• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Passion of the christ.

Most of the passion if the Christ was his crucifixion. Nothing wrong with that but I like The Jesus Film because it went through his earthly ministry as well. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I do not have a favorite "Jesus"movie. I hardly have a favorite movie, though I liked Sargent York.

Of movies that are depictions of ancient time periods, I do enjoy attempts at reveal of the struggles by men for survival of Godly principles against evils of many kinds that are all fostered by the minions of satan the father of evil. I enjoy them for the settings the gathering of information  to project on screen the physical setting and social climate that may have existed at the time of the story itself.

But blue eyed blond Jesus movies, no. They seem more irritation than anything else, though they too depict what  was historically potted and glazed in art forms of antiquity. I spent much enjoyable time at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts looking at the pottery and glazed mini staues and figurines depicting the last supper. Some of it got pretty funny looking, a 1400's representation had a joyous scene of men on various stools at a table one very fat another thin and a light skin Jesus with sparkling hair. All in the shadow of some art being restored, that is a depiction of the body of Jesus being prepared for burial, a very dark portrayal that brings eager seeking of the reality of what God has done for his own. Yet another of the same art form had a very Asian looking warrior group with leather helmets at the table that made me think of the treks of the so called barbarians to war. All very interesting in that it projects what  the mind of a person was seeing of God fromthe presentations of priests and readers of the few scripts that were available to them. The cultures were different but there was a commonality too.

It all makes me want to hone my own very limited and narrow view from my mind's eye. Perhaps then even a bad movie serves God's good purpose.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I favor images instead of motionpictures. Ones that tell stories of intense drama of hope  verses fear  or reality versus the imagined.

One of my favorite images is The Fog Warning  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Weston_Benson#/media/File:Winslow_Homer_-_The_Fog_Warning_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

The man of the sea with his success his huge catch food aplenty and all he has to do is row ever so far with it back to the ship a dot on a sea. Fog is coming in fast, he could be lost at sea with his catch if he cannot make the row in time to the ship of safety .Does he have the strength the endurance? Will he take the risk? Or must  he abandon his catch to other creatures of the sea  in order to make light his dingy, increasing hope he will make it fast to safety of the mother ship.

That is the kind of imagery that brings the word of the Bible  to me for comparison and answer. Will he finish the race well? The putting of Bible precept  to life's needs and struggle.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Passion of the Christ.  There is a new one coming out that follows His Resurrection.   Jim (not sure how to spell his last name and I don't want to butcher it) is again playing Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

The new film is called "Paul, Apostle of Christ".  Jim Caviezel who played Jesus in "The Passion of the Christ" is playing Luke.

Supposedly, it's about Paul in a Roman prison the second time and Luke visiting him and wanting to get all of the facts written down about Paul's life and more for the book of Acts.  He gets some of his other letters out and encourages Paul and the film is also about Paul's history with the early church, I suppose in flashbacks.

I don't think Mel Gibson has anything to do with this film, but don't quote me on that.

An actor named Faulkner is playing the older Paul in prison and I don't know who is playing the young Saul/Paul.

Edited to add:  OK, heres a link that might tell you more.  http://variety.com/2017/film/news/james-faulkner-jim-caviezel-olivier-martinez-star-paul-apostle-of-christ-1202550703/

Edited by Jayne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Jayne you are correct about the film called "Paul, Apostle of Christ" I don't know if Gibson is involved in this movie or not.  I was talking about the movie The Passion of The Christ - Resurrection that is currently described as "in progress" it does sound like both Mel Gibson and Randall Wallace will be involved in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, listener24 said:

(mine is one called "the Gospel of John")

for me it's a toss up between this and the Jesus Film.   The gospel of John is based on the Book of John, and as I remember the Jesus Film was based on the Book of Luke.    My daughter spent several years in Campus Crusade so I've seen the Jesus Film a lot more....    We got copies at production cost and I can't even begin to count the number I've given away....    I gave my last VHS cassettes to some churches late last year.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

King Of Kings