• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Mary was not the mother of God.   Mary was the mother of Jesus' humanity.  The Greek word "Lord"   Jesus is God and Jesus became flesh, meaning that Jesus as God pre-existed Mary.  Therefore Mary is not the mother of God.

That's what we mean when we say mother of God or Theotokos which means God bearer, I don't mean Mary is his literal mother who birthed him, she just birthed him in his incarnation as a human so there's no problem calling her a Theotokos which means bearer of God or Mother of God so long as we mean she birthed Jesus Christ as a human.

24 minutes ago, Davida said:

That is just self-deception.  

Google the difference between veneration and worship, stop deceiving your self. If all images and statues were graven images then God wouldn't have told Moses to make images from which to venerate.

19 minutes ago, Davida said:

That is a false label which only the RCC used to promote her to worship level in order to idolize her.   The Bible does not deem her the "mother of God". 

It's the same reason Elizabeth called her mother of my lord. She is the vessel which birthed God as a man, therefore making her the physical mother of Jesus Christ.

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

In the first place google is not a dictionary.  You can't even provide any scripture to back up your opinions which are based upon nothing but opinions of roman catholic clergy. Catholic man-made traditions are a corruption of Christianity and spread false teachings that have deceived many. Mary devotion is idolatry that is a throw back to pagan goddess worship. 

1Tim 2:5 "5 For there is One GOD, and One MEDIATOR also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,"   

The Bible is the God-breathed scripture of the living God for instruction and, if a person doesn't get that, then how can they truly know  who the Lord Jesus Christ is and have a real relationship with the Lord?  it's impossible because the Holy Spirit uses the word of God to instruct.  

We don't replace the saints as mediators they share in the mediators I pray of Jesus Christ. Pagan goddesses never functioned the way Mary functions in Christianity it's a completely different concept. There was no forgiveness of sins nor rosary. Real relationship? That's heresy my friend we don't talk to Jesus like he's our buddy as the head of these so called Protestant Churches teach. 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/venerate?s=t

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/worship?s=t

look at the links for the difference of worship and veneration.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Mishael said:

It's the same reason Elizabeth called her mother of my lord. She is the vessel which birthed God as a man, therefore making her the physical mother of Jesus Christ.

All this passes away ... and in s/Spiritual rebirth we are to reason differently; we are to reason as instructed by God's Word
Matt 12:47-50
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
KJV

The fact that the s/Spiritual nature of family has changed in the newness of being born again of a living hope is quite telling upon the catholics that are trying to drag the 1st born realities with them... satan knows the only manipulative power he has is of this world and not of the next; it would seem an easy thing to see but only for eyes that born new by the power of regeneration by The Holy Spirit...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

6 hours ago, Mishael said:

Theres no historical evidence the rosary was used by any religion prior to the Catholic Church

Surely Mr. Mishaels, you must know that is not so?

The Rosary beads concept is pagan in origin, the Muslims along with the  Catholics got the idea from pagan practices.

https://falsereligionstartedinbabylon.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/the-pagan-origin-of-rosary-beads/

Matthew 6

The Model Prayer

“And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.[b] 7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Davida said:
You need to read & study the Bible scripture, otherwise, you will continue to be in darkness. Bible study, IT IS Highly recommended by the Bible itself and is a prerequisite that has been done by all ex:Catholics. That should make a light come on. 
LOL!!   I gave you this definition & link from dictionary .com before- but you selectively ignore what it says. Word Origin and History for venerate is Worship. 
verb.

1620s, from Latin veneratus, past participle of venerari "to reverence,worship" (see veneration ). Related: Venerated ; venerating.

It's still not the same word, veneration means to give praise and or respect. Venerari is not the same word as veneration.

23 minutes ago, Davida said:

ya, heretic lol! I reject ROME'S religious corruption and Anti-Christ teachings.   You cannot speak of any genuine truth when you have no Knowledge of Bible scripture, or understanding of the relationship with the Lord Christ Jesus but only follow & can regurgitate Roman Catholic fables/heresies. 

Christ is our God not our friend to have a relationship with.

29 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Surely Mr. Mishaels, you must know that is not so?

The Rosary beads concept is pagan in origin, the Muslims along with the  Catholics got the idea from pagan practices.

https://falsereligionstartedinbabylon.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/the-pagan-origin-of-rosary-beads/

Matthew 6

The Model Prayer

“And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.[b] 7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Muslims adopted the prayer beads when they came into contact with Christians, Hinduism and Bhudddism aren't defined religions with doctrines they just adopt beliefs from religions they come into contact with and pick and choose what to follow, so I can easily say it was them who copied it from the Catholic Church. Also you need to provide  historical references which directly link pagan prayer beads to the Catholic rosary. You need to show somewhere in history where Catholicism literally took the pagan idea and incorporated it.

Just now, Davida said:

Wrong.   No where does the bible give examples of telling the followers of Jesus to build STATUES to worship & light candles to.  You can keep denying it Mish but it is plain.  

The Jews and the ark of the covenant and Moses and the Cherubim yet Moses didn't worship them he venerated them.