Sign in to follow this  
SkilletFan

Spiritual warfare last night

I experienced a spiritual attack last night. It was bad enough that something happened which made me feel insecure. But then afterward it was like the devil was whispering doubts into my mind, asking me to give up Christianity and such. It got to the point where I told the forum through Chat that I would probably be leaving the site. I woke up today and things are better. I'm going to listen to some Christian music.

I realize some will say "It's just your Schizophrenia". But I have a Christian psychiatrist who believes I have both mental illness and spiritual warfare. In any case, increasing my medicine only helps certain things, so they don't do that often.

I believe that since I have been an atheist for 27 years and a Christian for like 1... the devil is mad and trying to call me home, so to speak.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying for You! 3

I believe you are correct.  Satan hates to loose, and he does not like what God says about his future, so he is going to do his best to cause as much pain as possible until then.

I suggest that you read scripture more, study.  Music is soothing, but there is nothing that will build your faith more than scripture.

• This is Worthy 1

I have to agree with OneLight.  Jesus routed the enemy by quoting the word correctly.  To do that you have to know and understand it well.  But when David played the harp the evil spirit left King Saul.  

We are also told that God inhabits the praises of His people.  When I have worshipped Him in the face of attacks it has caused the enemy to flee.  God is faithful to His own.  I pray that He opens you eyes to His angels that are fighting on your behalf.  God will never leave you or forsake you.  So shout the victory!

• Praise God! 2

Helping those who are undergoing spiritual attack is the main reason I joined this site. I've dealt with it for years, and there are a number of things you can do to not only scare off these demons, but obliterate them.

First, you need to be in a position of strength and security. Bright music helps. Christian music can help, as long as it isn't cloying and you genuinely find it inspiring. Inspiration is one of the most empowering sensations. I believe it's a direct connection to God that fuels it, in many cases. That's why it feels so nice, and seems like a special sort of communication. Well, that's because it is!

If it gets to be unbearable, singing along to the music helps even more. Resonate deeply, so you feel the rumbling in your chest. This vibration helps to unify the body. It is sound, vibration, which rules and forms the physical world. So take part in it! Resonate love and strength. If you cannot sing too well, then hum loudly. It is the vibration and intention that is most key, not your vocal range or even the lyrics, really.

Fresh air is extra helpful. Open some windows, or better yet take a walk outside. Bring music along with you, and get as close to nature as you can. It's harder to be warped when you're surrounded by natural energy. Whereas if you're battling within a stuffy apartment, you'll be further cut off from your power; the unison with the Earth, God's gift to us. Use it!

Lastly, the obliteration. There are many ways this can be done, but I'll describe the first way I ever did it with success. And it was to "heal" the demon with the power and love of God. I say "heal" tenderly, because the demon can't handle it very well...

I like to imagine the demon is a filament of tungsten within a light bulb. And the healing love of God, a current that far exceeds its capacity. I use my intention to reach way, way up into the heavens, and sincerely request that God lends me his love for the "betterment" of this demon. He's only too happy to oblige. Once that access is granted, it's up to me to connect that devastating healing power to the inner core of this target demon. Once I hook up this Divine "wiring," I persevere until you feel a little *pop* and the demonic presence vanishes.

You can't go about this gingerly. You are a warrior of God. You need to know this, feel its truth, and carry out your actions with utmost authority. It takes time to attain this confidence, but once you have it, you'll become a real threat to the cause of darkness.

This was the method which worked to great effect when this life of spiritual warfare began for me, and I hope it will be of service to you.

On 2/8/2018 at 11:01 AM, SkilletFan said:

I realize some will say "It's just your Schizophrenia". But I have a Christian psychiatrist who believes I have both mental illness and spiritual warfare

Sounds like you have a good psychologist, SkilletFan, and praise God for it. Schizophrenia has been tied to chemical imbalance in the brain, so there definitely is a physiological component to it. http://www.medicaldaily.com/scientists-prove-chemical-imbalance-theory-schizophrenia-using-brain-model-made-stem-cells-302596

The problem is, demons come in behind those imbalances and influence you when you are weak. It's the same thing with people who become intoxicated or high on drugs. They are more susceptible to being influenced in those states.

So the answer is to deal with the imbalance by taking your meds, while praying for the Lord to heal you physically. And pray against any spirits that might try to influence you while you do. This is a wise approach to the issue, in my opinion, and one where you are taking into account both the physical and spiritual aspects of the problem. :thumbsup:

God bless, and feel free to post on it whenever you feel the need. It's always nice to know we are not in our fight alone. 

So glad to see you back, Skillet Fan!   (Tried to pm you instead but it was not working for me.)

The Lord protect you and give you peace.  We all go through such times and it's wonderful when we have loving support from our fellow Christians.   May this encourage you.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:01 PM, SkilletFan said:

I experienced a spiritual attack last night. It was bad enough that something happened which made me feel insecure. But then afterward it was like the devil was whispering doubts into my mind, asking me to give up Christianity and such. It got to the point where I told the forum through Chat that I would probably be leaving the site. I woke up today and things are better. I'm going to listen to some Christian music.

I realize some will say "It's just your Schizophrenia". But I have a Christian psychiatrist who believes I have both mental illness and spiritual warfare. In any case, increasing my medicine only helps certain things, so they don't do that often.

I believe that since I have been an atheist for 27 years and a Christian for like 1... the devil is mad and trying to call me home, so to speak.

Get more B vitamins in your diet. A healthy diet is important too in dealing with the effects of mental illness. 

Hello SkilletFan, I have dealt with spiritual warfare for many years, and I recognize solid answers when I find them. I will be posting this same link as a stand-alone thread, but I am posting the same link in direct answer to your OP. Please read this carefully, print it out, and discuss this with your Psychiatrist. I very sincerely hope and trust that the instructions set out by Dr Payne will be of deep help and relief to you. For the record, I heard Dr Payne doing a talk show on our local Christian radio station yesterday afternoon, and his voice and manner is as solid as his very solid teaching. God be with you.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/pastors/2012/spring/removingdemonic.html

Edited by Bluebird

Sign in to follow this