ejected

Am I your enemy because i tell you the truth?

Ejected, I don't know you personally, so feel free to ignore what I'm about to say. Nearly every thread started by you here (around a dozen or so, but there may be some I've missed), is a variation on "the church in America is profoundly borked."

Is it? I dunno. Maybe. Could be it's worse than we know. The thing is, there are good ones around (agreed, they're rarer than hen's teeth), but according to what you're telling us, you've not seen one. Not one, in a country three thousand miles wide and half again as high. That tells me you're painting with a very wide brush. More troubling than that is your posts come across as extremely prideful. Perhaps that's your intent, maybe not, but it's very off-putting.

Look, I'm far from perfect, failing more often than not, though I try (operative word: try) to keep a humble and teachable spirit. And sometimes I feel I'm the worst Christian in long pants, but that's probably just Sluefoot barking his nonsense. That said, over these past forty-five-plus years I've met a few folks like you, and without exception their mindset comes from being abused by a church.

Does that happen in this country a lot? Sadly yes, and I've gotten caught in that sorry meat-grinder myself more than once, barely escaping with my mind--and my joy--intact. I'm only telling you this, Ejected, to say you CAN rise above what's happened to you, but first you have to be willing to junk the lofty-but-perpetually-aggrieved manner in which you present yourself.

I believe you're a good, but wounded, man. Let Jesus heal you, as He did me.

Peace.

Edited by John Robinson
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

I have visited his website and find almost nothing there that I disagree with....but his personality as it appears here is very off-putting . A little friendliness could go a long way if he is serious about sharing things he believes to be of value with others.

11 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I have visited his website and find almost nothing there that I disagree with...

True teaching is one of the fruits of righteousness, of a true believer/ follower of Jesus/ man of YHVH.

The 'emotions' / 'feelings' are not reliable to base anything on, especially with so much false teaching present today on the forum and in churches and throughout the whole world.

Good true teaching is like gold,  very valuable.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:22 PM, hmbld said:

This still sounds like the accusing of people, instead of the sin. One thing that makes it difficult to accuse the church of falsehoods, etc, is each of us are imperfect, and have falsehoods in our own beliefs. 

So true, hmbd, but the rhetoric that is being blasted onto this site, day after day, is very divisive. Truth is that no one listens to someone who is consistently negative and accusatory.   Who is it that accuses believers before God on a daily basis?  Anyone remember?

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

True teaching is one of the fruits of righteousness, of a true believer/ follower of Jesus/ man of YHVH.

The 'emotions' / 'feelings' are not reliable to base anything on, especially with so much false teaching present today on the forum and in churches and throughout the whole world.

Good true teaching is like gold,  very valuable.

Yes, like Sabbath-keeping.

• Thumbs Up 1