• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/01/1961

49 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

It's very hard to be depress. It makes everything else harder. Also some of the great men of the bible got depress. Abraham Lincoln a very great president fought depression. One thing I do know simple things like exercise can lessen it a great deal. Just start off slow. Ten minutes per day to start.  And cutting out sugar and sugar products will help. Eating healthier and adding fruits and veg to your diet also helps. We are made to function in certain ways. We were not created to eat bad. I am not saying you do but some people do a lot. I know if I don't exercise I feel not well. Try it for 30 days and see if things don't get better. Gods blessing to you.

Thanks for the wonderful advice mixed with compassion. I appreciate your lack of judgement and your practical advice.

My heart is confirming with your advice that I do need to start exercising slowly  and watching more what I eat!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members

Just now, LeslieAnn said:

Thanks for the wonderful advice mixed with compassion. I appreciate your lack of judgement and your practical advice.

My heart is confirming with your advice that I do need to start exercising slowly  and watching more what I eat!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

11 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

I am not turning away from God and we all have repentance to do everyday.  I just happen to like psychology and there are great CHRISTIAN psychologists whom I have seen and currently seeing.  That is not the issue that I am in error for I am Christian in psychology.  

During the past two weeks I have had a slight change in medication.  It becomes very difficult to stay focused during your devotions and prayer when you are in mental torment and fear.  This is more a mental issue than spiritual issue.  I can do so much more with my life however I am bound by this.

Hope this helps.

ah yes that was what i did in the past i was interested in all of these things and much more and i got steadily worse and it has been a stage by stage letting go of these influences. these days i stick to the bible and just recently i am having an amazing steadyness of moods.

the counselor i see was very impressed- as i have been consistantly in a low mood to the point that i have needed to withold what i call the full story.. but i do realise that i cant be happy every day and so i keep on with the bible. and i am not on meds long story....

seeing your post has helped me realise that pressing into God is bearing fruit

Edited by existential mabel
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

15 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

My major depression has turned into deep discouragement and frustration which I’ve been fighting for 38 yrs.  It has been affecting my spiritual walk with Christ within the past two weeks.   I am just getting so tired of fighting.  I am on medication and see an excellent doctor but I have no desire to do anything...I will sit on my couch for hours and not accomplish anything.  I need a job and have no motivation to pursue one.  My heart & body hurt ?over this.  I am just so tired and frustrated.  This depression is such a major bondage that I don’t understand why God is allowing it?  I have asked over and over that He take this away.  I don’t know if my heart can take anymore.

Perhaps you need to try a different medication. You need to give your illness to God. Sit back and trust that God is in this with you. He knows your illness better than you do.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

This advice is not helpful especially if you would have fully read my response to therapy.  I have only sought out Christian therapy and do not consider secular therapy or psychology helpful.  I have acknowledged to God that I am nothing and He is everything!!

You are something to God. He calls us his precious jewels. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, Wayne222 said:

You are something to God. He calls us his precious jewels. 

Also I forgot to add he says in scripture that he writes our name on his hand. And that if even our family forgets us he will never. So we count for much in Gods eyes. Through Christ nothing comes between his love for his children in christ.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

23 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

This advice is not helpful especially if you would have fully read my response to therapy.  I have only sought out Christian therapy and do not consider secular therapy or psychology helpful.  I have acknowledged to God that I am nothing and He is everything!!

I apologize if my response is not helpful. Modern counselling is often based on the same dichotomy of the so called sciences. Women especially have gravitated to this modern form of Gnostic inspired form since females are naturally vulnerable and have that God given nurturing ability.

If your counselor is female and if they have not gone the Fraud and Jungian route, but rather the biblical route, then they may be of real help.

I also know what depression is, but rather than give you silly ideas to follow, I gave you some reality.

You have been fighting this for far too long to just continue. I offered a different approach. If you will take the ideas and research them, you might find that diet (as suggested by others) and a fresh mental approach could give you a differing perspective.

Psychology never fixes anything. However it does get you plenty of interesting labels. Labels are for soup cans, not for a child of God. He made us in His image - free, self-willed and creative. Free to succeed and free to fail. We all have the attributes of the Lord High God. If we recognize this and act like it, then what mere man says in his blundering way to understand himself will fall far short of who we are designed to be. 

There has been some good advice and compassion showed to you. I do hope that you will see that straight talk is also fueled by compassion. A hand up, not a hand out...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 2/11/2018 at 4:19 AM, brakelite said:

While I appreciate that immediate chemical imbalances in the brain may require medication, in the long run it is God's desire to see you healed. There are natural ways to regain normalcy which bring peace and joy. Exercise...proper diet...sound sleep patterns...rest...and constant friendly fellowship with like-minded individuals who don't judge you for your illness....as well as good Bible study that remembers the promises of God and reminding yourself every day of who you are and can be in Christ (positive thoughts based on God's declarations as to how much you are loved and how precious you are to Him etc...we are what we think)....prayer and faith in God all contribute to a better lifestyle. Good sound Christian counselling that isn't predicated on worldly principles and philosophy is also recommended.

Excellent 

This is the way

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Lesley.....I know exactly where you are coming from.For five years I essentially sat on the bed and stared st the floor.Depression is not sadness.Depression is like being dead.Everything pleasurable in your life means nothing anymore.If one has not lived it—- they don’t understand it.Well intentioned people think if you go out in your front yard and do jumping jacks everything will be fine.Doesnt work that way.My Depression came on very slowly , but vanished quite suddenly.Never give up hope.EVERYTHING can change in a day.It was a combination of finding the right drugs and hanging on to faith.Nothing is more important than prayer and I believe the prayers of others was involved in my cure. I am adding my prayers to the many people of faith in this site.   “ blessed ones GO THROUGH valleys of weeping”   God bless you

pleasurable

• Group:  Members

18 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I apologize if my response is not helpful. Modern counselling is often based on the same dichotomy of the so called sciences. Women especially have gravitated to this modern form of Gnostic inspired form since females are naturally vulnerable and have that God given nurturing ability.

If your counselor is female and if they have not gone the Fraud and Jungian route, but rather the biblical route, then they may be of real help.

I also know what depression is, but rather than give you silly ideas to follow, I gave you some reality.

You have been fighting this for far too long to just continue. I offered a different approach. If you will take the ideas and research them, you might find that diet (as suggested by others) and a fresh mental approach could give you a differing perspective.

Psychology never fixes anything. However it does get you plenty of interesting labels. Labels are for soup cans, not for a child of God. He made us in His image - free, self-willed and creative. Free to succeed and free to fail. We all have the attributes of the Lord High God. If we recognize this and act like it, then what mere man says in his blundering way to understand himself will fall far short of who we are designed to be. 

There has been some good advice and compassion showed to you. I do hope that you will see that straight talk is also fueled by compassion. A hand up, not a hand out...

Thank you Justin for your response back; I do appreciate what was said by you and do agree.  FYI my Christian therapist is female and will be using a scriptural approach.  I also agree to “you are what you think” and that I need to think about what I am thinking about.  I also understand that my DNA from both parents bloodline has severe mental illness and deep anxiety and fear issues.  Suicide runs on both sides.  My dear father passed away because of it. I also agree with you the importance of faith and prayer...just know that someone with mental illness find it extremely hard to concentrate and remain focused in prayer and reading scriptures.  I’m just saying it is not an easy road and a lot of people don’t understand or grasp the depth of suffering it causes.  I believe that is why Jesus healed so many people who were demon-possessed.  I am beginning to perceive that mental illness is a total work of the devil and that some can become possessed thru mental illness.  The enemy is out for the mind.  Well now that I have opened up to you...please pray for me.  I need it

• Praying! 2