zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

1.Do angels still appear in dreams?I am not sure.

2.Do you believe in faith healing?

3.Does the bible talk about ghosts?

4.Does the bible talk about stigmata?

5.Does the bible talk about the shroud of turin?

6.Do you believe in apparition appearances from mary? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1.  Angels in dreams?  I know someone who sees demons in dreams.  They are fallen angels.

2.  No I don't believe in faith healing.  I do believe that God heals.

3.  Yes, although some versions use the word spirit instead, e.g. the Holy Spirit.

4.  It speaks of Thomas refusing to believe that Christ had arisen unless he saw the nail prints in His hands and spear mark in His side.  

5.  No the bible does not talk about the shroud of turin.  While it was from the same era, it has nothing to do with Christ but of someone else who was crucified.  I can't remember exactly why scientists came to that conclusion.  

6.  No I believe that any apparition appearances of Mary are demonic because they lead people away from Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

4 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

I won't give a hard core no on that.  But I'll say I don't know why they would.  With the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the canonization of the Bible, we can go directly to God via his word and as saved people, via the Holy Spirit.  Old Testament people, not having the scriptures or the indwelling of the Holy Spirit relied on God speaking to them via angels, visions, directly, and other ways.

In terms of praying to God alone and/or with others and/or having the faithful brothers and sister in in your church lay hands on you, yes.  Do I believe in the "money for miracles" fake faith healing on TV?  Absolutely not.  

Well, it certainly uses the word ghost - ALOT.  "Giving up the ghost" is used in the Old and New Testament to mean "to die".  But that doesn't mean that the spirit of the dead person hangs around.  It just mean your body and spirit are separated and since the Bible says "it is appointed for man once to die and then the judgment", our immortal spirits when leaving our bodies do not remain here on earth.  The "Holy Ghost" is discussed quite a lot.

There is one occasion where people claimed to have "seen" a ghost in the Bible, but they were wrong.  When Jesus was walking on the water towards the disciples on the raging sea, they saw him and said, "It is a ghost!".  Jesus corrected them.  Jesus was not a ghost then or was he a ghost when he walked through walls after his resurrection.  

Ghosts, as a concept of the spirits of dead people living here and haunting people, is not in the Bible. 

No.  there is no such thing as human beings, saved or not, having their hands, feet, and side spontaneously to start bleeding like the wounds of Christ.  Some believe the Bible does speak of it when Paul said the he "bore the marks of Jesus on his body."  That's not what he was talking about at the end of Galatians.  He said for "no one else to trouble him" because his body was evidence enough with scars from being stoned, beaten and left for dead, snakebit, shipwrecked, adrift at sea, "countless" beatings including lashes and rods.   Paul was saying, "I've scarred over and over and over for the cause of Christ."  No stigmata there.

No.  It speak of "a" shroud that Jospeh wrapped Jesus in when he and Nicodemus took Jesus down and buried him.  There are too many inconsistencies with the famous one for it to be the actual one.

No.  Mary is dead and gone.  She - the REAL Mary - appears to no one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I want to answer question 4 (the stigmata) because last year I noticed something in Galatians I never noticed before. I wasn't looking for anything on the stigmata, I just noticed this. It's ch 6:17, I was reading the NIV and apparently some people were challenging Paul as an apostle. Here's the verse in NIV but you need to read the whole chapter.  "17 From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus." I wondered what Paul meant by the marks of Jesus so using Biblegateway I looked up this verse in many other translations. One translation, TLV, the Tree of Life version had a footnote for marks. The footnote said that word in Greek is Stigmata. It also implied that the Greek word stigmata can be translated as scars in English. I found this very interesting and before we jump to conclusions let's remember Satan causes counterfeits of everything God does. Most cases of the stigmata are probably counterfeits but not all of them. Certainly not with the apostle Paul. This is food for thought.

I was raised Catholic but left at 18 and never went back. Nevertheless, I've known some some very Godly Catholics. I distinguish between the Catholic religion and the Catholic people. The only church in my area is Catholic but I can't attend it. I've tried several times since it's all there is. But I walk in look at all the statues and I just wish they were smashed down. But the latest thing that keeps me away is that pope Francis had the gall to change homosexuality from a sin to something that's ok. He doesn't have that right. God declared homosexuality a sin and even when God allowed concubines so He could populate the earth God never allowed sex between people of the same gender. In the OT God would call this a detestable practice. So I can't cotton to the Catholic religion but many Catholic people love the Lord and I think Galatians 6:17 proves sometimes the stigmata are real. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

On 2/10/2018 at 3:16 PM, zorgblar said:

yes

Yes and not in a good way. 

No

No

I believe people saw something. I do not believe it is anything good. I think it is a deception. 

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

On 2/10/2018 at 10:16 PM, zorgblar said:

1. Yes. 2 Yes. Healing via Holy Spirit. 3. Holy Ghost and Samuel. 4. Yeshua had them, Saul maybe. 5. No. Just His robe. 6. Mary apparitions are most likely demonic.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 2/11/2018 at 9:16 AM, zorgblar said:

Well the Holy Bible gives accounts of Angels appearing to people in dreams.. But the question is do they still appear?  Maybe, But the question is why would they appear?  You know there are fallen angels that masquerade as Angels of Light...  Since we have Gods Holy Spirit with us in these times.. The question is why would God need to send an Angel to us in a dream?

I believe that the power of God can come through a Christian and cause someone to be healed.. I disagree with the word ""faith"" being used as in Faith healing.. It gives the impression that it is the power of the healer or the healed because of their faith that a healing takes place... I believe any healing that happens happens by the power of God 100% ...

No.. Ghosts are believed to be demons masquerading as the spirits of dead people.. It is a way to lead people into deception..

No..

The Holy Bible declares that Jesus was wrapped in a shroud when he was placed in the tomb.. But the shroud of turin has been tested and it is believed it was a fake produced in the middle ages..  I di not believe the shroud of turin is authentic..

No..  

Edited by Adstar

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, JTC said:

IHere's the verse in NIV but you need to read the whole chapter.  "17 From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

I think Galatians 6:17 proves sometimes the stigmata are real. 

JTC, the letter of Galatians, is a very harsh letter from Paul.  It's one of the most harshest things you can read in the Bible.  Paul said much less than this and was stoned for it and beaten for it.

My opinion is that when Paul finishes this letter and said, "Don't anyone trouble me now, for I bear on my body the marks of Christ" that he is saying,  - if you want to come to me and beat me over this, don't bother - I've already taken the worst.

I'm anxious to see the new movie about Paul that is coming out.  Whoever plays Paul near his death should not be a handsome actor.  Paul suffered physical burdens untold and I'm sure his body was very scarred from the beatings with both rods and whips, being stoned and left for dead, and so much more.

In fact, when the Lord calls for Ananias to heal Paul of his blindness when Paul gets saved and baptized. he tells Ananais that he, the Lord, is going to have to tell Paul how much he [Paul] is going to have to suffer for his Name.  Paul had an adventuresome life, but also was brutally abused and bore more scars from that than we could know.

My opinion is that Paul is not speaking of him bearing any type of stigmata.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I didn't hear about a movie about Paul. Is this a movie in the theaters or a TV movie? I hope it's a TV movie because I never get to the theaters anymore. Do you know the name of the movie?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

12 minutes ago, JTC said:

I didn't hear about a movie about Paul. Is this a movie in the theaters or a TV movie? I hope it's a TV movie because I never get to the theaters anymore. Do you know the name of the movie?

I think they are talking about the follow up movie "The Passion of Christ".   It has the potential of being really good.