Mary8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

.Typology of Manasseh (the church) and Ephraim (the end time 144,000 Jews), the sons of Joseph who is very much like Jesus

Conclusions: I believe there is a rich mystery in the prophecies about Joseph, Manasseh and Ephraim, and it is revealed in the blessing over the younger, in their names, in the strong comparisons of Joseph and Jesus, and the whole story of Joseph and the similarities to the life of Jesus, and that much is still to be played out. Manasseh, like the believers during the church era, the older group; Ephraim, the younger son who received the patriarchal blessing by Jacob, is like the Jewish believers of the end times, and there are many mysterious prophecies.  It comes to mind that Christ is revealed in the bread and wine, unleavened bread, and His sinlessness is shown.  The two wave loaves that the Priest lifted before the Lord at Pentecost were of leavened bread and the loaves might be compared to the church, mostly Gentiles, as one loaf, and the Tribulation believers, the 144,000 Jews (and their converts) as the other loaf, showing all those who accept Christ during that time.  Another mysterious prophecy which is still to be fulfilled is that the house of Jacob shall be for a fire, the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble.

Joseph's younger son Ephraim is blessed, and prophesied over by the dying Jacob in Egypt. [Genesis 48:17 And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head. 18 And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head. 19 And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.]

The name of Manasseh, firstborn of Joseph, means  "causing to forget."  The birth of Joseph's firstborn, Manasseh was first to bring joy to Joseph and helped him to forget his rejection and suffering.  Manasseh caused Joseph to "forget all my toil, and all my father's house," according to Genesis 41:51

I believe that Ephraim, whose name means "double fruitfulness," compares to Israel, the 144,000 believing Jewish evangelists, in the last days. This brings to mind the prophecy that Joseph is as a "fruitful vine by a wall." [Genesis 49:22 "Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall"].  Ash heaps were noted as I did searches, and ashes were used as fertilizer to cause abundant plant growth.   (Bethlehem Ephrata, the ephrata means "fruitful" also.)

I checked pictures of proper pruning of grapevines, and many reveal that the trunk is allowed to have two arms.   The arms divide at the crown and each arm is allowed to have branches called "spurs" and "cordons."   These burst into heavy growth after severe pruning.

Joseph's name means " Jehovah shall increase/add."  Joseph is a type of the Lord Jesus Christ, as powerfully brought out by MacDonald's wonderful list of comparisons of Joseph and Jesus. Joseph was rejected by his brothers, became pharaoh's right hand man; Joseph wisely prepared for a seven year period of famine which I compare to the Tribulation; Joseph was restored to his brothers and to his father, Jacob. Joseph was his father's favorite son. Because of Joseph's wisdom all of his family members in Israel were provided for during the famine.

Joseph's sons were born before the seven year period of famine. [Genesis 41:50 And unto Joseph were born two sons before the years of famine came, which Asenath the daughter of Potipherah priest of On bare unto him.]

Ephraim received the patriarchal blessing (Jacob's right hand) which would usually have gone to the older son, Manasseh.

The tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim receive the same full inheritance as the sons of Jacob. [Scripture: Genesis 48:5 Jacob says, "They .... are mine: as Reuben and Simeon they shall be mine."

Some Scriptures: [Hebrews 2:13 And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. This is speaking about Jesus, as revealed in verses 9 through 13.]

Very revealing and still to be fulfilled upon those who hate the God of the Jews and Christians is the prophecy about Joseph's house a flame and the house of Esau for stubble. [Obadiah 1:18 And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it.]

In Revelation 7, the tribes of Ephraim and Dan are not listed among "all the tribes" of Israel, but the tribes of both Manasseh and Joseph are included.

Hosea has much about how God loves Ephraim, and contains prophecies: Hosea chapter 11:1-12 1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt. 2 As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images. 3 I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them. 4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them. 5 He shall not return into the land of Egypt, but the Assyrian shall be his king, because they refused to return. 6 And the sword shall abide on his cities, and shall consume his branches, and devour them, because of their own counsels. 7 And my people are bent to backsliding from me: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him. 8 How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? how shall I deliver thee, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? how shall I set thee as Zeboim? mine heart is turned within me, my repentings are kindled together. 9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city. 10 They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west. 11 They shall tremble as a bird out of Egypt, and as a dove out of the land of Assyria: and I will place them in their houses, saith the LORD. 12 Ephraim compasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Judah yet ruleth with God, and is faithful with the saints.

Regarding the two loaves of leavened bread to be lifted before the Lord: Leviticus 23:17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD. Leviticus 23:20 And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest.

• This is Worthy 1