• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I was raised Methodist 

The man I'm marrying is a SDA, I started attending our church 2 years ago.

I also miss the 80's

so much legalism these days

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Oh, it's definitely difficult sometimes...

sometimes I feel like an alien or the odd ball....

asking question after question 

i cannot have children 

i am 38, my fiancé is 55

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

Are they ok with you asking questions?  

Absolutely, I think I ask questions some are scared to bring up...I have an extensive college education in medicine and science. I ask the questions!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Butero said:

OK.  I am 52.  I remember the 80s well.  

Things seemed simpler in the 80's....

or again maybe just another sign of the end days....

Ditto.

I also have to read and cross reference everything even the oldest dictionary's for proper or changed definitions...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Things which SDAs won’t point out, is that their religion DIDN’T exist until a wayward Baptist preacher by the name of Miller prophesied that the Lord would return in 1844, but He didn’t.  10,000 followers of Miller had sold their homes, given away all their earthly possessions, and were utterly disappointed when Jesus didn’t return in 1844.  To save face, someone suggested that perhaps Miller had misunderstood the Bible, and the expected event had instead taken place in heaven.  This is what they settled upon.  Thus, a new religion was birthed and given the name in 1860 of Seventh-day AdventismThere is absolutely nothing in the Bible to support such a bizarre claim by SDAs.  By manipulating numbers and dates in the Bible, one can predict just about anything.  Jehovah’s Witnesses have their own little cute way of ripping apart the Bible to make their false doctrines fit.  SDAs have done the same thing, i.e., they have corrupted the Word of God in order to accommodate their false teachings.

It is very important to realize that SDA did not exist prior to Miller’s failed prophecy.  If, as SDAs claim, the Bible teaches that the Lord would return in 1844, then why did only Miller and his followers believe this?  The very manner in which the SDA religion came into existence is irrefutable proof that they are a manmade false religion.   Page 15
of the SDA Church Manual states: “In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry.”  There is absolutely nothing in the Word of God teaching such nonsense.  You can search the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and you won’t find anything about a “second phase” of Jesus’ atonement ministry.  Even more bizarre is the ridiculous claim that the second phase began in 1844.  Why hasn’t anyone, from any other religion, interpreted the Bible in such a way?  It is only SDAs who make such bizarre claims, because their founders were made the laughing stock of an entire nation when Jesus failed to return in 1844.

Page 15 of the SDA Church Manual states: “It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin…”  SDAs are liars.  1st John 1:7 states: “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”  It is Jesus’ precious blood that washes away our sins, and nothing else.  SDAs teach that Jesus’ blood sacrifice is insufficient by itself to pay for our sins; teaching instead that a separate work which Christ began in the year 1844 A.D. is absolutely essential to one’s salvation.  This bizarre doctrine is nowhere taught in the Bible.

Page 15 and 16 of the SDA Church Manual states: “The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection.  It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting Kingdom.”  This plainly teaches works salvation.  No one is worthy of salvation.  SDAs teach that in order to enter into God’s everlasting Kingdom, the prerequisites of abiding in Christ and keeping God’s commandments must first be met.  This is self-righteousness and a sure road to Hell. 

There is absolutely nithing about Hell or the Lake of Fire in the SDA Church Manual; in spite of the preponderance of doctrines covered in the book.  Clearly they don’t believe in Hell.  On page 190, the book states that the wicked will be resurrected at the end of the 1,000-year Millennium and then will be “consumed” by the same fire that God is going to use to cleanse the earth.  In sharp contrast, the Bible teaches in Revelation 20:11-15 that the unsaved will be cast into the Lake of Fire forever; not consumed.  SDA is of the Devil—a manmade (or should I say “womanmade”) religion birthed out of confusion, panic and false doctrine.  The big question is this—why follow any religion?  Jesus never started a religion.  Why cannot we just “SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES” as Jesus commanded in John 5:39?  Religion is the worst thing that’s ever happened to this dark and dreary world of sin.  Salvation is NOT found in any religion; but in a person—The Lord Jesus Christ

• This is Worthy 1

5 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Things which SDAs won’t point out, is that their religion DIDN’T exist until a wayward Baptist preacher by the name of Miller prophesied that the Lord would return in 1844, but He didn’t.  10,000 followers of Miller had sold their homes, given away all their earthly possessions, and were utterly disappointed when Jesus didn’t return in 1844.  To save face, someone suggested that perhaps Miller had misunderstood the Bible, and the expected event had instead taken place in heaven.  This is what they settled upon.  Thus, a new religion was birthed and given the name in 1860 of Seventh-day AdventismThere is absolutely nothing in the Bible to support such a bizarre claim by SDAs.  By manipulating numbers and dates in the Bible, one can predict just about anything.  Jehovah’s Witnesses have their own little cute way of ripping apart the Bible to make their false doctrines fit.  SDAs have done the same thing, i.e., they have corrupted the Word of God in order to accommodate their false teachings.

It is very important to realize that SDA did not exist prior to Miller’s failed prophecy.  If, as SDAs claim, the Bible teaches that the Lord would return in 1844, then why did only Miller and his followers believe this?  The very manner in which the SDA religion came into existence is irrefutable proof that they are a manmade false religion.   Page 15
of the SDA Church Manual states: “In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry.”  There is absolutely nothing in the Word of God teaching such nonsense.  You can search the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and you won’t find anything about a “second phase” of Jesus’ atonement ministry.  Even more bizarre is the ridiculous claim that the second phase began in 1844.  Why hasn’t anyone, from any other religion, interpreted the Bible in such a way?  It is only SDAs who make such bizarre claims, because their founders were made the laughing stock of an entire nation when Jesus failed to return in 1844.

Page 15 of the SDA Church Manual states: “It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin…”  SDAs are liars.  1st John 1:7 states: “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”  It is Jesus’ precious blood that washes away our sins, and nothing else.  SDAs teach that Jesus’ blood sacrifice is insufficient by itself to pay for our sins; teaching instead that a separate work which Christ began in the year 1844 A.D. is absolutely essential to one’s salvation.  This bizarre doctrine is nowhere taught in the Bible.

Page 15 and 16 of the SDA Church Manual states: “The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection.  It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting Kingdom.”  This plainly teaches works salvation.  No one is worthy of salvation.  SDAs teach that in order to enter into God’s everlasting Kingdom, the prerequisites of abiding in Christ and keeping God’s commandments must first be met.  This is self-righteousness and a sure road to Hell. 

There is absolutely nithing about Hell or the Lake of Fire in the SDA Church Manual; in spite of the preponderance of doctrines covered in the book.  Clearly they don’t believe in Hell.  On page 190, the book states that the wicked will be resurrected at the end of the 1,000-year Millennium and then will be “consumed” by the same fire that God is going to use to cleanse the earth.  In sharp contrast, the Bible teaches in Revelation 20:11-15 that the unsaved will be cast into the Lake of Fire forever; not consumed.  SDA is of the Devil—a manmade (or should I say “womanmade”) religion birthed out of confusion, panic and false doctrine.  The big question is this—why follow any religion?  Jesus never started a religion.  Why cannot we just “SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES” as Jesus commanded in John 5:39?  Religion is the worst thing that’s ever happened to this dark and dreary world of sin.  Salvation is NOT found in any religion; but in a person—The Lord Jesus Christ

Blessings to you and yours...

Thank you for commenting 

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

She is engaged to a man who is SDA, and is likely very strong in his convictions that this is the right church.  This is more of a situation where she has to decide if she can accept going there from now on.  

My advise Ivy Lynn is that if you are ok with the marriage and going to this church, know your Bible, and have a personal relationship with Christ outside of the church.  You will have to deal with their teachings, but you as an individual can still have a relationship with Jesus.  You may have to obey things you don't agree with, but you already know that.  If this is too hard for you, now is the time to back out of the wedding.  Just pray about it.  I wouldn't look bad on you either way, but being unequally yoked has caused a lot of heartaches in marriages.  

Thank you so very much.

If it wasn't for this wonderful man, I would NOT know truth...

this is why I became a SDA

i may struggle with certain things, but that is part of all of our journeys 

Im so thankful for everyone's thoughts and prayers...