• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/01/1961

My major depression has turned into deep discouragement and frustration which I’ve been fighting for 38 yrs.  It has been affecting my spiritual walk with Christ within the past two weeks.   I am just getting so tired of fighting.  I am on medication and see an excellent doctor but I have no desire to do anything...I will sit on my couch for hours and not accomplish anything.  I need a job and have no motivation to pursue one.  My heart & body hurt ?over this.  I am just so tired and frustrated.  This depression is such a major bondage that I don’t understand why God is allowing it?  I have asked over and over that He take this away.  I don’t know if my heart can take anymore.

• Praying! 5

I am not turning away from God and we all have repentance to do everyday.  I just happen to like psychology and there are great CHRISTIAN psychologists whom I have seen and currently seeing.  That is not the issue that I am in error for I am Christian in psychology.  

During the past two weeks I have had a slight change in medication.  It becomes very difficult to stay focused during your devotions and prayer when you are in mental torment and fear.  This is more a mental issue than spiritual issue.  I can do so much more with my life however I am bound by this.

Hope this helps.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Shrinkism is the tip of a very ugly iceberg of frustration and chasing your tail. Founded by occultism and based on their Jungian and Freudian misapprehension of humans without spirits it is not surprising. Modern shrink stuff just puts the spin on the old Gnostic stuff.

If you ditch you psycho-heresy and focus on the scriptures - all of them. You might find yourself out of that box you find yourself in. Shrinks want you to vortex to the beginning in ever decreasing spirals down to nothing. Self IS nothing. Yahweh IS everything.

Thus you will find yourself immobilized with inner stagnation unless you throw off the mind of man and attempt to put on the mind of Christ. His load is easy and His burden is light.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

My major depression has turned into deep discouragement and frustration which I’ve been fighting for 38 yrs.  It has been affecting my spiritual walk with Christ within the past two weeks.   I am just getting so tired of fighting.  I am on medication and see an excellent doctor but I have no desire to do anything...I will sit on my couch for hours and not accomplish anything.  I need a job and have no motivation to pursue one.  My heart & body hurt ?over this.  I am just so tired and frustrated.  This depression is such a major bondage that I don’t understand why God is allowing it?  I have asked over and over that He take this away.  I don’t know if my heart can take anymore.

It's very hard to be depress. It makes everything else harder. Also some of the great men of the bible got depress. Abraham Lincoln a very great president fought depression. One thing I do know simple things like exercise can lessen it a great deal. Just start off slow. Ten minutes per day to start.  And cutting out sugar and sugar products will help. Eating healthier and adding fruits and veg to your diet also helps. We are made to function in certain ways. We were not created to eat bad. I am not saying you do but some people do a lot. I know if I don't exercise I feel not well. Try it for 30 days and see if things don't get better. Gods blessing to you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

Have you had your thyroid and your vitamin D levels checked?    I heard insufficient levels of both of those can cause depression.

If the above are ok, you might want to check with your doctor about decreasing your medication.   Sometimes people actually feel better on lower medication, and eventually no medication.  God bless!

1 hour ago, brakelite said:

While I appreciate that immediate chemical imbalances in the brain may require medication, in the long run it is God's desire to see you healed. There are natural ways to regain normalcy which bring peace and joy. Exercise...proper diet...sound sleep patterns...rest...and constant friendly fellowship with like-minded individuals who don't judge you for your illness....as well as good Bible study that remembers the promises of God and reminding yourself every day of who you are and can be in Christ (positive thoughts based on God's declarations as to how much you are loved and how precious you are to Him etc...we are what we think)....prayer and faith in God all contribute to a better lifestyle. Good sound Christian counselling that isn't predicated on worldly principles and philosophy is also recommended.

Very good advice...I need to start exercising right away!!  Also stop isolating and trying to be upbeat and not letting people in about my pain.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

Shrinkism is the tip of a very ugly iceberg of frustration and chasing your tail. Founded by occultism and based on their Jungian and Freudian misapprehension of humans without spirits it is not surprising. Modern shrink stuff just puts the spin on the old Gnostic stuff.

If you ditch you psycho-heresy and focus on the scriptures - all of them. You might find yourself out of that box you find yourself in. Shrinks want you to vortex to the beginning in ever decreasing spirals down to nothing. Self IS nothing. Yahweh IS everything.

Thus you will find yourself immobilized with inner stagnation unless you throw off the mind of man and attempt to put on the mind of Christ. His load is easy and His burden is light.

This advice is not helpful especially if you would have fully read my response to therapy.  I have only sought out Christian therapy and do not consider secular therapy or psychology helpful.  I have acknowledged to God that I am nothing and He is everything!!