessary.  Now all we have to do is walk in the love that He gives us for those in need.   Let Jesus live in you and through you. We may see loneliness, poverty, despair, grief.  Wherever we see a need and provide for it, we are seeing that person through the love of Christ.  That is how we walk in the Spirit.  And we are told that there is no condemnation for those who walk in the Spirit.  Romans 8:1 and Galatians 5

Rom 8:1  NKJV There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Gal 5:16  I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Gal 5:17  For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. Gal 5:18  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

I hope these verses speak to your struggles.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/13/2018 at 4:24 AM, shiloh357 said:

We are all God's creation.  We are NOT all God's children.  And Yes, Jesus judged and will judge.

Paul said we are not to judge the world......we “ are” reguired to judge Fellow Be

ievers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/8/2018 at 6:40 PM, Butero said:

If you have read my posts, you probably know I don't believe in using the word legalism.  It is not found in the Bible, and if it does exist, it means that to be saved requires faith plus something else, like circumcision or baptism or abstaining from certain foods.  I don't believe that simply standing against sinful behavior is legalism as many do.  What I mean by that is just because someone thinks having a television, for instance, is wrong, that doesn't make them a legalist to me, and I do have a television.  If you think it is wrong to wear short sleeves, I don't think you are a legalist, though I wear short sleeve shirts at times.  It is just that different people have different beliefs about God's standards of holy living.  

If I decide it is sinful to watch television , that of course is my business......if I tell others they must not watch tv in order to be saved or give it up to stay saved —— thAt is where one has become a Judaizer ( legalists)

Guest Butero
4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If I decide it is sinful to watch television , that of course is my business......if I tell others they must not watch tv in order to be saved or give it up to stay saved —— thAt is where one has become a Judaizer ( legalists)

Lets take another situation.  Lets suppose instead of television, I was to say it is wrong to cheat on my wife, that is of course my business.  If I tell others they must not cheat on their wives to be saved and they must give up the other woman to be saved, does that make me a Judaizer (legalist)?  Thou shalt not commit adultery is right out of the law of Moses.  Television is not, so I don't see how that has anything to do with being a Judaizer.