Wayne222

My own pizza !

Who likes to eat pizza? Well I have eaten a lot of different pizza in my time.

As a kid my brother work in a bronx pizzeria . I grew up in da Bronx. Theres more pizza places in NY then anywhere. In fact the place where my brother work was called Veras. The very best of the best pizza.

My brother also blew up Veras pizzeria.  Not on purpose but he waited too long to light the oven while the gas was on. 

Boom the whole place was destroyed. My grandma who we called Nana said when she heard the explosion sai to my grandfather that must be Tommy. She was right. So my brother destroyed the best pizza place in all of New York.

Just wishing 46 years later that I could have just one little slice of Veras pizza just one more time.

So tonight I made my own pizza thing. Very easy I took Texas toast four pieces put them in the oven. When they were almost done. Took them out. 

My favorite tomato sauce is olive garden. It's not pizza sauce but better. And for cheese I used Sargebto sharp cheddar. I prefer cheddar instead of mozzarella. 

So I added the tomato sauce and  a thin slice of sharp cheddar on each of the bread. 

Put it back in the oven till done. Smells wonderful.  Taste even better. Brethren try my pizza for yourself. It's really good and quick to make.

The good old days. Still wish I had a slice of Veras pizza !

• Loved it! 2

2 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Who likes to eat pizza? Well I have eaten a lot of different pizza in my time.

As a kid my brother work in a bronx pizzeria . I grew up in da Bronx. Theres more pizza places in NY then anywhere. In fact the place where my brother work was called Veras. The very best of the best pizza.

My brother also blew up Veras pizzeria.  Not on purpose but he waited too long to light the oven while the gas was on. 

Boom the whole place was destroyed. My grandma who we called Nana said when she heard the explosion sai to my grandfather that must be Tommy. She was right. So my brother destroyed the best pizza place in all of New York.

Just wishing 46 years later that I could have just one little slice of Veras pizza just one more time.

So tonight I made my own pizza thing. Very easy I took Texas toast four pieces put them in the oven. When they were almost done. Took them out. 

My favorite tomato sauce is olive garden. It's not pizza sauce but better. And for cheese I used Sargebto sharp cheddar. I prefer cheddar instead of mozzarella. 

So I added the tomato sauce and  a thin slice of sharp cheddar on each of the bread. 

Put it back in the oven till done. Smells wonderful.  Taste even better. Brethren try my pizza for yourself. It's really good and quick to make.

The good old days. Still wish I had a slice of Veras pizza !

Gee, thanks a lot, now you got me thinking about my favorite pizza!

The best pizza in my humble opinion, you either love em or hate em, is Imo's St. Louis style pizza. Now I'm hundreds of miles away from the closest IMO's. This living in the sticks does have a few disadvantages I guess. We make our own maybe once a month, but the pizza sauce and cheese is just not the same. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is what I want to try. An authentic Chicago deep dish pizza. I probably will not get that experience. We have the New York style thin pizza crust restaurants around here but no Chicago deep dish.

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

This is what I want to try. An authentic Chicago deep dish pizza. I probably will not get that experience. We have the New York style thin pizza crust restaurants around here but no Chicago deep dish.

image.jpg

As someone who lives in the same state as Chicago... I will say they are good but messy?

38 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

image.jpg

Looks good and thick. Never had Chicago pizza. I wonder how diffrent the taste is.

43 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

The best pizza in my humble opinion, you either love em or hate em, is Imo's St. Louis style pizza. Now I'm hundreds of miles away from the closest IMO's. This living in the sticks does have a few disadvantages I guess. We make our own maybe once a month, but the pizza sauce and cheese is just not the same. 

I bet your pizza is good. I guess all towns have there own style of pizza.

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Imo's huh? I looked it up. It looks like the cracker thin crust pizza. We have a couple of those places around here. I live deep in the country on 10 acres but I like it. Even though it takes 15 to 20 minutes to get anywhere. I think it beats living in town. And unfortunately many are moving out here to the country. The stars at night are very bright and beautiful out here.

21 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Looks good and thick. Never had Chicago pizza. I wonder how diffrent the taste is.

From people I have talked to that have lived in Chicago or have had the pizza I hear it is amazing.

1 hour ago, SkilletFan said:

As someone who lives in the same state as Chicago... I will say they are good but messy?

You just need to wear one of these.

italian-pizza-bib-1.gif.jpg