• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 2/13/2018 at 12:46 PM, other one said:

I think they are talking about the follow up movie "The Passion of Christ".   It has the potential of being really good.

Thanks, I have heard of that. But if it has subtitles like the original I can forget it. Ever since I developed the cataracts I have a hard time reading. I'd like to see a movie based on the book of Acts.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/10/2018 at 6:16 PM, zorgblar said:

1.Do angels still appear in dreams?I am not sure.

2.Do you believe in faith healing?

3.Does the bible talk about ghosts?

4.Does the bible talk about stigmata?

5.Does the bible talk about the shroud of turin?

6.Do you believe in apparition appearances from mary? 

1) Do angels appear in dreams? Its not unheard of for God/angels to communicate in some way through dreams, but where you have bibles and churches within easy reach God prefers to speak to people through them.

2) If you are talking about those lying fools on TV like Benny hinn or whomever then no, I guarantee they are all frauds. And you dont have to go to a so called "faith healer" actually, you just ask God yourself. But God does hear prayers for healing, and can heal miraculously where medical intervention is ineffective when it be His will (and for reasons known only to Him it isnt always his will) or God will lead you to a good doctor.

3) The bible does mention ghosts only in the sense that the apostles seeing Jesus walking on water at first thought it was a spirit of some sorts. But there are no ghosts in the way people understand them. No spirits of dead loved ones or whatever. They are all demons.

4. NO. Stigmata, something only experienced by Catholics are a demonic attack, not a "gift of God" as they wrongly believe.

5? No, save for a passing mention of the graveclothes being left behind in John 20:6-7

6. NO. God does not ever send the dead to speak to the living. Mary apparitions are all demons. Apparitions of any saints are all demons. There are only two exceptions to this, ONE where God allows the Witch of Endor to raise Samuel, TWO, the Transfiguration on the Mount where the apostles saw Jesus speaking to Moses and Elijah and even then the apostles were put to sleep so they could not speak to them and were allowed only a brief glimpse of them before they disappeared. 

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, JTC said:

Thanks, I have heard of that. But if it has subtitles like the original I can forget it. Ever since I developed the cataracts I have a hard time reading. I'd like to see a movie based on the book of Acts.

when you get on medicare and a supliment, they will take care of your cataracts for you.     Had fix on both eyes a bit over a year ago....   I couldn't believe the difference in my sight.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

10 hours ago, other one said:

when you get on medicare and a supliment, they will take care of your cataracts for you.     Had fix on both eyes a bit over a year ago....   I couldn't believe the difference in my sight.

Hi OO,  I have Medicare I also have Medicaid. I went to an eye surgeon last May. I'm sure you know this an out patient procedure and they do 1 eye at a time. The Dr. takes my insurance, let me explain the problem. I was told the surgery center where he does it will insist someone accompany me there and back. I don't have anyone. I know this sounds hard to believe but it's true. The person has to come in and they prefer to person wait for me. Last June there was a company that would send someone with me at the rate of $20 an hour. They charge portal to portal so I estimate 6 hrs if nothing goes wrong. The Dr. is pretty sure nothing will go wrong. I guess he does a lot of these. Last June I had a wonderful cousin who was willing to pay the fee. She took health very serious. Then, completely unexpected, before I could even schedule the surgery my cousin passed away. I wasn't too worried because cataracts are not a life or death issue. But since last June they have gotten much worse. My vision is always blurry as if I just woke up. I honestly don't think the Dr. or his staff believe I don't have anyone to come with me. Almost needless to say, just telling you this makes me very depressed. I keep hoping God will take me but I'm coming to the conclusion that God doesn't like it if we ask for death. I guess to God it shows no faith. 

Btw, the cousin who was going to help me also had cataract surgery and she said what you did. It improves the vision so much it's amazing. I just keep hoping God will provide a solution because my SSD is so little I can't even save $20 a month.

Thanks for being concerned.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

53 minutes ago, JTC said:

God doesn't like it if we ask for death.

Well,  there was a prophet ( a famous one in the Bible) who asked for death ,  I think so anyway,  and YHVH provided a prophet to replace him......  (this is just from memory,  so I'm not sure of the details ) ......

For what it is worth,  maybe just interesting reading

do an internet search if you can - I just did , being curious, and was amazed what some of the apparently licensed eye clinics are claiming .....

search terms >>> how to dissolve cataracts  .....

even just for information ,  not to take any action.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  2

Elijah asked for death, and his replacement was Elisha.