Vera Bradley

My Concern about Christianity Mixing with White Supremacy

I have a deep concern about the social, political, and religious climate in the USA. What really frightens me is how many people who call themselves Christians are also embracing white nationalistic ideology. Before anyone says I'm paranoid or that these people are just a fringe group, let me share where I'm coming from.

I know that not everyone on this forum supports Trump, but there has been an underlying push or assumption that if you are on Trump's side, then you are on God's side. That is scary.

Add to that the growing number of individuals in the USA who are emboldened to speak white supremacist ideas in the name of Trump while at the same time supporting much needed immigration reform. What is going on?

I have a godmother who supports Trump and at the same time has told me she is afraid of groups of black men. She has said that white men are being discriminated against. She has talked of bringing the firing squad back for liberals. I have relatives who are liberals. I wouldn't tell her that.

There are people who are angry that Obama was president for eight years, and do believe that non-white people have usurped the authority of white people. This sentiment is alive, and downplaying it won't make it go away. I am also tired of proving that this is a real thing. What can we do to put this hatred to an end?

3 minutes ago, Vera Bradley said:

I have a deep concern about the social, political, and religious climate in the USA. What really frightens me is how many people who call themselves Christians are also embracing white nationalistic ideology. Before anyone says I'm paranoid or that these people are just a fringe group, let me share where I'm coming from.

I know that not everyone on this forum supports Trump, but there has been an underlying push or assumption that if you are on Trump's side, then you are on God's side. That is scary.

Add to that the growing number of individuals in the USA who are emboldened to speak white supremacist ideas in the name of Trump while at the same time supporting much needed immigration reform. What is going on?

I have a godmother who supports Trump and at the same time has told me she is afraid of groups of black men. She has said that white men are being discriminated against. She has talked of bringing the firing squad back for liberals. I have relatives who are liberals. I wouldn't tell her that.

There are people who are angry that Obama was president for eight years, and do believe that non-white people have usurped the authority of white people. This sentiment is alive, and downplaying it won't make it go away. I am also tired of proving that this is a real thing. What can we do to put this hatred to an end?

You have not "proven" that this is the real thing.  You have made some blanket statements that are not proof of anything.  Exactly who are these "Christians" that you say are embracing white supremacy?  It is easy to claim that a wide swath of people are white supremacists, but a great deal harder to prove it.  Anyone can point to a group and say "Those people are __________," and quite frankly, it is usually Liberals who do this, day after day.  You are describing this perceived problem in the wrong terms, and not understanding the base problem that caused it.  The country is not becoming "White Supremacist."  That is not what is happening.  That is a bogus claim and it is wrong in the extreme.

• Thumbs Up 6

12 minutes ago, Vera Bradley said:

This forum isn't really for political discussion, so I'll try to minimize that. I can say, if nothing else, that racial discrimination is not supported Biblically. Not all of what is labeled as racism in this country really is, but there certain does seem to be a growing number of people who call themselves Christians who espouse racist ideology. Of course, the problem of people believing themselves to be Christian and yet not actually being, not actually living it, and just paying lip service to the faith, is nothing new.

"There are people who are angry that Obama was president for eight years, and do believe that non-white people have usurped the authority of white people."

Do you think one can't be separate from the other?

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Vera Bradley said:

What can we do to put this hatred to an end?

Nothing for the country, except pray,  and always DO HIS WORD, DO WHAT IS RIGHT ALWAYS, no matter what.

Likewise,  first actually,  for ourselves each one in Christ Jesus,  Learn His Way.  (it is perfect, even with much tribulation currently and more persecution in the near future) .

24 minutes ago, Vera Bradley said:

Sounds like you are listening to radical Leftist  conspiracy theories that have no basis in truth.   There are many African Americans who avidly support Trump.   The whole "white supremacist" canard is a lie that was pushed by the DNC and radical Leftist groups who can't really come up with an intelligent response to the election of Trump.

Our displeasure with Obama has nothing to do with color, but with his radical, Leftist policies, period.   I think you need stop listening to this nonsense you're getting from the Left and start listening to people who live in reality.

If you disagree Trump based on policy, that is one thing.   But this white nationalism nonsense is just what the Left runs on when they don't have any ideas.

• Thumbs Up 6

23 minutes ago, Vera Bradley said:

I believe people see what they want to see.  The KKK claimed to be founded in christian beliefs.  Skinheads have no biblical connections at all.  People will use what ever title they want to bolster support from certain groups, or even to disgrace certain groups.

I will have to agree with your grandmother to a point.  If you are a middle or upper class white man, you could very likely be a target of segregation.   Without using the derogatory terms, the segregation of the past is now being turned around to attack the white people.  Tough not as bad, it is happening.

You will find segregation in all races.  This is nothing new, but people today are more bold in their comments which allows all to see just how sick the world truly is.  I personally was against Obama's politics.  It would not matter to me if he was black, white, brown, red, yellow, purple, green, whatever.

As I said, people see what they want to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

Stop trying to blame the Alt-Right on President Trump. He is not a white supremacist. He is pro-American, anti illegal immigration, pro business. The Alt-left and Antifa are the ones who are bringing out all the roaches on both sides of the isle.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Vera Bradley said:

I support President Trump, and I also support nationalism.  I do not support white supremacy.  There is a big difference.  I support an America first policy.  That only makes sense, as this is the country I am a citizen of.  Each country needs to put the needs of their own citizens first.  

There is no question there has been reverse discrimination.  It is called affirmative action.  I once lost out on a job opportunity back in the 80s because I was white.  It does happen.  As much as I despise liberal ideology, a firing squad for liberals can't be taken serious.  I would imagine she was joking, like I do when I say all liberals should be stripped of their citizenship and sent to Venezuela.  I am not saying the thought of it wouldn't make me happy, but I am not seriously thinking that should be U.S. policy.  

As much as I despise the positions Obama took, and I did not vote for him either time, any citizen, black or white, that is qualified can be elected President.  As to whether or not Obama was qualified, that is another topic altogether.  I don't care if a candidate is black.  I vote for the one I agree with.  I am a huge fan of Clarence Thomas, and there are many black Americans I could support for President.  Michael Steele is someone I like, the former Lt. Governor of Maryland.  

There are white supremacists that supported Trump, as there were white supremacists that were big in the Democratic Party, like former KKK leader, Robert Byrd, the Democratic leader in the Senate in the 70s, and a man still respected by the Democratic Party.  They have roads named after him in West Virginia.  A vote is a vote as far as I am concerned.  If they want to vote for my candidate, more power to them, but the Democrats are full of racists.  Look at what Biden said about Obama, being a "clean, articulate black man."  Bill Clinton was associated with segregationists.  Each individual must be judged on their own merit, and you can't just judge all Trump supporters by the fact some are white supremacists anymore than you can claim every Democrat is a racist because they have had prominent members of their party that were KKK members and segregationists.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Butero......as one who spends considerable time in West Virginia.....you did not give sen  Byrd enough credit...every  highway, Bridge ,state park and outhouse has his name on it...lol

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Haha 2

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, Vera Bradley said:

Some pretty " underlying assumptions " of your own being pushed here . 

shadowy  " groups of black men "  ? 

Really ?   Where ?

There are plenty of circumstances where I would not want to meet up with a group of  men no matter what their color .

Exactly in what circumstance to meet up with  " groups " of a men are you speaking of ?

Could you possibly be just a little more vague and non - specific ? 

In dark alley after midnight ? at  a special Olympics event? , in a drug trafficking area ? , in a prayer meeting ? , in a gang stronghold , at a police benevolent BBQ ? 

And by the way the vast majority of white  people that I know who voted for Obama once , but not twice , where much more disappointed , disgusted , disheartened , than " angry"

that the huge , only will happen once , opportunity  for the first black president to unite was squandered by such a soulless , self consumed , empty spiritual vessel , who has not 1 / 1,000,000,000 the 

God infused spiritual reserve that Martin Luther King had in just his little toe .

• Thumbs Up 1