• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

Pity you, you only know what Rome tells you.  You have so many obstacles between you and the Lord it's no wonder. 

I can easily say you only know what our pastors tell you, but it is not a strong argument or valid in this discussion. By the way please look to the division in Protestantism before you talk of obstacles between me and my lord. And I'd like you to name me how many different sects their are of Protestantism.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

38 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Muslims adopted the prayer beads when they came into contact with Christians, Hinduism and Bhudddism aren't defined religions with doctrines they just adopt beliefs from religions they come into contact with and pick and choose what to follow, so I can easily say it was them who copied it from the Catholic Church. Also you need to provide  historical references which directly link pagan prayer beads to the Catholic rosary. You need to show somewhere in history where Catholicism literally took the pagan idea and incorporated it.

I don't doubt the Muslim copied from the Catholic church, a former Jesuit Catholic priest by the name of Alberto Rivera mentions the influence the RCC had on the creation of Islam in the seventh century.

So I have not provided enough? well some think I provide too much at times. lol. but here is another Catholic link that provides from a RCC site when they were adopted:https://dynamiccatholic.com/5-million-rosaries/history-of-the-rosary.

Here a bit of History of the RCC:

In 610 AD the idea of having the title of Pope.

The year 709 AD the idea that if you approach the Pope you had to kiss his feet. (now where is that in the bible?)

In 750, the idea of the Pope is having temporal power.

In 788, the worshiping and images of saints.

In 8950 the mass viewed as an unbloodied sacrifice

1090 praying the rosary (introduces by StPaul the hermit)

1100  the use of the confessional box

The beginning of the Inquisition of heretics began in 1184 began with the council of Rome

The selling of indulgences is the purchases of the forgiveness of sins  began in 1190

This also is called The Enchiridion Of Indulgences

-Lists dozens of prayers you can say for deceased relatives:

-Partial indulgences

-Plenary Indulgences

***This became a HUGE source of revenue in the middle ages

-The rich were even allowed to pay for sins in advance.

(*** foot note: Romans 3:10 says none are righteous, not even one.

Isaiah ch 64: 6 says we are all as an unclean thing, all our righteousness are as the likes of filthy rags…) So according to the bible, no human being has enough merit to get to heaven

However  in Catholicism it says that the Pope in him alone has the key to unlock this bank account of stored merit in heaven and to dispense it through indulgences.

There exist a book with which you can purchase that has a list of prayers to use for indulgences to get your loved ones out of purgatory..  

The doctrine of transubstantiation 1215 that the bread and wine literally become the body and blood of Christ Jesus

The practice of adoring the host(wafer) 1220

Laity forbidden to read the bible 1229 by the counsel of Valencia decreed.

The scapular the little piece of wool cloth to be worn around your neck that was a promise given by the virgin Mary to St Simon Stock in 1287       That anyone who wore this scapular and who did certain prayers everyday that when they died they would go strait to heaven.

In 1414 The church forbade the Laity form drinking from the communion cup.

In 1439 Purgatory was formally declared a formal dogma of the church

In 1540 the Jesuit order was started by Ignatius Loyola witch was built on hermit-ism and principals of magik

Council of Trent  in 1545 decreed that tradition was of equal authority to Bible scripture

In 1834 the church declares by Pius the IX, the immaculate conception of Mary (that she like Jesus was born without sin in her by an action of God by time cranking the merits of Calvary back to the time of Mary's conception.)

In 1870,The same Pope Pius IX declares Popes to be infallible

In 1950 Pope XII decrees the dogma of the assumption of Mary to have been assumed into heaven . That is that when she dieds she went strait up to heaven -was ruptured- meaning her body at the time of her death also went to heaven .

So many of these New creeds and dogmas were instated hundreds of years after the Bible.

A good video from an ex catholic gives factual data:

Check on you tube for Bill Schnoebelen -Catholicism: The Church on Haunted Hill

Here is the testimony of another former Jesuit priest Richard Bennett.

Here is the title of a you tube video from Mr. Bennett

Exposing Roman Catholicism (Former Catholic Priest Richard Bennett)

Edited by 1to3

8 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

I don't doubt the Muslim copied from the Catholic church, a former Jesuit Catholic priest by the name of Alberto Rivera mentions the influence the RCC had on the creation of Islam in the seventh century.

So I have not provided enough? well some think I provide too much at times. lol. but here is another Catholic link that provides from a RCC site when they were adopted:https://dynamiccatholic.com/5-million-rosaries/history-of-the-rosary.

The year 709 AD the idea that if you approach the Pope you had to kiss his feet. (now where is that in the bible?)

The beginning of the Inquisition of heretics began in 1184 began with the council of Rome

The selling of indulgences is the purchases of the forgiveness of sins  began in 1190

-Partial indulgences

-Plenary Indulgences

Isaiah ch 64: 6 says we are all as an unclean thing, all our righteousness are as the likes of filthy rags…) So according to the bible, no human being has enough merit to get to heaven

However  in Catholicism it says that the Pope in him alone has the key to unlock this bank account of stored merit in heaven and to dispense it through indulgences.

There exist a book with which you can purchase that has a list of prayers to use for indulgences to get your loved ones out of purgatory..  

The doctrine of transubstantiation 1215 that the bread and wine literally become the body and blood of Christ Jesus

The scapular the little piece of wool cloth to be worn around your neck that was a promise given by the virgin Mary to St Simon Stock in 1287       That anyone who wore this scapular and who did certain prayers everyday that when they died they would go strait to heaven.

In 1540 the Jesuit order was started by Ignatius Loyola witch was built on hermit-ism and principals of magik

Council of Trent  in 1545 decreed that tradition was of equal authority to Bible scripture

In 1834 the church declares by Pius the IX, the immaculate conception of Mary (that she like Jesus was born without sin in her by an action of God by time cranking the merits of Calvary back to the time of Mary's conception.)

In 1950 Pope XII decrees the dogma of the assumption of Mary to have been assumed into heaven . That is that when she dieds she went strait up to heaven -was ruptured- meaning her body at the time of her death also went to heaven .

So many of these New creeds and dogmas were instated hundreds of years after the Bible.

Bill Schnoebelen - Catholicism: The Church on Haunted Hill - YouTube

I'm not sure the Roman Catholic Church had influence in seventh century Islam. Not to mention the Papacy is the one who called the crusades. Again I said I'm not Catholic nor do I agree with all catholic doctrines I only replied to this threa in response to the accusation of idolatry if I have icons or statues.

11 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

-Partial indulgences

-Plenary Indulgences

Doesn't prove solid evidence of the link between the Catholic rosary and paganism.

22 minutes ago, Davida said:

Already been explained that they did not worship the cherubim & that has nothing in common with Mary dogma that the RCC created and promotes.  

They venerated it though, same thing I do to Mary and the saints.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

30 minutes ago, Mishael said:

I'm not sure the Roman Catholic Church had influence in seventh century Islam. Not to mention the Papacy is the one who called the crusades. Again I said I'm not Catholic nor do I agree with all catholic doctrines I only replied to this threa in response to the accusation of idolatry if I have icons or statues.

Hello Mishael,

well you yourself said that it was the RCC that introduced the Muslims to the Rosary.

I hope you can view a testimony from former Jesuit Catholic Priest  Richard Bennett, he has a lot of knowledge ad referrals that he gives . So i hope when you have a little time you can have a listen from him. I myself came from a former Catholic Background, and i certainly don't think its right to mock any other religion or even make fun of the term -purgatory-. that takes away form the discussion and also a true christian attitude towards our fellowman. So i am sorry for that.

Anyhow, I must go for now, but I see that you reposted a quote  from me that has a you tube link in it. I removed the link from my thread and I ask if you could please be so kind as to do the same as they can take down a post that has any working video links. (I thank you in advance).

God bless Mr Mishael, have a good day;

In our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus;

1to3

10 minutes ago, Davida said:

You are following a false teaching of the RCC -- Not what God has taught us in His Holy scripture and not what Jesus taught us.  

You asked for a verse, I provided it. Wheather you think it's a false teaching or not is up to you. Moses venerated the Cherubim just as I venerate Mary and the Saints.

Edited by Mishael

3 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Hello Mishael,

well you yourself said that it was the RCC that introduced the Muslims to the Rosary.

I hope you can view a testimony from former Jesuit Catholic Priest  Richard Bennett, he has a lot of knowledge ad referrals that he gives . So i hope when you have a little time you can have a listen from him. I myself came from a former Catholic Background, and i certainly don't think its right to mock any other religion or even make fun of the term -purgatory-. that takes away form the discussion and also a true christian attitude towards our fellowman. So i am sorry for that.

Anyhow, I must go for now, but I see that you reposted a quote  from me that has a you tube link in it. I removed the link from my thread and I ask if you could please be so kind as to do the same as they can take down a post that has any working video links. (I thank you in advance).

1to3

Nope the Roman Catholic Church hadn't reached the Levant at the time. Muslims copied it from the Greek and Syriac Christians of the Levant.

4 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Hello Mishael,

1to3

I come from a former Muslim background I'm fine having friendly discussions with other Protestants so long as there's no bigotry to the Catholic or Orthodox Churches.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

let's call it what it is shall we... catholic doctrine is demonic hogwash. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1