• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Why even Google knows.

They know when I've been in my car. They know where I have been. They know how fast I drove, and when I ran that traffic light, or did a rolling stop.

They know what aisle I walked, and when I turned to look at that display of goods. They are sending me  sales alerts on my smart phone even now.

It will soon be known whether I sit or stand, fact it is already, for I have bought at my great expense that very very expensive smart phone. Bet soon it will tattle on me and tell authority  to keep me in my place not to wander where I might, but to do what the authority will make my plight.

And; I have paid for the privilege. I am enticed into sharing my every movement and emotion on facebook too. They all know my every move for I  have bought their smartphone and near worship it bowing as I text; but do I understand that God is immensely more powerful and that this game of Google is child's play compared to the awesome power of my creator?

I'd go on, but my phone just commanded I look at an alert of some kind. I cannot ignore it least I be overwhelmed soon by the shear number of unresponded to alerts and messages, and then miss "something". Like God. Well maybe, maybe God sends texts, or is it just google?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Ah it was just my phone's software has been successfully upgraded. Gee am I ever glad. And all the time God has seen and known of this. It is primitive to God.  His awesome power includes knowing from before to after, and all in between:  being sovereign over all, more than can be comprehended even by Google.

And that is my muse for this AM. I need to get about the day, in praise of my creator; doing all that  I can  in a manner that is to honor His Glory.

Well one more thought before I go about:

How far into the wood must I go, or can I ? To be with God yet leave behind Google?

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

20 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

How far into the wood must I go, or can I ? To be with God yet leave behind Google?

Right where you are.   Can you ?  < shrugs > Can anyone ?   Could Job ?   David ?   Paul ? Martha ? Stephen ?

9If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, 10Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me. ... So he went down to Joppa, found a ship which was going to Tarshish, paid the fare and went down into it to go with them to Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.

Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Christian Standard Bible ... So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken and mountains fall into the ocean depths; ... The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the ...

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Right where you are.   Can you ?  < shrugs > Can anyone ?   Could Job ?   David ?   Paul ? Martha ? Stephen ?

9If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, 10Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me. ... So he went down to Joppa, found a ship which was going to Tarshish, paid the fare and went down into it to go with them to Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.

Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Christian Standard Bible ... So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken and mountains fall into the ocean depths; ... The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the ...

To get away from Google? Seems Google wants to have nearly as much knowledge of me as God has. I do resent it, but have bought into the so called convenience of smart phones to thepoint I too feel  like I made an error if I go off somewhere without mine. Why something could happen-

Yet I am never removed from God. I am always safe for even in disaster of the flesh or if my spirit may be required,  I am truly safe. I have no need of Google it's GPS It's services, I do better when I am away from  it's reach. Hidden safely in the forest roads of no cell service. Yet if my phone is on, even there it is still tracking me to tattle to Google later.

I just wonder, and am getting the sense of a call to go visit my own Walden.

On the flip side of thought, it sure is the time of signs, and wonders. It is pretty easy to read that God knows every hair on my head, and take it literally without  thinking twice about it. It isn't impossible even for man to track everything about everybody. And here God has told us  He has done that from before the beginning.  How rapid are the signs coming to us from nations, from churches, from individuals, and from services and science,even the seas and the weather.  All the universe is proclaiming God. See Him, hear Him,  bow before Him, to His Glory. He is sovereign even as what seems a hard time coming is rapidly unfolding before my eyes.

. deleted for now

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

As soon as one sacrifices freedom for security, one has neither.

I personally don't have a cellphone. Why, even just having this computer makes me paranoid. There is no such thing as privacy anymore. The internet never forgets and the internet never forgives. You've got organizations like the NSA out there and I just don't like it. Sure, you might catch the oddball criminal here and there, but is it really worth our own privacy?

• Thumbs Up 1