• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/01/1961

16 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Lesley.....I know exactly where you are coming from.For five years I essentially sat on the bed and stared st the floor.Depression is not sadness.Depression is like being dead.Everything pleasurable in your life means nothing anymore.If one has not lived it—- they don’t understand it.Well intentioned people think if you go out in your front yard and do jumping jacks everything will be fine.Doesnt work that way.My Depression came on very slowly , but vanished quite suddenly.Never give up hope.EVERYTHING can change in a day.It was a combination of finding the right drugs and hanging on to faith.Nothing is more important than prayer and I believe the prayers of others was involved in my cure. I am adding my prayers to the many people of faith in this site.   “ blessed ones GO THROUGH valleys of weeping”   God bless you

pleasurable

Wow I am rejoicing for you...your depression has disappeared!!  I know what that is like when I am mildly manic!!  

I am starting to exercise; I know it has helped in the past...eating right is hard for just one person on a really  tight budget!

i love your statement never give up and everything can change in a day (you had me in tears).  I know life can change on a dime and that faith plays a major role; why is faith so complex yet Jesus says it’s simple?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members

17 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Lesley.....I know exactly where you are coming from.For five years I essentially sat on the bed and stared st the floor.Depression is not sadness.Depression is like being dead.Everything pleasurable in your life means nothing anymore.If one has not lived it—- they don’t understand it.Well intentioned people think if you go out in your front yard and do jumping jacks everything will be fine.Doesnt work that way.My Depression came on very slowly , but vanished quite suddenly.Never give up hope.EVERYTHING can change in a day.It was a combination of finding the right drugs and hanging on to faith.Nothing is more important than prayer and I believe the prayers of others was involved in my cure. I am adding my prayers to the many people of faith in this site.   “ blessed ones GO THROUGH valleys of weeping”   God bless you

pleasurable

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

Why is faith so complex yet Jesus says it’s simple?

In the early 1970s, I read a classic book called The Threefold Secret of the Holy Spirit (put out by Moody Press), and it really simplified the Christian Life and walk for me.

Basically, #1 is:  repentance

#2 is:  being yielded to Christ (walking with Him, abiding in Him)

Finally, #3 is: Christian love.

The above was a great help to me in living the Christian life as I prefer to have a simple faith.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

Well now that I have opened up to you...please pray for me.  I need it

You got it. I have a friend on here, 'heleadethme' do you know her? She has perhaps some thoughts that you might find of benefit.

You mention what may be 'generational' issues. Not surprising. I have know of some first hand. Do you have anyone you might trust with this kind of thing? It is shunned in our modern church that feels it it too enlightened to deal with this kind of thing - especially if they are cessationalists. Largely, we are too materialistic and the spiritual world is just for TV and weirdos. Demonically inspired sects have done a really good job of discrediting Holy Spirit. Nevertheless, He is still there for the finding in spite of mankind's doctrinal waywardness.

There is freedom for you when you find that place. I see that the Lord High God is raising up a few of these ministries - they are few and far between. Take care that you do not fall in with counterfeits. But first port of call would be Passion for Truth Ministries. You might email them. They are sound.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

Wow I am rejoicing for you...your depression has disappeared!!  I know what that is like when I am mildly manic!!  

I am starting to exercise; I know it has helped in the past...eating right is hard for just one person on a really  tight budget!

i love your statement never give up and everything can change in a day (you had me in tears).  I know life can change on a dime and that faith plays a major role; why is faith so complex yet Jesus says it’s simple?

I am glad you benefited from my post...your kind reply meant more to me than you will ever know.Faith need not be complex. Faith is a gift from God and if you have enough faith to believe that Jesus paid the price for your sins and that He bodily rose from the grave,you have enough faith to be saved.That is a promise from God.Believing the promises of God is what faith is.The same One that gave you that faith to believe on HisSon will test your faith from time to time to see that it matures.It is all His doing because He will finish the good work in you that He started.The faith walk is not complex.Its just not easy all the time, but God will give you no more than you can handle.His Holy Spirit in you will gradually transform you into the image of His Son. If you do your part....simply trust Him.....He will do His part , the transforming part.Yes, Faith is not easy—— but at least it is possible....Law keeping is not possible and God made it that way on purpose.The impossible system of keeping the Law to save you or keep you saved is what God calls “perverting His Gospel” and will damn many of the souls you see in here.....RUN, don’t walk from such types.....How are we to live?  The JUST shall LIVE by FAITH!.........not by law-keeping, despite ones best intentions......legalism sounds good to man,it appeals to his pride. It has its roots in Satan....it is VERY subtle.Sorry , I did not mean to go for so long....I just get carried away sometimes...lol.Please take these things to heart, as I will be praying for you ever day. God bless

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I am glad you benefited from my post...your kind reply meant more to me than you will ever know.Faith need not be complex. Faith is a gift from God and if you have enough faith to believe that Jesus paid the price for your sins and that He bodily rose from the grave,you have enough faith to be saved.That is a promise from God.Believing the promises of God is what faith is.The same One that gave you that faith to believe on HisSon will test your faith from time to time to see that it matures.It is all His doing because He will finish the good work in you that He started.The faith walk is not complex.Its just not easy all the time, but God will give you no more than you can handle.His Holy Spirit in you will gradually transform you into the image of His Son. If you do your part....simply trust Him.....He will do His part , the transforming part.Yes, Faith is not easy—— but at least it is possible....Law keeping is not possible and God made it that way on purpose.The impossible system of keeping the Law to save you or keep you saved is what God calls “perverting His Gospel” and will damn many of the souls you see in here.....RUN, don’t walk from such types.....How are we to live?  The JUST shall LIVE by FAITH!.........not by law-keeping, despite ones best intentions......legalism sounds good to man,it appeals to his pride. It has its roots in Satan....it is VERY subtle.Sorry , I did not mean to go for so long....I just get carried away sometimes...lol.Please take these things to heart, as I will be praying for you ever day. God bless

That you again for your caring post and for your prayers!!  They mean more than you can know.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 2/10/2018 at 10:32 PM, LeslieAnn said:

My major depression has turned into deep discouragement and frustration which I’ve been fighting for 38 yrs.  It has been affecting my spiritual walk with Christ within the past two weeks.   I am just getting so tired of fighting.  I am on medication and see an excellent doctor but I have no desire to do anything...I will sit on my couch for hours and not accomplish anything.  I need a job and have no motivation to pursue one.  My heart & body hurt ?over this.  I am just so tired and frustrated.  This depression is such a major bondage that I don’t understand why God is allowing it?  I have asked over and over that He take this away.  I don’t know if my heart can take anymore.

I’m right there with you on this. I’m battling it to for various reasons. I just keep thinking.....when Am I going to have my breakthrough? It’s so hard when you are depressed and anxious all the time, it makes it hard to think positive and trust God. I’ll put you in my prayers. *sigh* although that hasn’t been going well either. 

• Praying! 1

10 hours ago, Aba said:

I’m right there with you on this. I’m battling it to for various reasons. I just keep thinking.....when Am I going to have my breakthrough? It’s so hard when you are depressed and anxious all the time, it makes it hard to think positive and trust God. I’ll put you in my prayers. *sigh* although that hasn’t been going well either. 

I appreciate your response so much on my post.  Empathy is so important for other human beings.  We may or may not understand the depth of pain people go thru but we can always respond with empathy rather than judgement...that would be Christ’s response.  I look at mental illness as a passageway to demonic oppression/possession.  I have seen it and experienced it.  My friend, I appreciate just a prayer, a single prayer, for it means so much!!  May God bless you on your journey to healing!

• Praying! 1