IGNORED

Trump Wants To Replace Food Stamps With Boxes

LadyKay

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Many do not have that option of cash. You buy your food and pay for it with your card.

In most places you do have that option and it contributes to fraud.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Grocery stores operate on very thin profit margins. They do not have the manpower to "waste" checking everyones grocery items against the food cards. That also assumes they want to check it. Undercover cops do not remotely catch most of the fraud. 

No I'm talking about people selling their food cards.  You send someone in the store with a food card and see if the person will buy it. Then when they do they are busted. I think I saw it on the News with an undercover video. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Well over all I think it will be interesting to see how this works.  I wonder though, is the box coming to your house? Or is there some place you have to go to pick up the box.  What if you can't get there on the right day? Will you go without your box? Oh I have so many questions about this. So much to think about. :39:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

this is in the small city that I live in .....   Shawnee Oklahoma.        The Box idea could work, it is here   https://www.facebook.com/ourcommunitymarketofpottawatomiecounty/

My biggest concern is that is it possible for it to work with the government controlling it???                This place is helping about six thousand people a year on a monthly basis getting food from the Oklahoma Food Bank and other local donations from grocery stores and farmers.    They also have a garden growing their own food that is about to be greatly enlarged.....

Would the box idea work.....     potentially yes it could.....   can the government make it happen......   well that's a different question.

You might want to spend some time on this facebook site and see how it works here....