Vera Bradley

My Concern about Christianity Mixing with White Supremacy

Something tells me she's never going to answer.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:46 PM, Vera Bradley said:

I don't know that many will understand this. Some Christians are aware, and some aren't. And yes, I'm a seeker, a former Christian.

What I'm referring to is Empire Christianity, which is insular and rejects outsiders, which is not what Jesus was about. Christianity in America has developed a nationalistic edge that is in current times highly prized by descendants of colonists and other white citizens. But for Christians, Jesus is not the Lord of the USA only. It's either Jesus first or America first, but not both.

There is more fear and hatred toward immigrants, both legal and illegal, and there is a greater conflation between an American religion that calls itself Christianity and white nationalism and/or white supremacy. I'm sure not all Christians are carrying their beliefs out this way, but there are those who do, and the numbers are either increasing, or those people are getting louder, or both.

Does anyone not see this happening?

Hi,  

" Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.  All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.  And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.” 

Being  Christian is much more than just a label. Christian=Christ like. No need to be concerned about Christians being white power, won't happen.

• Loved it! 1

Pray for governing authorities: Yes.

America as the hope of the world: No.

There is nothing Christian about Republican/conservative ideologies and policies. There are white supremacist groups associating themselves with the Republican party and supporting the party's approach to immigration. The approach of Immigration and Customs Enforcement to deporting those illegally here has nothing to do with Christian ideals.

Likewise, there is nothing biblical about liberal/progressive ideologies and goals (same-sex marriage, abortion).

There has been a trend toward many Christians subscribing to Republican/conservative ideas without critically thinking about their implications, associations, or the founding fathers' call for separation of church and state.

Jesus never once allowed the politics of his day to influence his agenda.

The church is a apolitical no matter the nation because Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world.

Here is how Greg Boyd put it in The Myth of a Christian Nation:

"A significant segment of American evangelicalism is guilty of nationalistic and political idolatry… For some evangelicals, the kingdom of God is largely about, if not centered on, 'taking America back for God,' voting for the Christian candidate, outlawing abortion, outlawing gay marriage, winning the culture war, defending political freedom at home and abroad, keeping the phrase 'under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance, fighting for prayer in the public schools and at public events, and fighting to display the Ten Commandments in government buildings."

"Fusing together the kingdom of God with…the kingdom of the world is idolatrous…This fusion is having serious consequences for Christ’s church and for the advancement of God’s kingdom."

Vera, you're not a Christian by your own admission; therefore you're not qualified to judge the Christian faith, or its adherents. By the same token, we're free to disregard what you say.

Simple, isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Vera Bradley said:

There is nothing Christian about Republican/conservative ideologies and policies. There are white supremacist groups associating themselves with the Republican party and supporting the party's approach to immigration. The approach of Immigration and Customs Enforcement to deporting those illegally here has nothing to do with Christian ideals.

Likewise, there is nothing biblical about liberal/progressive ideologies and goals (same-sex marriage, abortion).

There has been a trend toward many Christians subscribing to Republican/conservative ideas without critically thinking about their implications, associations, or the founding fathers' call for separation of church and state.

The church is a apolitical no matter the nation because Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world.

"A significant segment of American evangelicalism is guilty of nationalistic and political idolatry… For some evangelicals, the kingdom of God is largely about, if not centered on, 'taking America back for God,' voting for the Christian candidate, outlawing abortion, outlawing gay marriage, winning the culture war, defending political freedom at home and abroad, keeping the phrase 'under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance, fighting for prayer in the public schools and at public events, and fighting to display the Ten Commandments in government buildings."

"Fusing together the kingdom of God with…the kingdom of the world is idolatrous…This fusion is having serious consequences for Christ’s church and for the advancement of God’s kingdom."

I can see by your posting style that you are not interested in actually engaging in any kind of discussion with anyone here.  You do not answer anyone's questions and you just drop posts in and then leave them unaddressed after people point out the myriad flaws in your position.  What you are supporting is Liberalism, in the form of indicting what you see as a stall in the Progressive push we saw from 2008 to 2016.  Your posts are filled with the same kind of fallacies we see from any Progressive.

As John pointed out, since you are not a Christian yourself, you have no credibility when it comes to making judgment calls about Evangelical Christians, their values, or their motives.  You don't even know what an Evangelical Christian is.  That is just a label that Progressives try and stick to something when their complete lack of any kind of actual moral values is exposed.

The Alt. Right movement is not a true Conservative movement, nor is it Christian-based.  It is quasi conservatives grasping at someone else's coat tails.  Perhaps you could explain to all of us here exactly how abortion and gay marriage benefits society as a whole.  You certainly cannot make a case for either action being beneficial to society from a Christian standpoint, and there is also no real credible way to make an argument in favor of either action, even from a secular standpoint.  Want to give it a try?  Or do you have a set script that you cannot deviate from . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Vera Bradley said:

I wanted to comment on the above statement "outlawing gay marriage."

Many in California are not Christians, however we voted against gay marriage twice....and we won that vote both times.   However, the gays and liberals took the matter to court twice, and got our vote overturned!!    

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/8/2018 at 12:09 PM, Vera Bradley said:

I have a deep concern about the social, political, and religious climate in the USA. What really frightens me is how many people who call themselves Christians are also embracing white nationalistic ideology. Before anyone says I'm paranoid or that these people are just a fringe group, let me share where I'm coming from.

I know that not everyone on this forum supports Trump, but there has been an underlying push or assumption that if you are on Trump's side, then you are on God's side. That is scary.

Add to that the growing number of individuals in the USA who are emboldened to speak white supremacist ideas in the name of Trump while at the same time supporting much needed immigration reform. What is going on?

I have a godmother who supports Trump and at the same time has told me she is afraid of groups of black men. She has said that white men are being discriminated against. She has talked of bringing the firing squad back for liberals. I have relatives who are liberals. I wouldn't tell her that.

There are people who are angry that Obama was president for eight years, and do believe that non-white people have usurped the authority of white people. This sentiment is alive, and downplaying it won't make it go away. I am also tired of proving that this is a real thing. What can we do to put this hatred to an end?

Re; white supr.

"White Supremacy" rhetoric was devised by the UN, what we call today the NWO. 

Re: UN/Beast out of the Sea plan as described in Rev. description

Frankfurt School of Marxism

They control what we learn with their introduction of the Frankfurt school's anti-marxist cultural marxism teachings here in the USA post 1930's (just google 'cultural marxism' and "frankfurt school', plenty of literature out on this topic and how it affects Christians, though note: I am seeing such articles recently pulled from google.  Try 'duckduckgo' too for search engine alternative these days)). 

Mark of Beast on those who worship this plan

The Bible refers to the 'Mark" of the Beast.  God revealed to me that this is cultural marxism ideology that people adopts as their faith, as in the "Marx" of the Beast system. 

Example 

I have witnessed this occur to one Christian friend that turned from her faith after teaching common core and adopting their ideology.  She turn from her Church (quote "doesn't attend anymore or take her children there) now.  It is system of soul death to learn this science based faith, ie. common core teachings, sports like football that develop the hive mind and sex teachings that pervert the children from youth (to name a few facets of this new anti-God religion).

They, the UN people,  introduced the ideas that rule over people's mindsets today, rather than follow God's Bible teachings.

Racism/white supremacy teachings destroys Christianity

All references to white supremacy and racism evolved not as a way to help people co-exist, by these controllers, but as a way to drive a wedge between everyone on earth and destroy both Christianity and the white culture that has adopted it as its faith.  White culture destruction is their goal.

Hence any use of these terms is anti-scripture, in my book.  That includes calls of racism.  As every tribe has an agenda for self preservation so that is now something the UN uses against anyone, it decides to alienate from the press, in education, in the medical fields and so on. 

Finish

With the UN introduction of corporations into the USA beginning with the take over of the USA financial systems with their blatant take over of US currency with the Federal Reserve, ie. a private corporation which is not a part of US treasury or USA interests and is owned by foreign interests who also rule over the the UN system producing all USA propaganda, such a these ideas. 

UN

It is at its height right now, but is quickly falling as God wields his power against it, as the Book of Revelation forewarned.  Google "Federal Reserve" and "Conspiracy" for that evidence that it is a corrupt system of control over USA sovereignty.  The UN Federal reserve system is a white culture control mechanism. 

Again the term 'conspiracy' is another UN tool of division.  We use to call it just news.

The Bible refers to this period as the 7 years of Jacob's troubles.  Also as the time of a strong delusion (ie. cultural marxism teachings is one example of this delusion).  

The Bible refers to them, the UN/NWO as "the Beast out of the Sea".

Quote :They worshipped the dragon because it had given authority to the beast. They also worshipped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can fight a war with it?” The beast was allowed[b] to speak arrogant and blasphemous things, and it was given authority for 42 months." Rev. 13:4-5.

Edited by eileenhat

Christian middle-America &  many Evangelicals supported Donald Trump because they believe in GOD, Family and Country , & no to abortions--all which was what Trump Campaigned on which is why he got Christian support.  The lefty Progressives do not share the same values as the hardcore true Christians so they are trying to stigmatize Christians in the Public Arena by attempting to associate them with white supremacist groups. Of course, this is a very old and false accusation, which was used as a strategy by the progressive left and perpetuated by the Left biased progressive Mainstream media towards all the Trump supporters during the Campaign.  

Various radical Leftist trouble makers would sneak into the Trump Rallies & trying to cause physical altercations of one sort or another & would smash eggs in Trump supporters faces of women or men OR try to punch out anyone wearing a Red GO TRUMP or MAGA hat and shouting their phony hate-filled justification that they physically assaulted someone only because Trump's supporters deserved it because they  were White Supremacists or Nazis , which was a lie.

This is a purposeful political strategy & it is what totalitarian fascist Left ideologues do, they fabricate slander & market a big ugly lie about their most feared opposition- then they continue to spread and multiply the character assassinations in order to establish false negative associations in the public arena against their enemy - Christians.  Barack Hussein Obama claimed fundamental Christianity was equally dangerous radical group & put them on the same list as Isis  but , he made the term Jihad be removed from the training manuals to fight against Terrorism -go figure?  Hillary also attacked evangelical Christianity during her campaign.    

This fabricated lying attack of the Left continues to attempt to associate Christians with White Supremacist groups or as a radical group but it is deceitful & an attempt to ostracize them & paint them as racist monsters. News flash -Christianity isn't one race or ethnic group & it seems insulting to all the Christian brothers & sisters of every color to insinuate that. Christianity's teaching is that of one human race all equally sinful all needing a Savior and anyone who repents & believes with Faith in Jesus becomes equally Saved & members of one heavenly family in Christ.  

It is so tiresome that some are still trying to beat the old divisive drum.    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1