IGNORED

King James Version Bible vs. Modern English Bibles

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

That "entire premise" is hardly worth mentioning, as there are greater errors 'behind the scenes' here even amongst those who are claiming to hold to a more accurate Scripture or somehow 'better' theology.  (much of which cannot be disclosed at this time due to space, time and rules of the site, and unwillingness of some,  and it would need a few or many other threads ! ) ....

So agreeing on something that's actually not disputed,   nor even disputable ? ,  while other important things are seemingly sliding by unobserved and wrong,   doesn't help your point of view, does it ?

If there are more important things to discuss, whose fault is it they aren't being talked about?  Start new threads.  I stand by everything I said.  I consider this topic of grave importance.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, ScottA said:

These are the symptoms of God pouring out His spirit upon all flesh, on the good and the evil, and what happens when the world infiltrates the church.

These are the times foretold by Joel the prophet and confirmed by Peter on the day of Pentecost, when God would pour out His spirit upon all flesh. Meaning not just on "the wheat" (God's children), but also on "the tares" (the children of Satan). The result is bound to be quite volatile, and explains the great divide between the church and the rest of the world, but also the crazy radical behavior of children crazed by the power of God, but who lack understanding.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, Butero said:

If there are more important things to discuss, whose fault is it they aren't being talked about?  Start new threads.  I stand by everything I said.  I consider this topic of grave importance.

They are being discussed in this and in other threads as possible, as YHVH Permits.

Don't 'give in' , no,  to accept as you say "corrupt versions",  and also don't worry about English versions that pass the test (of usefulness? of reasonable true accuracy? ) . 

Also, don't ever make the bigger mistake of some KJV-only advocates that miss the boat entirely - they have an acknowledged authoritative translation but deny Jesus !  

6 minutes ago, ScottA said:

These are the times foretold by Joel the prophet and confirmed by Peter on the day of Pentecost, when God would pour out His spirit upon all flesh. Meaning not just on "the wheat" (God's children), but also on "the tares" (the children of Satan). The result is bound to be quite volatile, and explains the great divide between the church and the rest of the world, but also the crazy radical behavior of children crazed by the power of God, but who lack understanding.

When the Bible speaks of the Spirit being poured out on all flesh, that means young and old, male and female that are Christians, not literally everyone.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

When the Bible speaks of the Spirit being poured out on all flesh, that means young and old, male and female that are Christians, not literally everyone.

Say it again QUICK butero.  FOR ROME will use this phrase out of text to support the interfaith move .  it will say ITS GOD HIS SPIRIT BEING POURED ON them all

as they gather as one for world peace.    ITS COMING BUTERO like a monster you will hear this soon in time . 

BUT YOU ARE FULLY RIGHT .   And we must not let this mindset that now is and will be heard very loud from ROME and others soon that makes it seem

as though GODS SPIRIT is at work in all religons to gather them as one for world peace and unity.  BUTERO ITS AT THE DOOR ,  soon this cry will be heard very loud and its FALSE AS HECK.

17 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I Don't know where it started.  but what on you and davida not seeing eye to eye on .

Explain it so it can be tested .     

If guess it started on page 11 when he quoted my comment:

"Reverence toward God is fine, but let us not forget Christ's condemnation of the lawyers ( who were so technically into the written word that they didn't understand the spirit of it)."

6 minutes ago, Butero said:

Right or wrong, that would be one interpretation. But I read and take "all" to mean "all."

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, ScottA said:

"Reverence toward God is fine, but let us not forget Christ's condemnation of the lawyers ( who were so technically into the written word that they didn't understand the spirit of it)."

THEY were not technically in that word at all.  they used it only TO JUSTIFY themselves as RIGHTEOUS before men and GOD.   thus they knew nothing at all.

Being technical is a good thing IF IT USED CORRECTLY as in CORRECTION and instruction in righteous living .  but never as a means of self justification or earning squat.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

6 hours ago, Butero said:

KJVBO is right.  I fully trust my KJV Bible.... 

Not surprisingly, you're confusing your Bible with Jesus.

Again.

4 minutes ago, ScottA said:

That was being used to show why standing on the KJV Bible wasn't that important.  It was being compared to the lawyers of Jesus' day.  I didn't agree with that either.