SkilletFan

Not doing that great tonight

I'm not doing too awfully well. I think God intended me to be a Progressionist Christian. Progressionist meaning not a Bible fundamentalist. Sometimes people say things like, "You should weigh human reason with the Bible, instead of the Bible with human reason." I just can't. My brain rejects thoughts that aren't wholesome, like God's justice for example, and I'm only at peace when I see things through "peaceful" glasses, so to speak. When I don't try to be like that... a chaos erupts in my brain that is like something from a Flyleaf song.

Christianity can be rough. It's a religion where it's okay to rebuke someone. And since I don't necessarily agree with that, my options are filter things out, or quit Christianity, and I don't want to quit Christianity.

If things get bad... I'll take a break from the forums probably, and talk to a psychologist. But for now... I just needed to vent.

Edited by SkilletFan
  • Praying for You! 2

47 minutes ago, SkilletFan said:

I'm not doing too awfully well. I think God intended me to be a Progressionist Christian. Progressionist meaning not a Bible fundamentalist. Sometimes people say things like, "You should weigh human reason with the Bible, instead of the Bible with human reason." I just can't. My brain rejects thoughts that aren't wholesome, like God's justice for example, and I'm only at peace when I see things through "peaceful" glasses, so to speak. When I don't try to be like that... a chaos erupts in my brain that is like something from a Flyleaf song.

Christianity can be rough. It's a religion where it's okay to rebuke someone. And since I don't necessarily agree with that, my options are filter things out, or quit Christianity, and I don't want to quit Christianity.

If things get bad... I'll take a break from the forums probably, and talk to a psychologist. But for now... I just needed to vent.

hey brother, take a breath, don't worry.

Searching for the Truth is not an easy path; and often, it is not made easier by men convinced that they have the whole truth and nothing more to learn, or that blind faith is just what is needed.

Relax, keep searching, don't expect all the answers to come immediately and, above all, dive yourself in the Gospels. There He is your closest friend. There He is the One whose words are definitely worth analyzing, while human words, included mine, are often imperfect if not totally wrong.

You don't need etiquettes either: progressive, fundamentalist, 2 sides of the same coin; they wanted you to join a "team" and follow the flock, where you can receive praise from other men. No, the act of using the brain doesn't need to be described by etiquettes, nor to be "justified" or defended.

Jesus stressed too much the important of UNDERSTANDING His words, and of NOT HAVING OTHER HUMANS AS TEACHERS, MASTER or INSTRUCTOR: you have One Instructor, and you are all brothers, say the Lord.

Keep searching. Keep looking above and at His words.

Blessings

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Venting is good. Lets off the built up pressure. My wife tells me to do this more slowly, not blow up. LOL. Before you go to the psychologist, you might consider taking your troubles to the Great Physician. He will listen. It works for me, and He answers me, through His words to us. This is truth.
The data in
my brain, my hard drive, was corrupted, as inherited from my parents, way back to Adam and Eve. They had perfect hard drives, till it was corrupted by a virus, satan. Jesus came, our antivirus. I now have a new hard drive, washed/cleaned by Jesus. (I down loaded my Savior at rebirth/salvation) I also have the Holy Spirit (WiFi) that communicates with me, comforts, leads, teaches me. But I must receive only good (true) data into my hard drive, or it will malfunction (thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might NOT sin against thee). So I have to check each bit of data coming in (take every thought captive) I scan my hard drive for false data, when I read/hear/study true data (scripture) Then when false data tries to get into my hard drive, it is more easily recognizable as compared to truth. God is Light. In Him is NO darkness. He does not/can not lie. His words are truth. No matter how much I like them, or not like them.  You want to be at peace. Who doesn't. Peace will come through truth, not human reasoning, which is flawed. God is Light, His word is true. God wants you to be a Christlike believer, washed in the blood, forgiven. He wants the best for you, and me. He whups my butt when I need it, pain, and He holds me tight, when I need it, love. He created us SkilletFan, so He knows how we work, and exactly what we need. Not a denominational labeled church. A simple bible believing church, teaching truth. God's truth.

Psa 22:24  For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

54 minutes ago, SkilletFan said:

hi, Praying for you to find rest, and also peace.

I do have to comment that  in my own understanding, it certainly is not okay to go about rebuking people. That is a discussion for elsewhere, but suffice it to say there is good reason to suspect a person that goes about rebuking as an avocation on message boards while claiming to be some agent of God is not  Christian at all, but is merely a bully seeking someone to push around. There is far more example of meekness and surrendering of rights, and privileges by Christians within the Bible than there is of any rebuking by any saint in Christ Jesus.

But do take care, study fully any scripture,  find it's context, and confirming passages before taking any of it to heart. Perhaps it is best that you not be  on  any Christian Message Board for now as they are plagued by many a bully personality that cannot find an outlet for their own flaws anywhere else for they are not tolerated face to face by any group or individual. May God bless you as you work through  your concerns.

• Thumbs Up 1

People aren't bullying me. Most are quite nice.

Just it's the overflow of ideas. Since I'm on a forum where I'm Progressionist and everyone else is Fundamentalist... ideas seep and overflow. Then I feel like I have to be like that. And it doesn't work.

Right now I'm watching Youtube videos to relax.

1 hour ago, SkilletFan said:

I struggle with this as well, possibly not exactly the same way...

I worry about my loved ones

I lay awake at night worried they are not saved and praying for them.

I believe the end is near, or rather the beginning 

I worry about what will happen to my loved ones

and my animals

I always search the Bible in regards to my rescued horses and if I will see them or if they even go to heaven while resting or when JC returns 

I prefer my rose colored glasses 

but i know that's not the way to live or think

It's definitely a struggle 

so i pray and keep my faith strong and mind clear

Edited by IvyLynn
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SkilletFan said:

I hope you stay on worthy. You are,a good person. But the thing is to be in Christ. To know Jesus and to remain with him. He is the good Sheppard. He is the way to be forgiven of our sins. And he is the one that promises eternal life. So don't leave Jesus Christ whatever you do. On forums there is always debate and people saying if you don't believe there way about Christianity your really not a Christian.  Not true. But taking time off is good too at interval.  You seem more intelligent then some on this board. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks.

I just wanted to be perfectly clear as well that these happenings and this rant aren't other forum member's faults. It's on me. I see the world through rose-colored glasses.

3 minutes ago, IvyLynn said:

I struggle with this as well, possibly not exactly the same way...

I worry about my loved ones

I lay awake at night worried they are not saved and praying for them.

I believe the end is near, or rather the beginning 

I worry about what will happen to my loved ones

and my animals

I always search the Bible in regards to my rescued horses and if I will see them or if they even go to heaven while resting or when JC returns 

I prefer my rose colored glasses 

but i know that's not the way to live or think

It's definitely a struggle 

so i pray and keep my faith strong and mind clear

I may not be perfect 

but i always ask for forgiveness and try to be the best possible witness 

but i struggle with my family and worry

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, IvyLynn said:

I may not be perfect 

but i always ask for forgiveness and try to be the best possible witness 

but i struggle with my family and worry