• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

List of Scriptures about Hidden, Parables, Mysteries, Shadows, Seek

Psalms 49:4 I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.

Psalm 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

Proverbs 1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

Proverbs 25:2  It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Hosea 12:10 I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

Micah 3:6 Therefore night shall be unto you, that ye shall not have a vision; and it shall be dark unto you, that ye shall not divine; and the sun shall go down over the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them 

Matthew 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

Mark 4:13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

Mark 4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

John 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

Luke 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; 

1 Corinthians 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

1 Cor. 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Galatians 4:24 Which things are an allegory:

[This is all encouraging to me to keep comparing, especially if a person or event sort of jumps out at me.   I looked up the word parable and it has meaning for para to lay side by side, compare, and ballo, to see or to throw.]

Edited by Mary8
fix font