• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, LTank7 said:

Hey everyone! I think I might have scrupolosity.  I do not know wether something is a sin or not. For example when I

I am doing my homework, If one little part of a letter is messed up I will erase it and restart. I will think that It is not glorifying God. I will also think little things like playing my Nintendo switch or watching bike videos on YouTube are sins. I know I need to be diagnosed but I can't at the moment. Please help!

Also should I abstain from eating

if my stomach is not growling/ hurting? I will also doubt everything I do because in Romans it says if you doubt something and do it, it is a sin

P.S. the bike videos have no cursing.

This is a good read on OCD, if you think this is really your problem. I am not sure of your situation though since I do not know much details.

https://www.gotquestions.org/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-OCD.html

I would suggest to stud Word of God more. You would realize that legalism has no place in a believer's life. We have complete and tool liberty in Christ. At the same time we are His slaves.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

19 hours ago, LTank7 said:

Hey everyone! I think I might have scrupolosity.  I do not know wether something is a sin or not. For example when I

I am doing my homework, If one little part of a letter is messed up I will erase it and restart. I will think that It is not glorifying God. I will also think little things like playing my Nintendo switch or watching bike videos on YouTube are sins. I know I need to be diagnosed but I can't at the moment. Please help!

if my stomach is not growling/ hurting? I will also doubt everything I do because in Romans it says if you doubt something and do it, it is a sin

As long as you are doing your hobbies and eating in moderation, I don't think you should worry so much.  You can watch some good videos sometimes as a hobby.  Also, you don't need to wait until your stomach growls or hurts to eat.    As Ravindran mentioned, you don't want to fall into legalism.

Also, about your homework, it seems you just want your work to be presentable...and that is nothing to worry about.    Relax....the Lord loves you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 2/9/2018 at 9:45 AM, LTank7 said:

You sound like you have one of the OCD problems. I know they give even young kids meds for this nowadays, I urge you to avoid meds. I'd like you to get someone you trust to speak with you on a weekly basis. You may think, what good can talking do? If you find the right person (for you) talking can change your life. How do I know? Because when I was 18 I did it. I was depressed, since I was 6 no less, I always thought of suicide, I was unable to relate to other kids, even when they liked me. Doc's didn't medicate kids in my day so I medicated myself. Over 2 yrs I got much worse. I finally was told of a young (30 or so) psychologist who specialized in helping good kids who's life went wrong. You're a good kid too otherwise you wouldn't even do homework. I resisted going to this man for 6 months. Finally I went and I almost laughed at him because all he was going to do was talk to me. I wanted a drug, kinda like a magic pill that would make me better overnight. If you were my brother or son I'd resist them giving you meds. But you do need someone to talk to weekly. You aren't sinning playing Nintendo nor watching bike videos. Also you should eat 3 or 4 times a day, small meals may be best. If you keep starving yourself before you eat you may give yourself a stomach problem. The growling means your stomach has plenty of digestive juices. Eat, if you don't you can get an ulcer. They hurt, I had them. Let me tell you something all adults figure out. Every teenager in the world has doubts and feels confused. In Romans Paul is speaking to adults, and probably ones into many sins. Ancient Rome was a bad place.

Since you're a religious person maybe a local church has a counselor you can talk to. They usually aren't as expensive as other kinds. There is something new and I don't know how good this is. There are now counselors that you text instead of speaking to. I think it's very cheap and you can contact the person several times a day. So maybe if you're doing homework and you get side tracked on 1 letter, as you explained, you can text your counselor and he/she might be able to get you back to the actual homework. Unfortunately I forgot what they call this. Try googling Therapy by Text, or Text your Counselor.

Finally, I agree don't be so hard on yourself. Right now is a hard time to be growing up. It was never easy, but today is harder than when I was in school.